-
Greta replied to the topic HUGE Announcement! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea @daeus
Wow, this is SO cool! You KP staffers are pretty creative. 😉 Unfortunately, with school and everything, I don’t think I’ll be able to participate in the beta-reading portion of the process. I’m so bummed, though, because it sounds like an amazing opportunity! However, I’m the type of person who wants to say “yes” to…[Read more] -
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Discussion for Video One: Introduction in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea I’m hoping to learn how to better weave Christian messages into my writing in a way that is not preachy and connects with my readers. I’ve also had problems with plot vs character, so I want to learn how theme can fix that. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Discussion for Video One: Introduction in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Aratrea a deeper understanding of the pieces of the puzzle and the way they work together. 😉
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic HUGE Announcement! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
I just saw the announcement and enrolled, @aratrea . This course looks just right for me. Can’t wait to get started! I’ve been a beta tester for an online course before. It’s so exciting to be part of something new like this. 🙂
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic HUGE Announcement! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
I just saw the announcement and enrolled, @aratrea . This course looks just right for me. Can’t wait to get started! I’ve been a Beta-tester for an online course before. It’s so exciting to be part of something new like this. 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic HUGE Announcement! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea Thanks!
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic HUGE Announcement! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
Wow, this looks amazing! I don’t know if I’ll be beta testing, but I’ll definitely ask my parents about signing up for the course, when it’s been released. I’m glad to know it’s self-paced, because I have a habit of taking a long time on these things 😉
Thank you, guys, for all the effort you put into helping all us writers…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic HUGE Announcement! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic HUGE Announcement! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
Awesome! Thank you. *huge grin* @Aratrea
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic HUGE Announcement! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
-
BlueJay posted an update 9 years, 9 months ago
Okay peoples I’m STUCK!!!! I need a title for a story, but I don’t want to give too much away. So basically it’s based on Jane Austen’s novels and Charles is lord of Birchwood, a magnificent estate. His *cough* comes and well, kicks him out, so to speak.
My sister suggested the title “The Annoying Guest” which would work as a chapter title, but…[Read more] -
BlueJay posted a new activity comment 9 years, 9 months ago
@aratrea *gasp* Dooooommmmm…..
-
BlueJay posted an update 9 years, 9 months ago
@aratrea I hope you’ve seen Flywheel. Q: What kind of character is Vince? A henchman? Bad guy? Neutral? I can’t figure him out.
-
Unfortunately, Flywheel is still sitting on my to-watch list… >.> =P
-
@aratrea *gasp* Dooooommmmm…..
-
I know. xP I really need to get around to watching it one of these days…
-
You do. And when you’ve watched it, please tell me what Vince is. My sisters and I were talking about it last night and I can’t decide. 🙁 (And it’s driving me crazy)
-
Haha; I will!
-
-
-
-
BlueJay posted an update 9 years, 10 months ago
@adry_grace, @alia, @anna-brie, @anne-of-lothlorien, @cahndida-serkhaman, @charisetter, @zoe-wingfeather, @christi-eaton, @clairec, @winter-rose, @warrioroftherealm, @writefury, @emma-flournoy, @reaganramm, @rolena-hatfield, @julia-r, @his-instrument, @ingridrd, @ivy-rose, @the-happy-bookaholic, @timothy-young, @belegteleri, @theliterarycrusader,…[Read more]
-
Ignore my spelling errors. 🙁 I’m terrible at checking my own writing.
-
*puts on thinking cap* Hrmmm… well, the first game that comes to mind is Blindman’s Bluff. Then there’s a similar but less ‘dangerous’ game that doesn’t have a name, where ‘It’ stands blindfolded in the middle of the room and one player at a time tries to sneak past (and around) him without getting touched.
And honestly I have zero head for…[Read more]-
Thanks for the other game suggestions. Yes, I’ve played that once before and it was lots of fun. @kate-flournoy
-
-
Do you mean the theme would be spiritual blindness, and you’d just play physically ‘blind’ games, or would the theme be physical blindness (probably not, but I want to make sure I get what you’re saying. 😉 )?
And ditto to what Kate said about fundraising…sorry. 😛 Have some sort of craft sale, maybe? *helpless shrug*-
No @emma-flournoy The theme is about physical blindness as that is what the fundraiser would be for. Helping raise money for tablets that stop River Blindness.
-
@bluejay, so sorry, no ideas at the moment, but I’ll let you know if I think of something. 🙂
-
@clairec No worries. Please do. 🙂
-
-
Okay. That sounds good. 🙂 What’s River Blindness?
-
@emma-flournoy River Blindness is cause by black flies that live down near the river. So people go do to get water and…how much information would you like??? It’s pretty graphic.
-
Ooh… all right, that’s good.
😛
I hope your fundraiser goes well if you do it.
-
-
-
-
-
Hmmm…. that’s a great thing to raise funds for, @bluejay! Who will you be giving the money to? (i.e. Compassion, Samaritan’s Purse, a missionary at your church, etc.) Well, the only games I can think of that haven’t already been suggested would be searching through something like rice, blindfolded, to find a small object, like a marble, pebble,…[Read more]
-
@julia-r The funds will be going to CBM.
