-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@mnvalentine I completely agree with you! I love the Harry Potter series, and I think it has a lot of positive themes. I’ve no problems with the HP books, and simply mentioned them because @princessfoo had. Really great thoughts there!
The Twilight books, however, are completely empty of any positive themes. I mentioned that they’re for…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Never.
XD Just kidding. Of course I do!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus me.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder Wowza! I love it.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ashlyvye Hello, there! Have you heard of Pottermore?? It’s pretty neat…I’m a Hufflepuff, by the way. Anyway, welcome!
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
You’re right. When I think culture, I think of it on a grander scale, and with an emphasis on the mental/spiritual ways books challenge us to think and act. On that note, you’re right–the Twilight and Hunger Games books present a number of smaller issues that were only escalated due to their popularity. @princessfoo
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
*sighs* Gryffindor, hm? Guess I could tolerate that. Not as cool as Slytherin, but still cool…
Anyway. I just started listening to Imagine Dragons, but I really like them. What’s your favorite song? I think mine is Thunder, I can’t resist singing it when it comes on. @ashlyvye
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@princessfoo As far as cultural impact goes, I’m not sure Twilight or the Hunger Games series had much to give. They were popular, but empty. More for entertainment purposes than to present food for thought.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
*raises hand*
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hello My name is in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 7 months ago
@aedesia Welcome to KP!
What do you like to write?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
Hello there @ashlyvye! Welcome to KP. If you have any questions about where to find something on the site, feel free to ask!
Ooh, you like Harry Potter? Do you know which house you’d be in? *crosses fingers and hopes for Slytherin*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quick Announcement in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Well, for me, it’s price… I don’t have a job yet and there are other things I need to be able to pay for…
But also, it’s mainly that you’ve already helped me so much with show don’t tell just by working with me on my book. 😛 So… there’s not much demand on the Snapper side of things. (Unless you were to beta-read all my books. Lol)
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@introvert_girl I’m not sure if Irish or Gaelic names with work, since the first names are Japanese sounding, like Jax, Takara, and Taro. Maybe if I could find Japanese last names that sounded kinda Japanese and American (if that makes any sense)……
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04 here’s the back cover description: <i>An immediate worldwide bestseller when it was published in 1948, Alan Paton’s impassioned novel about a black man’s country under white man’s law is a work of searing beauty. Cry, the Beloved Country is the deeply moving story of the Zulu pastor Stephen Kumalo and his son Absalom, set against t…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd Thanks!
@daughteroftheking Excellent. *evil chuckle* If you want to see more collages, or learn more about the story, I’ll be posting a lot about it starting on the first Friday of March and throughout the Fridays of March on my blog. (And that sounded a lot like advertising. Lol) 😛@jenwriter17 The funny part is that it fits his…[Read more]
-
Ingrid and
Jenna Terese are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@destiny I’m guessing you’re looking for fantasy-ish names, but here’s what I came up with…
1. Phoenix, Maddox, Zander
2. Kace, Deacon, Roland
3. Raven, Alessia, Marina
Hopefully these help!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
tagging a few more people for help as well @seekjustice @Jane-maree @mariposa @dragon-snapper @daeus
I’m signing off for now. bye! 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic How many characters is too many? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ariella-newheart oh I know! it’s so hard to part with characters! I’m glad those articles helped. 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine @waterlily hi, could you guys help me brainstorm last names for a few? At first I was going to set my book in Japan, so I was using Japanese first and last names (but now it’s set in the USA). I think I wanna keep some of the first names, but I think I want to change the last. I’d like to come up with last names that have the same…[Read more]
- Load More
