@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Sink replied to the topic The Omniscient POV in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@jenwriter
Oh! I write in omnipresent POV all the time. It’s really fun because I can see all the character’s thoughts and actions, and not just the MC’s.
First thing I would do is decide–why do you want to write it in Omni POV? What genre of book is it? Some genres work better with Omni POV than others. Like mystery, for example. Most mystery…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@sarah-anson Hi! Â My Dad and I are on a trip, and as we went through Colorado yesterday, @alia and I met each other in real life!
-
Sink replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Whasup? Anything new(well… happening?) at KP lately? Catwing fall in a jar of peanut butter and get covered in chicken feathers? Skredder howl at the moon to much? (You are the one with the wolf avatar, aren’t you Skredder? If not… )
I see out dear Rochellaine finally succumbed to her evil author nature and…[Read more]
-
Sink replied to the topic Betas Wanted: QOD in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 3 months ago
Hello, dear old KP friends! I’ve missed you. Even though most of you are probably over at ST as well. Still. All our writing jokes and our beautiful anthem….
Anyhow, I’d love to read some. My Google account is under Sarah Irene, btw. Just so you don’t see some random person requesting access and have no idea who said random person is. XD
-
Sink replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Anyone around? I just migrated from ST where no one is around really… so what’s up at KP? The deserted halls of this mountain fortress really must be brought back to life one day. I miss KP. And the KP anthem. And all the great inside jokes… *tears*
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@ariel-ashira sorry I kinda disappeared, but I’m gonna have to go now 🙁
Enjoy your trip!
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@jenwriter17 Actually I am still on the trip with my Dad, using a tablet and not working on any WIP. Â Our meeting went well. Â It was so amazing to meet Alia, even if we were pressed for time!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@ariel-ashira Yay! 😀 What are you working on? How did your meeting with Alia go?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@jenwriter17 I will be here a while!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
*gasps and faints*
*revives*
You? Rochellaine, our Rochellaine, killed a character?! Yes, I am very surprised. 😉
@alia @ariel-ashira @kaya-young @skredder @daughteroftheking @catwing @seekjustice Anyone on? I think I’ll be doing editing/school stuffs for a bit.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@rochellaine I can’t act like it never happened, but personally you have just as much standing as you did before in my mind.
i knew you were joking this time. 😉
Poor you and @seekjustice ! Â I’m afraid I understand the asthma/coughing/allergies thing way to well!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Here’s my guilty secret that I have yet to reveal to you all…sabres do not come from Babylon so far as I know….and….worst of all. I do not have one. I do have the origami crane army, so you don’t need to worry about that.
Farewell until the wee hours of the morning!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice Haha, like I told you before, I’m quite timid of meeting you in real life. 😮 You really have a sabre from Babylon, right?
Ariel, if you’re reading this, please realize I’m joking. I’m not afraid of SeekJustice at all, and we’re just having fun. There, does that help?
SeekJustice, I’m going to depart now for a while. I’ll pro…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
That would explain why I detest her so much though. Not enough death.
Sometimes I wonder if my brain was wired the wrong way.
Yeah, its pretty horrible. I have a preventer but its pretty nasty in winter, particularly because we don’t have much in the way of heating in our house. It means we’re always breathing frozen air.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, thank you. 😛 Yes, the first author that came to the top of my head was Jane Austen, but I know you detest her works, so that’s not a very good recommendation of an author who doesn’t kill characters, is it? 😀
I see. I have mild asthma too, and used to cough for months after getting a cold. I took a spoonful of raw honey ev…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@ariel-ashira Sorry, bad choice of words. Thanks for correcting me on that. It was meant to be a joke, of course, and mean something completely different than the way you read it, but I can see how it could be taken in a wrong way. Of course elderly people are just as important as younger people.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
No, you haven’t lost your reputation entirely, in fact, it seems like your character could be labelled “subplot” instead of character, so we’ll let it slide. Just pretend it never happened 🙂
(By the way, believe this or not, there are actually good authors in the world who don’t kill their characters. Like….well, er…you…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, yes. I see that was a useless argument. But you see, I’m desperate. I’m so ashamed of myself for killing a character that I can’t think straight enough to find any good arguments.
If only it had been a good death scene, with an important character who caused great mourning when he died, and who the readers would weep over – li…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@rochellaine *gapes* Alright, it’s okay. Â I’m glad you told us. Â But your young heroes will die one day to, so you shouldn’t talk about old people like they are of less value. Â (This was probably not your intended meaning, but it could come across that way.)
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Well, Jonas and Rain and Waif and that-other-guy-who’s-name-I-won’t-mention-because-Alia-might-be-reading-this all would have died too, eventually. This does not excuse you.
(Its sort of painful though, especially when its really cold and you already have a cough)
- Load More
