@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
My family and I were just discussing we have inhibiting societal rules like not eating pizza for breakfast and Mum said they probably had breakfast pizza in America, so I thought I’d asked.
A character based on the real Laura Ingalls would be really cool! And that’s a massive pet peeve of mine as well. Girls a…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Guess What???? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@jenwriter17 YAAAAAAAAY!
I’m excited for you!! I can’t wait to read your posts!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice I would be surprised if we didn’t have breakfast pizza. I don’t recall hearing of it before, though. The thing is, America is a blending of such diverse cultures that we have many different types and versions of foods for all the different meals and snacks. Sure, people will give you main foods that are popular among Ame…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Is it true that in America you guys have breakfast pizza??? If so, my whole view of American society has been changed for the better.
Oh yes, the average modern romance, even the Christian ones, tend to be….sketchy.
Its all right, I love listening to rants. Even though the rant wasn’t directed at me, and it was about a romance novel. 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Ah…no, I meant that I found the conversation hilarious. But then, I find almost every conversation we have here hilarious, so that’s nothing new. 😉
@alia I wouldn’t say they’re a full romance series. The first two books have absolutely no romance in them at all, since the series starts when she’s 14 and the series ends s…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
You find our flirting attempts hilarious???
Oh, I remember that 😀 It was the reason I added the second window scene 😛
True…still, I think it works. Maybe.
Yep, me too. And those memories tend to torment me forever. 🙂
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice, @valtmy, @rochellaine, it is 11 here so I’m gonna sign out now. Talk to y’all later.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@valtmy, yeah, my characters are never going to flirt. Probably the main reason is that I am going to try and not write in romance *glares at two characters in book 2 of a series I have just started*.
@seekjustice, I’m pretty sure the same thing happens to me, however I can’t write about it because I’m not informed until later where the…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice @alia Oh, this is hilarious. 😛
By the way, my go-to for flirting examples is always the Patty Fairfield series by Carolyn Wells. Wells writes flirtation so well!! Should I post an example for you? (by the way, I’ve never written flirting, so my plans for writing it are all theoretical. 😉 )
I just got distracted reading all our o…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
My predicament exactly. Except that I don’t have a lot of guy friends, so the guys I talk to tend to be casual acquaintances from youth group or friends of friends, which makes it even more awkward. when I talk to people I tend to tease them a lot, which is fine for girl friends, but as soon as its a guy then apparently you’re flirting with…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Betas wanted! Apply here! I beg of you! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 2 months ago
@jenwriter17, Thank you for tagging others. I think I opened it up so that people can comment on the actual doc. Even if you can’t read the whole thing I’ll be happy with anything I can get
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Betas wanted! Apply here! I beg of you! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia I’d love to read this part of your book (are you wanting us to leave comments?), but sadly due to busy life and other beta jobs, I won’t be able to read the whole thing. 🙁
tagging some more people for you @kaya-young @skredder @dekreel @dragon-snapper @ariel-ashira @catwing @daughteroftheking @kate-flournoy
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice, right? most of my friends are guys, and according to my two gal friends most of the time I talk to a guy is considered flirting by society, but for the life of me I can’t see where the friendly conversation ends and the flirtation begins.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I know right? on the rare occasions I do talk to a young man of a similar age to myself, I’ll say something and then internally go “Oh wait, was that flirting?? If so, I should probably stop because I’m terrible at it and this is super awkward…”
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice, good job Zac!
honestly, sometimes being a writer is hard because in order for us to write something like flirting well, we actually have to go and do it ourselves, which just ends up being awkward
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice, well Zac still flirted better than I can. Which isn’t saying much because A. I don’t flirt, and B. I’m sure I would be terrible at it. But hey! At least Zac is better than someone
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Don’t blame Zac. It’s just that I’m really bad at flirting.
And yes, it would have been really interesting (except my sister. of course, lives in the same house as me, so I wouldn’t dare). Also, one of the cons I had written down for the point of killing Zac was: “He wouldn’t get to be with Neva”. ?????? Why would Zac want to be w…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine, yeah, I guess that is part of it. Probably the main reason I don’t ship them because it wasn’t til near the end of book two that I got the impression that Justice made the faith his own and not simply thinking believing in God was all that mattered.
Ooh, and I agree with what you said to @valtmy about the whole leader thing.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia During the first book I got pretty annoyed with Chessy for falling for an unbeliever. That situation was resolved in the second book, and because I began to feel more sorry for Justice, (and because of the window scenes,) I didn’t mind them getting together. I really thought she was going to go for Zac more, though. I would have… 😛 We…[Read more]
- Load More
