@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, naughty books for causing us so much trouble.
Well, one was an apology post for not posting in almost a month and the other one was the actual post.
and the other ones were just short introductions
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Unfortunately, no. I am not having an easier time. 🙁 My novel and short stories have not progressed more than a few inches down the page over the past few days. I have great plans for them, however… 😛
By the way, how is it even possible to write two blog posts and start three more in a day?! I feel happy if I figure out how to wri…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, for me, all of the songs are right up there, but those two are just barely higher on the scale.
My writing…is going to drive me insane. I meant to write 3 chapters this week, but didn’t get to write at all until today. But I did write two blog posts and start three more, so I haven’t been completely hopeless in my writing. How…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia The barn raising scene is amazing, of course! It’s really funny, especially the expressions on the brothers’ faces, but the acrobatics are so cool! For lyrical songs I actually like the more upbeat ones, because they’re funnier. 😉 Sobbin’ Women, Bless Yore Beautiful Hide, and Goin’ Courtin are probably my favorites, but I do like Wo…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine, Yes, yes we do
Well, my favorite is actually instrumental because I love the scene. It’s the barn raising scene. But I guess my favorite lyrical one is either Spring, Spring, Spring or the Lament. What about you?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Well, apparently she likes Edelweiss, but nothing else. She says they’re boring. The reason, I believe, is that she likes songs from which she can tell the plot as they’re singing. Songs like in opera, where the people sing, “We must go and kill the king,” instead of, “isn’t it fun to always sing.” 😛
I like songs that you can si…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine agh sorry I have to go. looks like I just missed ya @alia 🙁
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17, YOU’VE NEVER SEEN SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS???
I shall be off and on for probably the next hour or two
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Yeah I didn’t like Annie Get Your Gun either. and WHAT SHE DOESN’T LIKE THE SOUND OF MUSIC SONGS?! I love those so much.
Thanks for the recommendations! I’ll check those out 😉
I have to step away for a few, but I’ll be back. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Well, she doesn’t like the Sound of Music songs. 😮 So she has a different type of musical taste than I do. 🙂 I don’t like Annie Get Your Gun because the story is so inaccurate compared to the real Annie Oakley…but I’m actually a hypocrite, since I like a different Annie Oakley movie which is also historically inaccurate. I l…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Haha, yeah I know you two talk a lot about musicals. 😉 sadly, I haven’t watched many in my time; Sound of Music and Annie Get Your Gun. I had asked Seekjustice what some good family musicals were, but she hasn’t gotten back to me yet. Can you recommend any?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Haha. 😀
Oh, too bad. Or, too bad for the characters. Not too bad for you. 😉
My characters aren’t really doing much of anything right now, since I’ve not been doing as much writing over the past few days. I have the next part planned out and am trying to get to it, but I haven’t been working very hard. 😛
Been listening to an…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Well, glad to hear advertising went well then 😉 I wish I wasn’t always so low on money then I could but some Kapeefers’ books. (‘low on money’ because I buy books 😛 )
Things aren’t gonna get better for my characters right now, cuz things are heating up for the climax *rubs hands together* 😉 how about yours?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 It went pretty well. I got to talk to several people. I’ve looked up expectations for book signings online and I think I did well according to the estimates I’ve seen. I only sold three books, but apparently book signings are not about selling books but about getting your name out, and I think I did that. 😉
Still plodding sl…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese posted an update 8 years, 5 months ago
Nearing the end of the first draft of my WIP!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Oh my goodness yes how did that go?
going pretty well for me. 🙂 and you?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yes! I’m finally here, back from my book signing. 😀
Hello. How’s it going?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Aw, did I miss you?
@seekjustice @rochellaine @ariel-ashira @warrenluther04 Anyone writing?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
welp, I’m signing off
- Load More
