@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Sorry, I’m having trouble getting what you’re saying. 🙂 Do you mean that you’re on right now, but won’t be on for the rest of the day?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Hey! (Sorry I disappeared yesterday!) I’m doing some work this morning, but I’m not going to be on later.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I Need Help with My American Character in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, well I’ve been thinking about it, and maybe the best thing to do would just be write him the same as you would write an Australian, and then let your beta-readers tell you if there’s anything that sounds weird.
It’s hard for us to think of specific instances of slang or whatever, and if we could, you’d have a hard time keeping…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic I Need Help with My American Character in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
The first thing you should know about Aussies, should you ever visit us, is that we make fun of everyone and everything. Usually Americans 😀
And yes, he is deaf and doesn’t speak, so everything he communicates would be by writing, and though I think people do write more formally than they speak, I actually think he probably would…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@skredder Thank you!!! <3
-
Jenna Terese posted an update 8 years, 5 months ago
Happy Stars Wars day everyone! May the fourth be with you! 😛
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic I Need Help with My American Character in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Yes, I agree. 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic WANTED: Alpha Readers!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@kaya-young I like that part too. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic I Need Help with My American Character in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice I live in Ohio if you ever have any questions about there.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic WANTED: Alpha Readers!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariella-newheart Thanks for your comments! And don’t worry about being late. 🙂 🙂
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine And I’m cutting out for the night. I gotta go to bed. Good luck with the western! 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@skredder 🙂 Hooray for shattered trust! An author’s key to wonderful anxiety and emotional impact on our characters.
But I’m going to go now, I think. It’s getting late. Goodnight! Have fun with the heart-to-heart!
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine They’re gonna have a heart-to-heart and pseudo trust each other. Then I am going to shatter that trust with a jack-hammer, but only on one side.
-
Sink replied to the topic MC Issues in the forum Characters 8 years, 5 months ago
@gh24682468999 @daughteroftheking @catwing
Thanks! I’ll definitely be taking your guy’s advice. Kirin is… weird. He’s my MC, but he’s hard for me to write because I usually write anti-hero MCs and he’s not really an anti-hero. He’s entertaining sometimes, but I’m just not quite as attached to him as my other characters. *sighs* At least I have…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@skredder A heart-to-heart? Oh, that was the most terrifying part of my last book for me to write! I had been planning it from the beginning and had it all perfect in my head, and then when I finally got to that scene I completely forgot everything I had planned. 🙁 It turned out okay, but though I can’t remember what I had planned I’m still su…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine They’re actually behaving rather well right now. A couple of them, that don’t trust each other, are about to have a heart-to-heart. We’ll see how that goes. At least I do have a mediating character, although I just revealed a really horrible moment in his otherwise unexciting backstory.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@skredder I’m editing my western, which is also going at a slower pace than I’d like. 🙂 However, my pace is not at all steady, so congratulations on that score. 😛
How are your characters behaving?
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine I’m working on Clouded Fury. It’s at a slower pace than I’d like, but it seems to be a steady pace. So, not too bad I guess. 🙂
Watcha workin’ on?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@skredder Hi! What are you working on? How’s it going?
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine I will be for a little bit.
- Load More
