-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, cool! I really love Singin’ in the Rain!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Well, there’s a broadway version of Anastasia, which I personally like a lot more (though I like the animated movie too). I like the Count of Monte Cristo musical a lot too 😀 It was one I didn’t find until more recently.
Yep, Singin’ in the Rain is a musical too 😀
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Sorry. That’s all. I’ve only seen the disney animated version of Anastasia and listened to my brother play-by-play as he read The Count of Monte Cristo. I didn’t even know all of those were available as musicals, Anastasia as a musical I knew about.
Wait! Does Singin’ in the Rain count as a musical?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
It’s well known that Cats literally has no plot at all. They’re songs based on poems of T.S. Elliot’s and they’re crazy, but funny, and the dancing is absolutely astounding (especially in the DVD version), but the musical world is half and half on whether its stupid or genius. I personally on the fence. But the songs are…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
LES MIS!!!! That’s all. What about Newsies, Anastasia, Tale of Two Cities, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, The Count of Monte Cristo, Lord of the Rings, The Scarlet Pimpernel—
Okay, I’ll stop.
Oh, I haven’t seen Mary Poppins since I was eleven, but it was really good! I liked it a lot. I don’t think I’ve listened to…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine I’ve heard Sight&Sound mentioned on here a few times, but haven’t looked into it.
I only saw Les Mis because a friend dragged me to it. I had no idea it was a musical until after the first song when they wouldn’t stop singing. 🙂
I’m gonna have to go soon.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@skredder Yes, Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables are both very popular. 🙂 I haven’t seen either of them. 😛 My dad tells me Les Mis is very good, (and so does SeekJustice,) but I’ve never had a chance to see it. I like the older, happy-go-lucky musicals better than those dark, modern musicals though. SeekJustice really doesn’t like tho…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine I’ve enjoyed the ones I’ve seen.They’re the more popular ones though. Phantom of the Opera, which I do have the soundtrack for, and Les Mis. I have the soundtrack to Cats for some reason, but I don’t even know what that is about.
And it was a local production of Mary Poppins that I saw live!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@skredder Haha, I can’t believe we haven’t asked you before now. 😮
Which one did you see live? I think @seekjustice and I have both seen Mary Poppins live, and I’ve seen a few others.
If you enjoy musicals, but don’t watch them, does that mean you listen to soundtracks? Or just that you like the ones you have seen?
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine It’s a short story I’m hoping to enter into the storyembers contest. I actually planned it out from start to finish. That feels really weird, but nice at the same time.
I’ve been waiting for someone to ask me this question. I enjoy musicals, but I don’t actually watch them. I’ve seen maybe three in my life. Only one which was live,…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Hahaha! Well, I do wear lipstick on very rare occasions…but, I think I’d have a bit of trouble singing while putting on lipstick! Yes, I agree that this is the best makeup song ever. I just realized that right now I’m on my sixth or seventh listen to it today. 😛
@skredder Great! But, what is it actually that you are wor…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Not too bad actually. How’s yours?
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Hi! I’m only on for a short while.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@skredder Well met! How goes the writing?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I don’t wear makeup either, but if I did, I’d do it singing this song 😀
@skredder Heyo!
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine *waves hand* Ahoy!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Haha! That’s a funny, and kind of horrible idea. 😮 Thankfully, I don’t wear makeup. (I take forever to get ready anyway, so if I had to put makeup on, I’d never be on time for anything. 😛 ) So does that mean I don’t have to worry that I’ll one day be acting like that awful queen? But I love the tango beat behind the song, and th…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Heyo! Who’s all on right now?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Well, that’s an intense song to listen to while doing your makeup each morning! Not sure how much I’ll be around today, because I have heaps to do, but I’ll try to get a little bit of writing in!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice I showed my sister this song a few minutes ago, and we both agreed that the singer is amazing. I then thought of you, and wondered if you’d like to hear it. 😉 It’s apparently from a 1987 Snow White musical movie, and it’s now near the top of my list of villain songs. 🙂  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5lxNxymO7g
By the way, I’…[Read more]
- Load More
