@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
Thank you, @warrioroftherealm! That’s really helpful!
(Confession: I am “fascinated with swords” [see signature] but am actually rather a noob at swordfighting.)
-
Joy replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Wow. Guys, I am literally tearing up X’)
God doesn’t make mistakes.
So true. It’s easy to take for granted how we’re all masterpieces. Thank you for the reminder!
As I was reading your reply, I started praying “Thy will be done.” I shouldn’t expect myself to be something. Who says God will make everything “r…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Hey. Look. I’m not going to say you’re an amazing writer, but I am going to say that if you like writing and if it’s something you enjoy then it’s a gift. It’s a gift from God.
He’s blessed you with that gift and you don’t have to be a higher standard, a better writer, as good as ‘so-and-so’, because He’s given you the gift in exactly…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Joy started the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Heya, Kapeefers. Early warning: this is kind of a deep post
I need some help… Lately I have been seriously self-doubting myself and my ability to write, and comparing myself to other writers.
I write because I love story-telling, not because I want to be published (although that would be kinda cool). I just want to write stories. And I don’t…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
Oh whoops I didn’t see that @dekreel was already going to…*shrugs*Â Can I draw her anyway?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong *facedesk*
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-millisong I will do her!
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong YES I WANT TO DRAW EMBER! WOOHOO!
Ahem, sorry. *sheepish grin* I’d like to give it a shot 😀
Ohh, unless you want Ari to do it…
-
Joy replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Ahhh, Oops, my bad X’D
Well, it’s still a good idea XD
@supermonkey42 I’m impressed by you going through all of the archives! Do you read every single post?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@sage-g *gasps* You are really talented. She looks great!!!!! 🙂 And thank you.
-
Joy replied to the topic Review my (old) story's prologue in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 7 months ago
@valtmy Sure! Mind putting it in record/suggest/comment mode for us? 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
Hello! I’m back to this wonderful pointy topic!
I finally got swords in my novel! Well….they’re practice blunts, but I got to write the word “sword” so I’m pretty happy.
But I don’t know how to teach someone to use it. Has anyone ever written a scene where your MC is taught to use a sword? Because I am rather clueless.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus this sounds fun! I would like to do this…but I’d probably just end up fainting and being incoherent about the awesomeness instead of actually analyzing. I do that sometimes. 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@supermonkey42 Bye! Thanks for joining me!
Anyone else still here?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@supermonkey42 Changing from third person to first person in the middle of a story is not the same as changing the name of one of your characters. That means MAJOR editing work! 😀 You’ve seriously done that?
I have written from several secondary male characters POVs, but never had one as the main character yet. I’m going to have to learn how…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@supermonkey I guess you could call it semi-dystopian? Or just simply futuristic?
First person or third person? Is your protagonist a boy or a girl? 😀 I like asking questions.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 I hope so! 🙂 But I’m never sure.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine aw, I can’t join you this time! will you be on Monday?
- Load More


