-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Rabbits regularly destroy Australia, so the child’s natural love for cute and fluffy rabbits is quashed very effectively from the cradle.
We do eat chocolate rabbits though.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I mostly sound weird and out of context anyway, so I’ve given up bothering 😛
I actually think the most unrealistic thing about musicals is that they do something and then sing a completely applicable song. Whereas I go through life singing things that have no application to the context. 😀
Again, I think it comes for me to my love…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Haha, your loss, I guess. 😛 Or your gain…depends on how you look at it.
Okay, so I don’t really like those kinds of musicals. I have a couple of reasons. One is something I’ve mentioned before. I like songs that I can sing simply and around places without worrying they’ll sound weird out of context. The old movie musi…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Ah, okay. It’s a culture thing? In that case I can see why you don’t think it’s cute. 😉
Do you mean musicals like Les Mis which are basically all song and no spoken dialogue?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Well, in Australia rabbits are not considered cute. That’s just the way it is.
<p style=”text-align: left;”>Baby wombats and echidnas, once they’ve got fur, are cuter 🙂 Also our neighbours Papilon (I know that isn’t spelt right) puppies are also very cute.</p>
Hey, I’ve got a musical question for you. Do you like sung-through…[Read more] -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Well, I guess I’ll see you later. Glad you, at least, think it’s really cute. 😛
@seekjustice Just “kinda cute?” What do you have in Australia that’s cuter than this? 😉 (I actually will agree that this isn’t really the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. I like my sister’s Shih Tzu puppies better.)
How goes the editing? Have Sap…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine OH MY GOODNESS HE’S SO CUTE! 😀 😀 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Isn’t he cute? 😀 (I actually think he looks rather like a mouse, but then…mice can be cute, too. 😉 )
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @seekjustice Well girls, I’m a-gonna have to leave now. I hope your writing (and rewriting) goes well. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Huzzah! 😀
@seekjustice wow you’re rewriting it?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 @seekjustice I’m back! I think the bunny is going to survive. I was able to get some milk down him and warm him up, and now his ears are up and he has eaten a bit of clover. 🙂 My little sister is very happy. 😀
How’s it going?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I like doing read throughs were I annotate everything rather sarcastically. But actual editing… I don’t mind what I’m doing now, which is literally rewriting the whole thing, but once it gets down to line editing and agonising over every single word…I don’t like that.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Yes and no. I’m enjoying reading it over, but I’m not a fan of editing 😉 I think Rochellaine said that you don’t like editing much either?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
True, they could be. Are you enjoying it though?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice but your chapters are longer than mine I think. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Awesome! You’re doing pretty well. I’m only up to Chapter 3, where Chessy goes to the park for the first time.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice I’m on chapter 5, so about halfway. Woohoo! been editing for hours today. 😀 I was actually going to enter the SE short story contest, but I couldn’t handle another writing project at the moment.
How about you?
- Load More
