@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Well, of course I get ideas and plan in my head for my books, but I’ve never really written more than a paragraph-long synopsis of my plans before starting to write. And plans often change during the process of writing.
It worked really well for my kids series, but I think my time travel novel could have used a little more…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Exactly! It’s so annoying. *headdesk*
Woah. You’ve never planned. I applaud your panster-isms. 😛 I also want to try that again someday. But every time I do, the book fails… so. I don’t know. XD
Fun fact: Snapper doesn’t have a phone. 😛 The one I do have is a little retro flip-phone which takes five minutes to type out a small…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper And even though it’s really boring to write, you can’t let the readers know you’re bored! 😀
I’ve preferred typing to handwriting for a long time, but I also never have planned out or outlined any of my works before, and am just deciding that I need to do at least a little bit of that to make my western turn out well. So while I…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Too Much?? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I think @catwing did something similar with her WIP, Firebird, so she might like to talk about it. 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Oh goodness, I relate to those bridge sections. It’s basically that way whenever I start a novel too. The first ten chapters are killer. XD I can’t stand those types of scenes.
Wow! Law school! That’s so cool! 😀 Lol Typing fast does feel awesome. 😛
I prefer typing it on the computer. I started writing my first novel from a…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper When I get to a place in my writing where I’m on the roll and can write several pages in a row I write very fast, but when I get to a “bridge” place in between interesting sections I sometimes will pout and leave the work entirely alone for a really long time. Which practice is not at all conducive to completion of my stories!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Yeah! We should do it sometime. Word wars are great and do really improve writing speed. And I’ve been working on building my writing speed for two years now so… 😛 Anyway, yeah, sometimes I’m not editing and your not working on the ministry website. That’s great that you’re helping with that though! 😀 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Actually, that’s a great idea since I have a huge problem with buckling down and focusing on one project. 😮 🙂
If I wasn’t working on the ministry website I would definitely take you up on that, though I would probably lose. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine XD Word wars. I know you wouldn’t necessarily be able to do that now since you’re multitasking, but by trying to top each others word counts, there’s not necessarily room for too much talking. 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper And I guess it’s my place to ask: What way is that, exactly? 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine LOL! Oops, sorry. XD That makes more sense now. Yep. Basically. Hey I’m on the Writers Corner. You want to chat to?
There is one way to remedy our chatting though…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Oh, that’s not what I meant. 😀 It’s just a joking excuse that we use when we get too distracted. We always come on here with the intent and purpose of writing, but when we get distracted we’ve got to have a reasonable excuse. 🙂
Because like you said, getting distracted here is way too easy!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Ooh, multitasking. Cool. *nods*
Hey! That is a cool idea! However, because some people–oldies such as myself–still need a place to go to write, we could keep the Writers’ Corner for those writers who are writing, editing, brainstorming or whatnot, and whilst we do that we can do what we always do. Then for when we’re not writing…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper I’m just getting started updating my parents’ ministry website, and in between that (because I like working on multiple things at the same time) I’m working on my western.
We definitely get distracting here! But I’ve come up with a solution to that question, which I shared with a couple of others and they liked it: This is…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Hi!
Daeus used to come on the writers’ corners quite often. Actually, I think they were originally his idea. I was around when the first one came into existence. Every now and then, Daeus will pop on here. …
Of course, we tend to be very distracting on here too. XD
And yep, sci-fi novel. Today thought, I’m editing the first…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Hi! I’m here.
This may sound funny, but I’m wondering why you tagged Daeus? I’ve never seen him on Writers’ Corner. 🙂 (To be fair, I’ve not been on KP for all that long, though.)
Are you working on your sci-fi novel again?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine @alia @dekreel @daeus Anyone on?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Okay, let’s see… 😀
I completely understand about trauma issues with adopted kids, obviously, since we’ve adopted so many. My parents run a ministry counseling adoptive parents, and have written over 40 books on parenting and adoption, so what I’m saying is mostly what I’ve heard them repeat over and over. (I hope I get it right! :)…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, I don’t completely disagree with you on what you said about birth parents, but I do want to clarify something. When I read what you said I took it as you saying that once a kid is adopted it becomes as though they were never part of the other family, and they should be completely closed off from them.
I think that the kid will…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ingridrd, oh look, our MC has a name and gender.
I imagined him as a guy, except for when I read it aloud. but that’s probably because I heard my voice
- Load More
