@audrey-caylin
Active 8 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 323
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@Dragon-Snapper really cool!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@emily Yeah, he’s the only actor so far that looks like Ike. XD
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@Salome01w4g @corissa-maiden-of-praise @graciegirl @hope @kate-flournoy @emily @shannon @winter-rose @catwing @daeus
So up to now my book has remained a pretty big mystery. I haven’t really said anything as to names or plot or stuff. But here’s a collage for one of my MCs, Ike, in my WIP: SECTOR ONE: INSURRECTION.

*sits back, not tense and not…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Prison Problem… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@that_writer_Girl_99 Wow…I’m sure what everyone else has said is good meats. Listen to them. Though I am curious as to what you will do in the end. Let me know, por favor.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Smooth/Effective Dialogue in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@gh24682468999 Woah…nice long tag. 😛
Well…I’m not quite sure how to help you here–dialogue has usually been natural for me. I learned mostly by observation in reading. Some books have some really good dialogue, and somehow, when I was ten, managed to soak that up.
So I guess what I’m saying here is that definitely observing what other…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic A Prison Problem… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 They gave you good answers. O.O
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Of Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Dragon-Snapper I LOVE NAMES. I NAME EVERYTHING.
*coughs*
With that crucial bit of random information out of the way, I’d tend to agree with you. The best fantasy names are those that don’t look so absolutely foreign they’re impossible to relate to. The name should describe your character, not overshadow him. Personally I love old Norse, Saxon,…[Read more] -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
salome01w4g bye!!! hope the packing goes well!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@salome01w4g toddlers can lead you on quite a chase, can’t they?
I’m editing my novel at the moment. -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@salome01w4g I was just coming here to see if anyone was writing! Aw, sorry about your headache! I haven’t had to move in a long time, but I’ve done a bit of it in my time and I remember it being a pain (though for an eight year old, moving from a town to the country was super exciting!)
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Hello, Kingdom Writers! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@livylynn infps are great!! I believe there are quite a lot around here! I do have a WIP, currently a novel called Black and White, which I’m editing at the moment. I’m also working on planning a novel which I’m going to write in Novemeber, which is dystopian. I’ve never written a dystopian before, so that will be interesting. 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Of Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Dragon-snapper, I honestly don’t think the names matter too much. it’s the character that makes the name memorable, not vice versa. For example, the names Harry and Percy are now instantly recognisable as fantasy names, because of Harry Potter and Percy Jackson, but there are probably heaps of average, ordinary men (maybe even women) named Harry…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic A Prison Problem… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@That_writer_girl_99 The Warden reminds me of Javert from Les Miserables. Javert is just doing his duty and he isn’t really a bad person. He just refuses to see that people can change and always chooses Justice over Mercy. he can’t accept or give mercy to anyone.
In the end, Valjean has the chance to take revenge on Javert and doesn’t, choosing to…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Prison Problem… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@Daeus eeeeeh… no pressure. 😛
@That_writer_Girl_99 good question though. I think… it seems to me that you’re asking not just about the Warden, but about the moral balance of justice and mercy. How do you show the necessity of justice (bad actions have painful consequences) while balancing it with understanding and forgiveness (we’re all…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Smooth/Effective Dialogue in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@gh24682468999 what they said. 😉
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic The Books of Leifer! (My trilogy needs help) in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
No worries. I’ve gotten several chapters into a story before realizing that I needed to change the perspective. If that’s what you think is best, than I say go for it!
-
Kina Lamb and
LivyLynn are now friends 9 years ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
This doesn’t have to do with being a writer, but the problems I have as a writer when I have a writer fail moment.
ME: What color hair does this character have?
SIBLING: I don’t know. Depending on the scene, it varies from black to blonde.XD I’ve never had a character who can change hair color from scene to scene.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 Byeeeeeeeeeee!! XD
- Load More
