@audrey-caylin
Active 8 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 323
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
eesh. I only recently learned what a character arc was, and I’m still trying to figure out how to write one. @epicaddie2 But what @dragon-snapper said is right. We’re people, constantly learning what’s right and wrong, just like our characters. If you strive to portray that accurately, then I’m not sure you can restrict an arc to any length.…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 Not from what I know of. If you’re worried that the character arc isn’t going to fit in your book, then I’d shorten it, but the characters is what carries your story. The character arc should not be immediate or too small. Character arcs can last for a few books maybe too, if its a major life aspect.
But if you think about, our lives…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic A Prison Problem… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Alright @aratrea thanks for replying! I’ll see what I can do…
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic A Prison Problem… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
In regards to the Warden’s specific character, I think I agree with you. I guess my problem is with the theme…the way I want the characters to act regarding the Warden heavily relies on what they believe about choosing mercy over revenge, or the reverse–revenge over mercy. I’m not sure how to convey that with regards to the Warden’s character,…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 Welcome!
@that_writer_Girl_99 Motion Picture class? That sounds like so much fun! I’ve looked into scriptwriting before, and yeah, the format is odd. I find Times Roman much more friendly. 😛 -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
I’m working on a thing for my Motion Picture writing class. So…schoolwork, but still fun. @dragon-snapper
Although, can I tell you a secret? My least favorite part of writing the script is adhering to the script format. It’s strange and feels constricting.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hello, Kingdom Writers! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
Okay, wait a minute, what? @shannon I heard something about a youtube channel. You have a youtube channel and you sing?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@salome01w4g @daeus @that_writer_Girl_99 @catwing @epicaddie2 I’m writing now, and might do some editing later, but whoever wants to join me…
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Smooth/Effective Dialogue in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
I’m definitely not the best person to help out on this, because I struggle with it too, but something that I’ve picked up while being on KP is the concept of “show not tell”, something that helps to infuse dialogue with physical actions, emotions, or facial expressions.
Think about your characters. When they’re angry, do they clench their fists?…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth started the topic A Prison Problem… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Hello everyone!
So here’s the deal: some of you may know that I’m working on a novel called Prison–the concept of which is rather long and complicated and isn’t entirely relevant to this thread. Some of you may also know that this particular WIP has been put on the backburner for a bit, at least until my college classes release me long enough to…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@catwing yay!!we get to edit plot holes together!! I’m afraid I need to go now as my siblings are calling, but I got a whole handwritten page which I’m happy with.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@catwing how’s your writing going?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@catwing @salome01w4g I’m back and will be here for half an hour. Are you working on the revolution story (i don’t know what else to call it :D)? How’s that going?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Of Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Here’s the deal—-I don’t worry about this much. That being said, here’s what I do sometimes, just to make things interesting.
Take the name Kiara. It’s got a bunch of different variations…Kiera, Kyra, Kira… sometimes, playing with the spelling is super fun.
That’s what I do, at least.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@salome01w4g @catwing Welp, I’m signing out now. I wrote 1030!
And thank you so much for the popcorn and ice cream! He helped me get past the really really really really really dry chapter/scene! 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@salome01w4g @catwing @dragon-snapper i must shower but i will be with you soon!
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hello, Kingdom Writers! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
*nods* *googles which state looks like a mitten* Oh! Michigan? Brrr… @livylynn
I love Cinderella Castle. So, so much! Magic Kingsom is my favorite park.
And oh~ I’m an INFP too! Although sometimes I’m an INTP…
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@salome01w4g Popcorn!! Popcorn and swords! Give me!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@salome01w4g Swords!!!
Man, I kinda miss those.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@catwing Hiya!
I will take the ice cream!
- Load More
