@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Haha! You should totally write author-character conversations and post/publish them along with your books.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I put a link to the Wikipedia article in my previous post. Redshirts on Star Trek became so famous that they became a trope. To be a redshirt means that you are brought onto the show for the sole purpose of dying. 🙂 Basically. Read the article Here.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Lol!:)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Hahaha! 😀 But sometimes I don’t like it, because I have such a fearful imagination that if the character gets hurt, if I am paying enough attention to the story that part of my body will actually start to hurt. I have several times had to stop reading to rub my “stubbed” toe or pinch the bridge of my nose to cure my “headache”.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young Is that from a show? Andy Griffith show maybe?
@rochellaine Okay, here goes….
“There’s only one God, ma’am. And I don’t think he dresses like that.” Or something like that.
tagging more people who might wanna play @Jane-maree @mariposa @aratrea @daeus
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 *hands you a handkerchief* Thank you! I feel so sorry for @seekjustice‘s characters. I believe to be a character in Seekjustice’s book promises about as sure a death as to be a RedShirt on Star Trek, TOS. 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Oh my goodness I literally did that just yesterday when I was reading A Time to Die, by Nadine Brandes. When the MC sighed, I sighed. When she grinned, I grinned. I hope no one was watching me, lol.
Lol, I didn’t do that very much, but once in a while when I had a super good book.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy Those are great suggestions! I really like the thought that some people might get irritated with her needing them to be with her all the time.
Her aunt and uncle actually don’t live on a ranch. They live in a house in the middle of the city. (Las Vegas). They are medium strong Christians, and very laid-back. They either don’t have chi…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago



-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago

@dekreel @warrenluther04 @perfectfifths @sage-g @mariposa @dragon-snapper
ah, finally getting my drawings posted y’all! So sorry for the delay.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi everyone! I have a children’s picture book I’m planning to publish around the end of this month or the beginning of next month. (I am currently working with an illustrator.) But though the story is complete, I didn’t pick a name for the protagonist, and I think it would be a smoother read if he had a name.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 You know you’re a bookworm when you get so engrossed in a book that when a character shrugs, you shrug, and when a character bangs his head, you get a headache.
You know you’re a bookworm if when you were twelve if you were reading your mom had to physically shake you before you could hear her talking. (I trained myself out of that…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa I’ll have to check those out. Spurgeon’s morning and evening devotional is so good; my whole family’s been reading it for years and we still get things out of it.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yes, or a book. My quote is from a popular girls book written about a Canadian island circa 1900…Does that give anyone clues?
@kaya-young That sounds like it came from a movie – but then, I really only watch classic movies, so how would I know? 😀 Is it from Disney?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston Welcome! Brett Harris’ young writers community seems like an awesome place!
What are your favorite genres to read? Favorite books? Hobbies?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I’m so glad you liked it!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston Hi! Welcome! You write realistic fiction?!! That’s wonderful! So do I, almost exclusively, but I’ve rarely met anyone else who does. Fantasy seems to be in style. 🙂
Do you write historical or contemporary? I do a little of both, but mostly contemporary.
-
Jenna Terese started the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Since there’s a topic ‘you know you’re a writer when….’ I thought it’d be cool to do one for bookworms. ‘Cause we all know most if not all writers are bookworms. So let’s get this rolling!
You know you’re a bookworm when you feel each emotion of the main character.
you know you’re a bookworm when limited shelf space makes you…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston, Welcome! Love Tolkien and Lewis. I’m getting ready to read the Abolition of Man as soon as it comes into the library
- Load More
