@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Jenna Terese started the topic The Omniscient POV in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
alrighty, y’all. here’s the dealio: I had this book idea that I wanted to be in omniscient POV. but the thing is, whenever I read a story with that POV, I hate it.
So, is there a way to do this POV where the reader won’t feel distant and will still love the characters?
@seekjustice @rochellaine @daughteroftheking @catwing @dekreel @dragon-snapper…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17, @daughteroftheking, @seekjustice, hey y’all, I’m here for a bit
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@daughteroftheking so many times I try to explain writer things to non-writers, and they’re just like “um, what?” 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Ha, well, “playing” abd “serenading” are probably too strong words. I am teaching myself to play guitar but it mostly consists of me complaining that my fingers can’t do F chord.
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 That’s so exciting! Yeah, I was going to say, “Chatting with my characters,” but that sounds a little looney. I’m being professional and interviewing the people who shall be my companions in my upcoming quest? No, that also sounds crazy. ;P
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@daughteroftheking haha, yeah a non-writer would never believe that we have conversations with people we made up.
Now that I say that it sounds just the teensiest bit crazy 😛 😛 😛
I’m editing my sci-fi dystopian. Nearing the end!
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 To develop my characters a bit, I’m writing imaginary conversations with them. It’s fun. I had no idea my MC was an extrovert, but lo and behold, she is! You learn something new everyday. 😛 Whatcha doing?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Ooh guitar? I didn’t know you played guitar 🙂 yeah I’d love if you could stay and chat!
@daughteroftheking Hi! 😉 While Seekjustice is serenading us with guitar music, what are you working on?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Hola!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I’m not really on cause its Sunday afternoon for me, but I’m here to chat for a bit if you want to. I’m currently doing a bit of guitar.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I think they’re kind of a weird sci-fi fantasy cross so yeah, I think they count.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic So… Is Anyone Interested in Designing… Space Ships??? in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 4 months ago
@leumeister That is a really cool design!! I like the back view(or second picture, whatever it’s supposed to be) best – probably because of the lights. 😉 My brother has a huge collection of the Star Trek miniature ships, and it reminds me of those, though of course it’s very different from most of them.
My sci-fi stories are about time t…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@kaya-young I’ve never read those, so…?????
maybe someone else will know @seekjustice @catwng @dekreel
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
Ahh… XD Yeah, I write a lot of sci-fi. I’ve even come up with dramatic reveals that turn a story into a sci-fi story. 😛 I even have modern-day fiction with science fiction elements, like sentient androids. XD I like other genres, but I am almost obsessed with sci-fi! XD I think my love of animation and electronic music contribute…[Read more]
-
Leumeister started the topic So… Is Anyone Interested in Designing… Space Ships??? in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 4 months ago
Most sci-fi stories, at least in my experience, feature spaceships fairly prominently. Mine, Aquila, is no exception. And I’ve actually designed the titular ship. The ship itself is an Akashi-class repair and support vessel. It has a front-mounted bridge, with windows like an airliner’s. It has a wide middle and tapers most toward the front and a…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@valtmy Oh, wow. That sound neat!
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@valtmy That is great! Can you remind me what your WIP is about?
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 4 months ago
Nice! Interesting art style… Not sure it fits how I envisage the characters, but you did a great job! ^_^ Thank you. 🙂
Echo looks pretty nice somewhat shabby, and yeah, sorry for not specifying an age. She’s a mid-teen.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@valtmy Hi! What are you working on?
- Load More
