-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04 Yay thanks for tagging me! *Grins* I now await the next installment. 😉
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Thanks! I like your way of wording that “how He has shaped you as a Christian”. I will use that. I don’t really have one specific moment when I gave my life to Him, it just has happened over time.
This is actually for a mission trip application! 🙂
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter Thank you for taking the time to answer! That was super helpful. Like you, I’ve grown up in a Christian home so it’s hard to follow the typical steps for writing out a testimony. I had no idea what to write, but what he means to me now sounds like a great place to start! Thanks again! 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young I know what you mean; I’ve grown up in a Christian household so I’ve always known Jesus too. There was one evening when I was 8 that I, I guess “officially” gave my life to Christ. I felt a difference inside of me then even though I’d already known Him.
Did you have a moment where you gave your life to Christ, even though you were…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young I grew up in a christian home with very christian parents and I don’t think I could look back to a time in my life from before I knew about God and his love for us. To me a testimony is like telling people your story.. And so my advice is to just be honest? If you can’t tell people about when you first met Jesus you can talk about what…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 8 years, 6 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Gotcha. Well hey, film-making is technically writing, too, right? XD
And as long as I’m here I shall lay out a bunch of my favorite movies…
- Inside Out
- Finding Dory
- Home (animated film)
- The Cat Returns
- Big Hero 6
- Zootopia
- Despicable Me
- LEGO Movie
- LEGO Batman Movie
- Peanuts Movie
- Rio, and the sequel
- Kung…
-
Kaya Young started the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
I need to write a short testimony, but here’s the thing: I have no clue what to write!
Most things say to write out your life before Christ, how you came to Christ, and your life after Christ. This is kinda a problem because (praise the Lord) I have always known Jesus. So how do I write a testimony?
I need to write it ASAP so any help, insights,…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04 this was great, a Warren!!! 😄 You’re gonna write more right???😊
-
Snapper replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ashlyvye Awesome! I love genres. I write science fiction. Right now, my WIP trilogy is a kind of dystopian world + some space but not very extended space – aliens (no aliens) + big government + cool technology.
So yeah. Whatever that is called. 😛
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ashlyvye Cool topic! I have like 4 different WIP/ideas that I plan on writing, here are their genres:
My one WIP is kind-of Realistic Science Fantasy like you described, but set in the future!
My second WIP is historical fiction and romance.
I also have a fantasy world that I’m working on.
I love to write nonfiction!
-
Joy replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ashlyvye Good topic idea!
Let’s see… I don’t know what genre I write in… I have a novella that’s science-fiction/fantasy, but other than that I have a huge mix of other things 😛
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk You mean when Rochellaine claims to have made me disappear? Here it is 🙂
-
Joy posted an update 8 years, 6 months ago
@supermonkey42 Can you edit something on part 9 on the KPA for me?
The part where Jane says: “It seems you are an Evil Overlord.” Could you take off the word “evil?” Rochellaine and I had a small dispute… Thanks 🙂
-
filewriter@base13x replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04, yay. I love this. I can’t wait for my character to come in!!!
Um, my (character of course) name is Bethany, but I’d rather most people didn’t know that. I might tell a close friend, but prefer to be known as File Writer. ☺
-
filewriter@base13x replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, I agree with you completely. There is no such thing as “Good Magic”. There is only the power of God. All sorcery comes from the devil. Although, I would be fine if my character befriended an elf, I don’t think I would really like it if magic is involved. No offence to anybody who likes that kind of thing. Some magic I don’t mind. For…[Read more]
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04  That was awesome! 🙂 🙂 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel  OH!  *sigh*  Everyone should keep a Dekreel about, to get them out of a mess.  *pats your head*
It is Aspen. Â We wolves are somewhat forgetful.
@warrenluther04  Change that to Aspen, will you?  Sorry for the confusion…!  🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice “Normal” for my family is different than for most families. 🙂 The little kids go to bed when we tell them to, but the older kids stay up until we’re tired, as long as we get up in time to finish what school we’re supposed to do before lunch the next day. And my schedule is even more different because I’m not homeschooled anymore, s…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m beginning to question how you function like a normal human being, what with all this work you do in the wee hours of the morning!
I imagine a scene like that would have played out much like a KeePeeFer gif war.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I’m back now too! 🙂 I skipped out for a while to get ready for bed…and to get another “wee hours of the morning” snack.
Oh, good. Yeah, I have a first draft of my novel with a whole long scene where an antagonist and someone he’s mad at quote The Princess Bride at each other, which I put in as a joke and always planned to ta…[Read more]
- Load More

Sure! Will do.
Thank you! But please don’t think I was upset at Dekreel as she seems to imply. 🙂 There was no dispute between us that I can recall. Just a request and an explanation.
You’re good. I understand. 🙂
Ah, @dekreel if you call it a dispute, they’ll think we were upset! And I’m not at all. 🙂 We just had a “clarification.”
@rochellaine Yes, I suppose that’s a better word… I was trying to think of a word in between “clarification” and “argument,” but I failed XD