@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy Thanks for commenting! You make some very good points.
Giving Chara a bad experience at home so that she flees to her aunt and uncle’s house to mature and then go back to face the problems at home is a reasonable idea, and I’ve read several books with that premise. My problem with it is if something like that happened to me, I don’t t…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@gh24682468999 No idea. 🙂 Good quote, though.
@ingridrd Oh, I LOVE the Julie Wright quote! Most people think this is weird, but my form of optimism is often not “Things could be worse,” but “Now that I’ve experienced this horrible thing, I can write about it more correctly.” 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Magic System Idea and Time Loops in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy I think time loops are really cool, though they do kind of give me a headache. 🙂 I don’t really have anything to add, but I’m wondering where you got the idea?
There’s a hilarious episode of Stargate SG-1 that deals with time loops and their quirks called Window of Opportunity. If you’re writing about time loops you might enjoy it, and…[Read more]
-
PrincessFoo replied to the topic Magic System Idea and Time Loops in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy I love magic systems! I don’t know if this would be helpful to you at this point, but I published an article on creating a magic system a while back on Kingdom Pen.
#1. I think it would be better for everyone to have a different elemental type, but I can see your problem of coming up of reasons why. Maybe, to mix it up a bit, everyone…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine @everyone
“What doesn’t kill us gives us something new to write about.” ~Julie Wright
“A writer is by nature a dreamer—a conscious dreamer.” ~Carson McCullers
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04Â Personally I like girls eyes better because boys eyes tend to be angular. I’m more used to drawing girls in general X’D
@catwing That’s good! I like the eyes 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I finally came up with something. 🙂
I think science fiction worldbuilding shouldn’t be as complicated as a lot of us try to make it. When writing science fiction, wouldn’t it be simpler to pick one specific scientific interest which is the basis for your story, and then have the rest of the story be more normal? That would…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What Do You Think Of? in the forum Historical 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d I second all the comments above! 🙂
Something I think is interesting about Medieval times is that back then very few people knew how to read, and so almost all news was carried from castle to castle by minstrels who would make up songs about the famous deeds done, and would learn songs from other minstrels to carry the news of those…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Are we supposed to answer the questions as Christian readers, or as readers in general?
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Good night no one.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@epicaddie2 bye!
-
Catwing replied to the topic What Do You Think Of? in the forum Historical 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d
Castles. Knights. Towers. Dragons. Princesses. Towers. Renaissance festival. The Honor code. Robin Hood. Jousting. Daring quests. King Arthur and the Round table. Swords. Special swords. Forests. Woodland creatures. Fairy tales. -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Isn’t it, though? I have a tendency to become melodramatic, but I think this really sums up how to write good drama. I know I usually cry more when I watch/read about someone trying not to cry than when they’re sobbing their heart out.
I like your quote, by the way. 🙂
@skredder That’s a great quote! It sounds like a good way to…[Read more]
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@catwing I’ve gotta go. Dinner’s almost ready.
Bye!
-
Hannah replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@epicaddie2 bye
@catwing bye thank you so much!
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@salome01w4g Bye! Praying for you.
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@catwing I’m gonna publish it under my pen name so the people at the ranch can read it 😉
@salome01w4g Bye!!!
-
Hannah replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Well I must depart.😢 but hopefully once we finally move… Whenever that happens I’ll be back in the ranks! Happy writing ladies! 😊💓
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@epicaddie2 Cool.
@salome01w4gMy book has changed a lot. Originally it was from four of the native girls and the two missionary parents POVs. Now I deciding to have it less POVs ( *cough* ) one of the natives (Thapis) and one of the kids (Vanessa). But, then I was thinking that’s weird cause it’s just one boy and one girl. And just saying that…[Read more]
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@catwing I’m working on this really weird short story featuring the people who live on the ranch that I live at.
- Load More
