-
Skredder replied to the topic Why do you write? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
When I first started writing it was because I had an idea of something that I wanted to read and no one had written it. So, it was kind of a selfish reason I first started writing.
Now though, after getting closer to the Lord, I just really want to write for him. I want to show other people what He is like, how wonderful He is!
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Question in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@hannah-c I’m not sure if that would bother me in an autobiography. In, say, fantasy, it usually does, but only for part of the book. Short chapters around the climax to make everything feel like its slowing down and giving each moment significance can be great toward the end. I think, in an autobiography, it wouldn’t bother me as long as they…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Aww! This was awesome! 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel This is really cute!
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Free verse Poem Advice/Critique in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@gh24682468999
I have pretty limited experience with poetry, and especially free verse. I just wanted to drop in and say how awesome that poem is- it’s kind of the exact thing I like, sort of a slightly dreamy, fantastical narrative with a strong emotional pull. -
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel 😀 😀 Awesome! I really like how this is a series with little pieces. XD The cake into Perfect Fiths… that was funny.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Poems and Songs by Ariella in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart 😀 Those are really epic
You definitely have a knack for nice lines. The Song of the High Elves is my favorite 😛
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Question in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@hannah-c Yep. If it was funny, and the narrator was entertaining, then I wouldn’t care if I didn’t know who they were. 😀
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ashlyvye Besides Brandon Sanderson, other fantasy and classics, mostly- Harry Potter, The Inheritance Cycle, Ashtown Burials by ND Wilson, Lord of the Rings, Narnia, The Prydain Chronicles, etc
I’ve also read a lot of older books for school, Like A Tale of Two Cities, Beowulf, Jane Eyre, etc.😀 Other than of course Sanderson, what about…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Hilarious.
😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Free verse Poem Advice/Critique in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@gh24682468999 Wow! It’s beautiful! I don’t really know how to critique free verse, because most of my poems have pretty standard structure and rhyme. 😀 But I’ve attempted free verse a couple of times, and when I showed my mom, (who said she didn’t know how to critique free verse either) what she told me was to make it flow better, and that ac…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Poems and Songs by Ariella in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart I love those!! I think I like the first one best 😀
… Oh, wow. I’m the only non-Aethasian you tagged *smirks in amusement*
-
Joy replied to the topic Question in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@hannah-c I would! I admire charm and humor in an autobiography 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Hi, I'm Ari! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart Have fun! XD
-
Joy replied to the topic Free verse Poem Advice/Critique in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@gh24682468999Â I love it! It’s pretty!
The only thing I would do is make it easier to understand. Because I’m not quite grasping the message 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart Accurate.
@dekreel Ok; not going to lie, that last pic of me kind of creeps me out…
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel *wild applause*
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ashlyvye XD no. Huh. Somehow my message dissapeared when I tried to post it
Yes! I have done that before. I know what you mean aout picking up parts of things from books, though. If its not something I would normally do at all, I wouldn’t pick it up. Wheras if its something I kind of already have, then I’ll get part of it from the book.
So I…[Read more]
- Load More
