-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Hi, Evie!
Uh, well, at this moment in time Casse is not exactly yelling at the king, but it’s one of those quiet anger things. The king is yelling.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@skredder Yeah, I’m nervous and excited at the same time. At first, I wanted to try a literary agent, but this being my first novel that I wrote since getting serious about writing, I wanted to wait a little while.
How’s Casse? 😉
By the way, Evie is here, sharing a bowl of chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips and chocolate syrup with me (we…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 That would be awesome!! 😀
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@skredder Awesome! 😉
I’m working on my dystopian WIP, hoping to finish the first draft and edit before the Realm Makers conference. I hope to get an editor to take a look at it there. 🙂
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 In that case, I’m here!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@skredder I think so 😉
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’m writing notes for school. Does that count as writing?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia @rochellaine @seekjustice @skredder Anyone on for a bit?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Sorry I went to sleep before I could get back to you. 🙂
This is the WW1 short story/novellette thing I was editing a little while ago and telling you about.
Thank you so much!! That would be brilliant 😉
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
annnnnd I’m signing off now
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17, @rochellaine, @seekjustice, anyone on?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Yes, @seekjustice will simply have to visit us here in the States so we can show her our ways. 😉
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice, I like Out of Sight, Out of Mind
@rochellaine, I think the handshake/hug is weird, but that might be because I lived in Asia for so long
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yup. Apparently it’s only an American thing. No, I don’t think it’s weird, it was @seekjustice who originally said she thought it sounded weird. But I guess it would be hard to picture if you’ve never seen it. I know that it’s actually hard for people from other countries to get because we had a family from Canada stay with us a l…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine You mean the thing guys mostly do, they handshake then use their free arms to hug? If that’s what you’re talking about, I don’t think it’s weird. A lot of people do it. I think it’s kinda a guy thing. 🙂 very American @seekjustice 😉
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Self-publishing in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine I haven’t set up myself for the author account thingy (yet!), so I wouldn’t be able to tell you exactly how it worked. But I copy/pasted this here for you, maybe it’ll help:
Follow these steps to apply for the Author Program:
1. Sign in or create an account, and then search for your most popular book via ISBN, ASIN, or title.
2. On…[Read more] -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Oh yeah, I was thinking about young people a bit older, I guess. Kids up until they’re about sixteen or seventeen don’t shake hands with each other, though always with older people. (The older initiates, though, unless there’s a precocious youngster. 😉 ) When they get to their late teens they start shaking hands with each ot…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
If you’d rather not though, that’s fine. 🙂 I just thought I’d ask since you seem knowledgeale on the process.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Hand shaking just isn’t a thing with youths here, which is a shame because I like shaking hands (it makes me feel powerful since I can make grown butchers wince. I just have to remember not to crush the old ladies). But you can always go for the high five if they initiate it. 😛
I was stalking Jen’s self publishing thread and saw…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira Thank you! 😀 I was so sure, but then, trying as one American to state a fact about our huge country was kind of intimidating and I wanted to make certain. 😛 @seekjustice needs to come to America to see just how normal and not-awkward the handshake hug really is. 😉
- Load More
