@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
In general? I would prefer they would have awful memories. Writing PTSD sounds fun. 😛
But then self-amnesia sounds compelling too.
For a specific character… I’d say not remember who they are.
Would your character rather be portrayed by a live actor, or by an animated character (any type of animation).
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
And then, we’ll defend the honour of KP with our knitting needles.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 4 months ago
1.   Who was your favorite character and why?
Uma. I just loved her innocence combined with her…uh…robotness. I did feel that you could have done heaps more with her than you did, like explaining more about why she was created, what her programming is like, developing her character a bit more. But yeah, she was my favour…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine haha, I just got a picture in my mind of us two old grey-haired ladies hunched over our laptops chatting in the writers’ corner 😀 Yes, ’til we’re old and grey!!!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Well, I didn’t really like Oliver Twist, the book either, which I just finished so…I don’t know, I feel like Dickens betrayed me.
There’s a super thin plot dealing with the “nine lives of cats” sort of thing, but that’s literally it. Who cares if it has a plot. Good dancing 😛
My mum was learning Italian in uni and she…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine I once did a paper on the history of Italian opera. That was an experience. A lot of the operas were inappropriate for then and for now, yet people keep watching them. My question is, how many people actually understand what’s being sung since it’s in Italian?
I’ll have to check out those links tomorrow.
@seekjustice It was still a…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@skredder Well, check these out for Sight&Sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBlRmJGPvbk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEGDGorAbx0
Hahaha! That’s why I’m not sure if I’ll like it. I like a musical to have a few songs here and there, and a lot of dialogue. I do like operas, but I prefer musicals to be completely di…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
In defence of Les Mis…its not really dark…okay, it kinda is. Hmm.
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Okay. I just love it because it’s absolutely hilarious and ridiculous and the dancing is so precise. I guess I’m not very much into the darker stuff. I’ll take action, but not dark.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I personally haven’t listened to it, because its sorta not a “dark modern musical”, but its a classic 😀
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, cool! I really love Singin’ in the Rain!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Well, there’s a broadway version of Anastasia, which I personally like a lot more (though I like the animated movie too). I like the Count of Monte Cristo musical a lot too 😀 It was one I didn’t find until more recently.
Yep, Singin’ in the Rain is a musical too 😀
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Sorry. That’s all. I’ve only seen the disney animated version of Anastasia and listened to my brother play-by-play as he read The Count of Monte Cristo. I didn’t even know all of those were available as musicals, Anastasia as a musical I knew about.
Wait! Does Singin’ in the Rain count as a musical?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
It’s well known that Cats literally has no plot at all. They’re songs based on poems of T.S. Elliot’s and they’re crazy, but funny, and the dancing is absolutely astounding (especially in the DVD version), but the musical world is half and half on whether its stupid or genius. I personally on the fence. But the songs are…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
LES MIS!!!! That’s all. What about Newsies, Anastasia, Tale of Two Cities, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, The Count of Monte Cristo, Lord of the Rings, The Scarlet Pimpernel—
Okay, I’ll stop.
Oh, I haven’t seen Mary Poppins since I was eleven, but it was really good! I liked it a lot. I don’t think I’ve listened to…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine I’ve heard Sight&Sound mentioned on here a few times, but haven’t looked into it.
I only saw Les Mis because a friend dragged me to it. I had no idea it was a musical until after the first song when they wouldn’t stop singing. 🙂
I’m gonna have to go soon.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@skredder Yes, Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables are both very popular. 🙂 I haven’t seen either of them. 😛 My dad tells me Les Mis is very good, (and so does SeekJustice,) but I’ve never had a chance to see it. I like the older, happy-go-lucky musicals better than those dark, modern musicals though. SeekJustice really doesn’t like tho…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine I’ve enjoyed the ones I’ve seen.They’re the more popular ones though. Phantom of the Opera, which I do have the soundtrack for, and Les Mis. I have the soundtrack to Cats for some reason, but I don’t even know what that is about.
And it was a local production of Mary Poppins that I saw live!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@skredder Haha, I can’t believe we haven’t asked you before now. 😮
Which one did you see live? I think @seekjustice and I have both seen Mary Poppins live, and I’ve seen a few others.
If you enjoy musicals, but don’t watch them, does that mean you listen to soundtracks? Or just that you like the ones you have seen?
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine It’s a short story I’m hoping to enter into the storyembers contest. I actually planned it out from start to finish. That feels really weird, but nice at the same time.
I’ve been waiting for someone to ask me this question. I enjoy musicals, but I don’t actually watch them. I’ve seen maybe three in my life. Only one which was live,…[Read more]
- Load More
