@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths Yes! Apparently calling someone a crow is not nearly as bad as calling someone “carrots”. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd I would hand you virtual blueberries but according to my story, those aren’t satisfying. 😀
@seekjustice A robber who steals parts of walls? That is hilarious! It reminds me of Gilbert and Sullivan’s Pirates of Penzance who have strict rules about what kind of ships they are allowed to attack honorably. 🙂 Wikipedia article he…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Chasm Beasts in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Yes, I like the way it’s spelled. It’s looks like it would be pronounced sort of like “skadoosh” from Kung Fu Panda though XD
-
Joy replied to the topic Making Up Words in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@princessfoo It does! Let’s see… Names of trinkets…
Whenever my brain is working, I’ll hopefully come back with some more names 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Is that the scene where the marriage is interrupted by his wife, and Jane decides to leave?
-
Joy replied to the topic Chasm Beasts in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@alia Ahh, uhh, well… Yes. I am positive. It sure looks like a Dekreel, but it’s not 😉
Actually it’s important to note that I was actually named Dekreel after a historian who had also survived being a Chasm Beast. Legend has it that he looked like a bipedal wolf with a cat’s tail……. So that drawing is what he would have looked like. And…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal Ooh, that puts kind of a big responsibility on us, doesn’t it?
(I actually meant anyone, whether famous or not, so it’s all good. 🙂 )
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine *searches refrigerator frantically for blueberries*
The link worked and I’m so glad because this story was GREAT. 😂
*keeps looking for blueberries*
We don’t have any…….
-
Joy replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec *whispers back* Everybody says “bestistest!”
“Bestest place in Cyberspace” is my trademark welcome greeting. I’m not saying “bestistest place on the internet” isn’t awesome though, because it is. Billions of times more awesome than my greeting.
But it doesn’t rhyme! XD Thus, I brainstormed the rhyme: “Bestest place in Cyberspace” ;…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Okay, for some reason I cannot open the link…hmmm.
BUT. Of the names that other people mentioned, I like Caleb, Oliver, and Ben (although maybe Benny would work too…?). Anyway, hopefully I can actually read the story sometime. *kicks computer*
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston *waves* Hiya! I love your name and you sound like an awesome person. 🙂
-
Alia replied to the topic Chasm Beasts in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel, Are you postitive it cant be Dekreel? I think it would fit that one perfectly…
in all seriousness, I have no time now, but be prepared to have a long list of names when I return.
-
Joy replied to the topic Chasm Beasts in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice AHHH, these names! I love them! Every single one of them!
Ahh, that’s okay. Well now you know!
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Hm. For me the more I plan, the more unconfident I am. The more I’m like (Why am I doing this?!) I suppose planning isn’t my thing. Even though I tend to do it ALL THE TIME!
The KPA is going great! For once! I’m still a little unconfident, but I have found the secret to this:

*writing LOL
Anyway, I’m signing off now. I was…[Read more]
-
Joy started the topic Chasm Beasts in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
Greetings!! *tips hat*
So as you know, I am writing a Dr Who fan novella (I think I’ve started one too many topics exactly like this XD). Its setting is in the country of Taranar, which contains the Red Chasms, which homes hundreds of Chasm Beasts like myself. But unlike myself, these Beasts are evil, even bloodthirsty. (total and constant…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths Thanks! Chibis are a lot of fun.
Questions though: that first one is supposed to be a guy (teen). It was actually my first attempt at drawing a guy. Do you think it looks like a guy?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Completely relatable. I get so busy planning that I never get to write the stupid thing! This KPA has been an exception, though, which I am SO thankful for
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I love that!! Let’s see…
I like Wilbur, Mick, Nick, Dilbert, Gilbert, Ollie, Oliver, Lester… or anything that everyone else suggested 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Haha, that works XD
Hi! So um… *tries to think up some witty and conversation-sparking question…*
Have you started writing your ToTC retelling?
- Load More
