-
Jackson Graham replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Reagan Ramm replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Hi, @dekreel
We can definitely relate!
Haley and I shot a video that hopefully should provide some encouragement, and help you finally kick that comparitis and self-doubt to the curb!
How to stop doubting your ability to write, and finally stop comparing yourself to other writers.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart Why, thank you, ma’am. 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong *bows*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@Dekreel basically what has already been said. I struggle with this too. Especially recently. I found an author whose skill in my chosen genre is so crazily far beyond my own I don’t dare dream I’ll ever reach it.
And much as I hate to admit this, that thought drives me absolutely bonkers.
It’s not that I’m jealous of him, just that I loathe…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Yes, you are. @ethryndal
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Noted. @ethryndal
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Off of the amusement we get by teasing INTJs for their heartlessness. @ethryndal
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Here’s the thing. I get you, really, really, really understand where you’re coming from. I’ve been in this boat ever since joining KP. It’s funny how easy it is to compare yourself to others, isn’t it? You’re so confident in yourself then one day, boom! your confidence up and walks away. So rude.
Like I said, self-doubt has been a struggle for…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Hey. Look. I’m not going to say you’re an amazing writer, but I am going to say that if you like writing and if it’s something you enjoy then it’s a gift. It’s a gift from God.
He’s blessed you with that gift and you don’t have to be a higher standard, a better writer, as good as ‘so-and-so’, because He’s given you the gift in exactly…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
Oh whoops I didn’t see that @dekreel was already going to…*shrugs* Can I draw her anyway?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong *facedesk*
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-millisong I will do her!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@sage-g *gasps* You are really talented. She looks great!!!!! 🙂 And thank you.
-
Jackson Graham replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
Honestly, from what I’ve seen, it seems better to not directly describe the moves a character is doing in a fight scene, and instead focus on the emotion and feel of it. Allow me to demonstrate:
Original – “John executed a perfect overhand cut, which Xavier quickly blocked with a hanging point.”
And yes, I did just pull two…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine aw, I can’t join you this time! will you be on Monday?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
“Awestruck to see that in dark the lights dance” @daeus
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder Hopefully her hair is how you imagined it…and I wasn’t sure about her eyes so I just did brown. 🙂
And closer…
-
Ingrid and
Ariella Newheart are now friends 8 years, 7 months ago - Load More


