-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, see you later.
Um…it is late, but for some reason I’m not sleepy. 😉 I should probably try to go to sleep anyway.
Rabbit trail question: have you ever heard an actual broken record? I have! 😀 I have a record player and a lot of albums as well as a few 45s. Thankfully most of them are not scratched, but one is an old ‘6…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Well, I’ve been on the computer all day and my eyes are sore, and I need to do some chores, so I’m leaving now. Also, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, is it not late in Maryland??
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Are you still here?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
That would be hilarious!!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice @rochellaine Yes, knitting needles! (I’ve got plenty 😛 ) Someone seriously should make a logo with knitting needles saying ‘Til we’re old and grey!’ on it. *seriously considers doing just that*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 4 months ago
Awesome! And no worries, I really liked it. Thanks for letting me read! (now to finish Skredder’s!)
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice thank you for answering! 😀 I actually decided to make this just part 1 of a 2 part book (i think) because I felt the same about the ending. Thanks again for reading! <3
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Oh, and Alia! That’s awesome, awesome news!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
We’ve moved on without you, unfortunately and now there is a #17 corner!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Well, I did. But Oliver Twist is not his greatest work, let’s just say that.
That quote though! I’ve done similar things before. Almost poked people’s eyes out with knitting needles. Almost stabbed myself with my own pocket knife this morning!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@skredder Usually the libretto is translated in the programs or on a screen so people can read the lyrics in English. If you like opera music, but don’t like bad plots, look up Gilbert and Sullivan’s operettas. They’re really good, and they’re in English! 🙂
@seekjustice Poor you. But then, I never trusted Dickens anyway. 😛
Yes! Kni…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
And then, we’ll defend the honour of KP with our knitting needles.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 4 months ago
1.   Who was your favorite character and why?
Uma. I just loved her innocence combined with her…uh…robotness. I did feel that you could have done heaps more with her than you did, like explaining more about why she was created, what her programming is like, developing her character a bit more. But yeah, she was my favour…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine haha, I just got a picture in my mind of us two old grey-haired ladies hunched over our laptops chatting in the writers’ corner 😀 Yes, ’til we’re old and grey!!!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Well, I didn’t really like Oliver Twist, the book either, which I just finished so…I don’t know, I feel like Dickens betrayed me.
There’s a super thin plot dealing with the “nine lives of cats” sort of thing, but that’s literally it. Who cares if it has a plot. Good dancing 😛
My mum was learning Italian in uni and she…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine I once did a paper on the history of Italian opera. That was an experience. A lot of the operas were inappropriate for then and for now, yet people keep watching them. My question is, how many people actually understand what’s being sung since it’s in Italian?
I’ll have to check out those links tomorrow.
@seekjustice It was still a…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@skredder Well, check these out for Sight&Sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBlRmJGPvbk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEGDGorAbx0
Hahaha! That’s why I’m not sure if I’ll like it. I like a musical to have a few songs here and there, and a lot of dialogue. I do like operas, but I prefer musicals to be completely di…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
In defence of Les Mis…its not really dark…okay, it kinda is. Hmm.
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Okay. I just love it because it’s absolutely hilarious and ridiculous and the dancing is so precise. I guess I’m not very much into the darker stuff. I’ll take action, but not dark.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I personally haven’t listened to it, because its sorta not a “dark modern musical”, but its a classic 😀
- Load More
