@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Anyone here doing YWW? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper I will!!!
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Anyone here doing YWW? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose I hope so! I’M REALLY EXCITED!!!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Anyone here doing YWW? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@epicaddie2 As much as I would love to join… I’m currently trying to save my coins for other writerly things. (laptops and conferences and retreats) So…I’m going to stick with KP. BUT HAVE A GREAT TIME YONDER!
-
EpicAddie2 started the topic Anyone here doing YWW? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
So, I just signed up for The Young Writer’s Workshop by Brett Harris and Jaquelle Crowe, and I’m SUPER excited.
Is anyone else doing it?
@catwing @dragonsnapper @daughteroftheking @dekreel @anne-of-lothlorien
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Making Up Words in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@princessfoo Thanks for tagging me. I’m really sorry, but I don’t feel comfortable getting that involved with magic.
The way I usually make up words, though, is to take two words and mash them together, mixing up a few letters and leaving out some others. I make several combinations until I am happy with the results.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fighting The Block in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@audrey-caylin @daeus
So… how long do these breaks usually last??@jenwriter17 I got that reference. 😉
-
Snapper replied to the topic Reader Base in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@audrey-caylin Certainly would be nice. XD Laws.
-
PrincessFoo started the topic Making Up Words in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
So, I’ve made a magic system, but I need names for different parts of it. I’m not satisfied with any of the names I’ve come up with, so I thought I’d ask y’all for help 😉 since I know some of you are good at making up names for characters. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it.
So there are three kinds of magic overall, and they all…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Audiobooks (and all the jazz) in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@christi-eaton Jim Weiss does some very enjoyable versions of G. A. Henty’s books. However, he does edit them to ensure they can be heard by children, which some might think is a good thing, and others a bad thing. 🙂 (I usually prefer the unabridged versions.)
I don’t listen to audiobooks much, but when I do I go to librivox.org for free…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic New Password in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 lol, that thought did cross my mind, but I checked everywhere. ???????
-
Alia replied to the topic Before the Sunrise – Missionary Kid Realistic Fiction in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@gh24682468999, do you still need people to read this? I’m an MK going through this
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel I don’t know that one, but I think I do know the one Louise Fowler posted over a month ago which no one answered…
@perfectfifths, is it Fezzik from The Princess Bride when he and Inigo are trying to find the “Man in Black?”
Anyone know this one? (We can do books, too, right?)
“He calls me a crow, because my hair is black…”
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Dilemma! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d I’ve actually had the same problem before. I get really attached to my babies….
Anyway, is she not able to save any parts of the story at all? Maybe brainstorm some more to make it where she’ll like it? If not, then I think putting them in another story should be okay, though I think it should probably be in the same genre as they were…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I love all of your quotes!❤👍
@mariposa I like Charles Spurgeon too. Have you read his morning and evening devotional book?
-
Jenna Terese started the topic New Password in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
I don’t think this is the right place to ask this question, because it’s really for KP staff (maybe I should’ve sent an email?), but here goes anyway.
I was trying to access KP from my tablet, but unlike my laptop, it doesn’t remember my log in info because I never had it do that before. I had my password written on a piece of paper and I typed…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Infant and Child Characters in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy Wow, Rochellaine covered it pretty well, lol.
Some babies might be deep sleepers, but they frequently wake up in the middle of the night and cry for attention (I have two younger siblings), so I don’t know if saying the baby was a deep sleeper is enough (it’s also been a while since my siblings were babies). I like the idea of a false…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@supermonkey42 @perfectfifths @whoever
Bonus points and my undying respect to those of you who can guess these:
Two characters on the telephone:
Character 1: “I’ll be there in an AAAAAAAAAA…!”
Character 2: “In an ‘hour?’ I can’t wait an hour!”
Second quote:
“Dynamic deduction!”
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@catwing This will sound like a totally ridiculous question unless you are the person I’m thinking of…
Something you said here about a book you are writing made me want to ask: When you were about twelve years old did you write a book about a detective animal – I think a rabbit?
And illustrate it yourself?
Have you ever been to the HEAV…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa Ohh, no…… X’D
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Dilemma! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d Tell me about the characters! I love hearing about them. What kind of world do they live in? What are their personalities like? How old are they? That way I can give you a story idea based on the characters and the world they live in 🙂
- Load More
