-
Snapper replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter 🙂 *sits regally on @daeus ‘ throne and looks very wise*
@rochellaine That’s awesome! 😀 I love my sounding-boards.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter I agree with @skredder and @dragon-snapper about sounding boards. 🙂 Once I was brainstorming for a part of a book that I really didn’t want to write, but had to you know, because that was part of the story, but since I didn’t want to write it I couldn’t think of anything to write. So I sat down with one of my sisters and told her t…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@mnvalentine Ooh I didn’t even think about making a map.. That sounds hard though!
Hmm Maybe my plot elements would become clearer if my characters motivations were more defined. -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Whoa thankyou! I never knew you were such a wise dragon. *ponders your words*
Ill know who to ask if I run into any more problems! At this point I think I know what I need to do.. So I wont really have any more questions until I try. (and probably fail if we’re all being honest.) 😉@ariel-ashira Oh no, don’t worry. You haven’t a…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter Well, I begin by doing it in my head, then I start to write down those ideas all at once. Usually, it’s a big jumble of scenes, and I organize them later.
Oh goodness, all the time. I made the mistake a year ago by writing a trilogy without planning the whole thing out first. So a few months ago, I had two finished books, and…[Read more] -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Hmm.. So its almost like what Skredder said, only you kind of do it in your head? Interesting!
Do you ever get to a point where you’ve asked a question and you can’t figure out the answer though? Or what if you have two different answers that you have to choose between? -
Snapper replied to the topic New Topic: Is this okay? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaymart I like the questions you brought up in this piece. About Ruth’s character. What might be in the shed, and what it was doing in there in the first place?
And what would happen to David? 😀
Definitely keep it up! -
Snapper replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter Usually, I brainstorm just by building off that idea. Asking questions in my mind. Adding characters to a concept. Actually, most of it is imagining it as a movie, and what kind of plot twists build off of it. 😛
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder @seekjustice @daughteroftheking (Ill be praying for your other foot!)
Thanks so much!
I don’t know why i’m always so nervous to post. You guys are so sweet. 🙂 -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder Wow it seems so simple but I never thought of doing that! I might just try that! Thanks!
Also forgive my ignorance … But what might a sounding board be? 🙂 -
Skredder replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter Wow! I just had this problem two days ago. What I did was take two major scene that I knew for sure and wrote one at the top and one at the bottom of a piece of paper. Then I went, with some help, and listed a few smaller events in between. Then I noticed where in the story there was stuff lacking and focused on figuring out what the…[Read more]
-
Ingrid posted an update 8 years, 6 months ago
I know, I should have posted this at the beginning of the week but since I left for Florida I forgot. I want to apologize for not responding if you tagged me!!!! I haven’t been online a lot so…
Anyway, see you guys when I get back! -
WarrenLuther04 and
Ingrid are now friends 8 years, 6 months ago -
The fledgling Artist started the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
Does anyone have any general advice about brainstorming? I often get random ideas and will write them down. And the result is SUPER slow world building/plot/characters. Its happening, but super slow!
And I realized why. Because what I do isn’t brainstorming it’s inspiration.
So my question(s) How do you sit down and make yourself figure stuff out,…[Read more] -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing ooh well you’re in for a treat! It starts out a little slow.. And I was highly skeptical of the whole ‘pick the plot’ thing.. But James Riley knows his stuff. 😉 It gets sooo good! *giggles*
AAGH! I cannot STAND FOWEN! He made me SO ANGRY at the climax of Hidden chapters! *cries* He hurt my baby!! *cradles Owen* -
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@destiny I’ve been keeping track of Aethasians who come here, yes. 🙂 I’m so glad you like it!
Great, I think your glitter drowned out all the fog in Aethasia. Well done. XD *sneezes*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’ll definitely be praying for you *hugs*
I’ll be praying for you too *more hugs*
Congratulations on getting so far! I’ll be praying for your tests 😀
I’d forgotten about that :/ but it’s good news!
-
Skredder replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel Who knows. It’s all wibbly wobbly timey wimey anyways. Anything could happen! 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder Thank you!
Good grief. Just how many more Whovians are there here that I don’t know about?!?! 😀 😀 😀
That just sounds really weird…
-
Skredder replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel This was awesome! I love it!! 😀
Bowties are cool. Stetsons are cool. Fezes are cool. For the record I’ve seen all of nine and eleven, and one episode of both ten and twelve. I like ten though. I’ve seen more clips for his stuff, so I am at least somewhat familiar with him.
Oh, and I did try fish fingers and custard (technically fish…[Read more]
- Load More
