@dragon-snapper
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3515
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice It’s “Gee Officer Krupke” from West Side Story. West Side Story is a Romeo and Juliet retelling set among the New York street gangs during the 60s. So the boys in the song have New York accents, like the Newsies, and the song is complaining about the adult authority figures, like Newsies. It’s a bit different though. Hope you lik…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
What’s it called? I’ll be going into town today, so I’ll probably be able to get some time at the library. 😀 And because of that, I’ll probably be going very soon.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Oh my goodness! I was just watching a song clip (that we’ve seen before) with my sister and laughing over it with her, but it really reminded me of Newsies! Since you love Newsies so much, I think there’s a chance you might like it. 😉 Are you able to watch YouTube today?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic So Long, Farewell (sort of) in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
*sighs*
So many good friends leaving.
*unsheaths Babylonian sabre* As Queen of this Realm, I knight you a knight of the Realm.
Once a Knight of The Kingdom of Pen, always a Knight of the Kingdom of Pen*
*Whacks you with sabre* *Very gently, of course*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine Welcome! *bows*
@valtmy For me, I tend to concentrate on plot and characters in the first draft and who cares whether the words make any sense or not (as I’ve been reading through my draft I sometimes stop and stare at the ridiculous things I’ve written 😛 ). In the second draft, I embellish the plot and make sure the characters are…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice @valtmy I have returned! 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Still slaving away at my editing. I’m getting closer to the end but I had to kill Rain again and that was upsetting 😢
I sympathise. I’ve felt like that all week. I’ve not done well at all.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I arrive!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Ok, tag me. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
I’ll be on soon 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia Didn’t see this until now. I’ll be praying for you!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia so sorry to hear that! I wish I could hug you right now. <3 I promise i’ll be praying for you!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia Well, I got 346 words, but I’m afraid I’ll have to delete a lot of them. I was definitely not on a roll, and am very unhappy with what I wrote. 🙁
Oh well, see you later!
@seekjustice @valtmy Are either of you ready to be on yet?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia Well you see, I am able to morph into many forms. A steampunk horse, a cute blue car, whatever pleases me. So don’t be surprised if my profile pic changes frequently. 😛
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine, I got 287, not my best.
I’ve got to be signing off, and unless you got distracted there is no way that I beat you
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine, alrighty
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia Sorry, my email isn’t working so I’m not getting quick updates. Fifteen minutes it is!
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine, H is quite a character.
How about 15 minutes?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@alia Haha, I was about to say I didn’t say she was annoying. 😛 I just said sisters could be distracting, but distracting can be a good thing. 😉
Sure. How long?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@rochellaine, I just to want clear the air and say that I didn’t say she was being annoying. But yeah, I’m back.
Have time to word war?
- Load More