Hey, I like that game. You say you’ve done similar games before, can you tell me how much rice would you put in the dish (how big is the dish) and are they allowed to use their hands?-
I would get a really big storage container (like utility bins) and fill it with as much rice as you can. Rice is cheap, so it shouldn’t be a cost issue. And yes, you can use your hands! It’s fun to rely only on touch to find things.
Another similar suggestion (this might appeal more to younger folks) is to put the pieces of a 6-piece puzzle in the…[Read more]
-
-
-
@bluejay Would it be indoors or outdoors? I know two games that raise money, but they don’t have a thing to do with blindness. You know the type of game where you try to throw a small object either into a basket or through a small hole in a board or to knock something down? You could charge 25 or 50 cents per toss. The other game is quite a bit…[Read more]
-
@sarah-h It would be indoors. Thank you SO much for all the wonderful ideas. I have decided not to run the fundraiser so a bit because I am so busy with prier commitments. But the ideas are wonderful and will be in a file for future reference.
-
-
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Aratrea Yes, Thomas Hardy. It’s definitely not a happy movie, but the theme comes across very strongly. I heard most of Thomas Hardy’s novels are tragedies. 😛
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya Good to know we won’t be killed for listing books. 😉 Why is it harder to find books than movies? Because of where you live?
A Tale of Two Cities for the theme of sacrifice and true, Christ-like love. Book and movie. Seriously, that one is so. awesome. I cried my heart out because of it, but it was so well pulled off. Do you know…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Kingdom Cinema Q&A in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@Aratrea if it isn’t too late, do all three of you know your MBTI type, and if so, what is it?
-
Greta posted an update 9 years, 11 months ago
Election day is today (you probably already knew that, unless you’ve been living in a hole in the ground 😉 ). Let’s take the time to pray for our country today.
Thy will be done, Lord.
@kate-flournoy @alia @adry_grace @anne-of-lothlorien @anne-swiftblade @aratrea @aella @hannah-krynicki @hannah-c @his-instrument @watersnail @daeus @christi-ea…[Read more]-
Yes! Please take a minute (preferably at least five minutes) to come before the Throne and find rest in His peace. We don’t have to worry because we know that God has everything under control. Maybe, through some mysterious twist of fate, this election will improve America. However, sometimes, it was God’s plan for the Israelites to be defeated.…[Read more]
-
Amen @julia-r! Thank YOU for reminding me. I’m trying to rest in the Lord, but it’s so hard not to worry. I know that God’s got this. 🙂
-
-
Thanks for the reminder, Greta.
-
Yes @Gretald. Thank you.
-
Amen. Bless the polls, Lord.
@julia-r
Just like you said, whatever the outcome, it’s under control. -
Yes, let’s all pray for America. Good to be reminded, @Gretald.
-
Thanks for the reminder, Greta. So many people are afraid today, but I know God is in control.
-
-
Thank you for the reminder, @gretald! May the LORD’s will be done.
-
Amen!! @corissa-maiden-of-praise
-
-
Yes! Thank you for that prodding. It’s cool to know that there are young Christian writers out there who care about these things; you guys inspire me.
-
It’s a beautiful day, no matter the outcome of the election- because we know where our true citizenship lies. Thanks for the reminder, @gretald
-
Yes, let’s do that. We need it. (Like always…)
-
Going to just take a second to say, you guys are beautiful people and a true encouragement. It’s such a blessing to see you all bind together and write for the Kingdom of God and support others who choose to do the same. <3 *fades back into the shadows*
-
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Kingdom Cinema Q&A in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
*digs out old topic* Right…I mean…write. I need a dare; lots of them. I would like them to be kinda historical, but don’t stress if they aren’t. @daeus, @kate-flournoy, @emma-flournoy, @jess, @winter-rose, @dragon-snapper, @aratrea, @sierra-r, @rolena-hatfield. *decides to go and get tags from a different article.*
@graciekry @his-instrument @j…[Read more] - Load More

You could just call it “Lord of Birchwood.” I don’t know. Just a suggestion. Or you could call it *Cough*, since that seems to be a theme in your story. 😉
What is the genre?
@bluejay Uh oh… even the KP doctor has a cough. D’you think it’s from all that smoke from my melting the chairs yesterday? 😛
Lords of the Will
Birchwood Problems
The Lord of Birchwood
???
*hands you cough medicine* Sorry, that’s all I could come up with for now.
@dragon-snapper Yes, that smoke was terrible. So please don’t do that again. Ooo cough medicine, thank you. You know, if you were nice tempered, I could take you on as a nurse. 😉
@his-instrument Hehe. The genre…hard question since I’m not great with genres, but just think Pride and Prejudice. 🙂
How about “The Will of Birchwood”?
Or does that sound too much like a name???? :S
@bluejay
The title “The Birchwood Will” might work, if you think that “The Will of Birchwood” doesn’t work. 🙂
Jackson E. Graham
http://jacksonegraham.wixsite.com/jackson-e-graham
Hmm…a second on Lord of Birchwood.
hmm, I’m not sure, but here are some questions that might help you choose.
What lesson does the character learn?
What’s one word that could sum up the story’s conflict?
Is there anything extremely unusual about your characters or the situations they find themselves in?
What are common words used in titles for the book’s genre? (romance, I assume.…[Read more]