-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic My Life is Novellas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia haha, well I’m glad you don’t have the same trouble 🙂
-
Alia replied to the topic My Life is Novellas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17, sadly I don’t know. I try to write a short story and it becomes a series…
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic My Life is Novellas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy @daeus Thank you both! I’ve been meaning to get part 2 of the course…. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic My Life is Novellas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yeah, what Kate said is huge. If you have part 2 of my Show Don’t Tell Course, I have a whole lesson on live scenes there, but basically a live scene is the literary version of a camera taking in everything that’s happening in a scene. No time is skipped. An overview is like when someone tells you what happened at their birthday…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese started the topic My Life is Novellas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Hi, all. I have a question: How do you all write books that are so long?! It seems all my books turn out to be novella length. I know a lot of people like a short book, but I really want to write a novel length book. Is there something I’m doing wrong that prevents me from doing this?
@seekjustice @jane-maree @skredder @daeus @alia @ariel-ashira…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Clouded Fury Alpha links in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@skredder Awesome! I’ll try to read it tonight 😉
-
Skredder replied to the topic Clouded Fury Alpha links in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 @seekjustice Okay, here’s part 10. It’s a bit longer than the other parts.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fS232ZUp6_bsr8rv9Kges7IuARkHBbbsClfn342Sufo/edit?usp=sharing
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Good night! 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Haha, Hooray! 😀
Got to go! Goodnight!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
All right, I’ll go with Adelaide, and she’ll come up with some nickname for herself. And Ladle…it’s still making me giggle now 😀
Yes, I’ve definitely done that with character names too. And real people as well, on occasions.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice And in the past few minutes I’ve completely changed my ideas of what those names sound like to me. So forget that whole list, I guess. 😛
Like I said, though, whatever you choose will end up being great, because the readers will like the character and probably end up liking the name.
But still choose Adelaide and “Ladle”!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice I think it can depend on what type of girl she is. Florence makes me think “Florrie” and so I think of a delicate flower of a girl. Adeline is a bit harsher, because of the heavy “d” and “i”. Violet again is delicate. Harriet sounds like a bit of a stiff, motherly sort of person, and Charlotte hits me the same way. Flora is beau…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
True 🙂 I’ve actually never thought about Aaron and Erin being said the same though. But they are, aren’t they?
Ladle??? That made me laugh out loud 😀 I like Day or Dae though, and I can see Quillon calling her Ladle though, and she’d have some silly name for him as well.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
what about…
Florence Quillon
Adeline Quillon
Violet Quillon
Harriet Quillon
Charlotte Quillon
Flora Quillon
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Yes, but when you’re speaking it you can’t tell the difference between Frances and Francis. It’s sort of like Aaron and Erin. Though those two are pronounced with a very slight variation, most people can’t tell the difference.
Nicknames for Adelaide? Adele, Addy, Addie, Lady, Aida, Day, Dae, shall I go on? 😛 (I’ve thought of se…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Hmm, actually, I think that Francis is a boy’s name and technically Frances, is a girl’s name. I like Narcissa, but I don’t think it really matches her personality, since I automatically think of Narcissus. Penelope isn’t bad though.
Adelaide is growing on me, though I’m thinking she might need a nickname like Quillon 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Well, I really don’t like gender-neutral names, since there’s already too much of that going on in the world lately, so I don’t like Francis much at all. 🙁 sorry, sister of SeekJustice. 😀 Angelica is very nice, but almost too pretty, isn’t it? I like Adelaide a lot! (Not personally, but in comparison with Augustine, I mean. 😉 )…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
True… Mr and Mrs Quillon were lower middle-class and worked as undertakers, if that helps. My sister suggested Francis and Angelica. What about Adelaide? It struck me earlier that the name Augustine is pretty grandiose, but it also brings to mind very traditional Anglicans or Catholics, at least to my mind.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Yes, I knew a girl named Tabitha too, and she was nice. I just don’t happen to like the name. But it’s just my preference.
I do like those better, but…what station were Mr. and Mrs. Quillon? Augustine sounds pretty grandiose, while Tabitha, Abigail, and Bethany all sound like calico and sunbonnets. Augustine sounds more lik…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Oh, really? That’s what I wanted to do for a long time. I don’t know if its what I want to do/what God’s calling me to do anymore, but I still love planes 😀 A lot.
I don’t particularly like the name Tabitha, but it does have good connotations for me, since there’s the really cool Tabitha/Dorcas in the Bible and I knew a girl called…[Read more]
- Load More
