@annika-c
Active 5 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Lin replied to the topic Hullo : ) in the forum Start HERE 6 years ago
(All these posts are so long I can’t read that much…)
@libby Hi! Welcome to our lovely Kingdom! I love playing piano too!
I give information about myself upon receiving specific questions, haha, because my brain is dead most of the time.
So what kind of music do you like to play? Classical or contemporary? And what sort of books do you read?…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What was the very last scene you wrote? How did it go? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
See, there’s this manga I like where all the characters are famous writers, and Margaret Mitchell is really cool. So I thought I might give hers a try. I asked my dad one day during dinner, “How long is Gone With the Wind?”
Anyways. I thought i might’ve known if it was over a thousand pages long. But at least its…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What are some interesting quirks you have given your characters? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
@kathleenramm I actually base most of my quirks off of real people, haha. And I think that quirks really do make a story more attractive than a premise. XD
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Hullo : ) in the forum Start HERE 6 years ago
The Hunger Games Trilogy isn’t like any books I’ve ever read and it definitely stands out from your typical YA fiction. (I’m actually in the middle of reading it again right now) Some of the things I like about it is that the characters are complex, the theme is deep, and the writing style is so easy to read without being overly…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What are some interesting quirks you have given your characters? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
It’s funny how the quirks of your characters remind me of some of my siblings.XD
I have a brother who wheres a black ball cap 90% of the time and frequently orders a root beer, a sister who collects coffee mugs and buys books on a daily basis. Though, I don’t have a sibling who wears trench coats.
For some reason, hearing…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What are some interesting quirks you have given your characters? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
@kathleenramm Hmmm…*immediately forgets everything I’ve ever done, ever*
I suddenly want to know a lot more about that villain of yours.
Hmm…I’m gonna take quirks to mean “not bad things”. I have one character that’s always barefoot, another who constantly wears a white baseball cap, and another who always orders a beer but gets a root beer…[Read more]
-
Kathleen started the topic What are some interesting quirks you have given your characters? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
What are some interesting quirks you have given your characters? If you can’t think of any from your stories, what are some interesting quirks from novels you’ve read?
Okay, so I looked back at a couple characters I’ve written in the past and found a few interesting quirks.
I had one character who had an extreme dislike for beanies and a love…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic A Writer for Christ in the forum Start HERE 6 years ago
Hi Jaydyn! Welcome to the Kingdom Pen forum!
I’m Kathleen, and I hang out here a lot in the Kingdom of Pen. (It’s quite nice btw).
Your favorite books are some of my favorite as well! Except for the Kingdom Series, although I’ve heard a lot about it, (we even have an interview with the author on KP), I still have yet to read…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Are you and outliner or a pantser? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
Those are some great topic ideas! You don’t mind if I steal some of them do you? And if any other topic of the week ideas pop into your head, I’d love to hear them.
Maybe a topic of the week could be, “What do you want future topic of the week to be?” XD. I bet a lot of people have some killer ideas that I haven’t thought of.
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What was the very last scene you wrote? How did it go? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
I don’t think you can go wrong with Treasure Island and Pirates of the Caribbean. There’s just isn’t enough books out there in that style! Well, maybe there are actually a ton of books like that, that I just haven’t heard of.XD (If there are please let me know.)
Both scenes sound very intriguing! Are both scenes from…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Prayer Request about my Book (because IDK where to put it) in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years ago
This is awesome! Congrats! You can count on many prayers from me. 🙂
-
Lin replied to the topic Blogs and Author Websites! in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years ago
The links don’t seem to be working. Welp…
Instagram: @coldestsunshine
I might post other links later…(like if my Goodreads account ever gets verified as an author, haha) but for now you can see my updates and things on Instagram.
-
Lin replied to the topic Character Question in the forum Characters 6 years ago
@selah-chelyah Ah, thank you!Â
Even though I have no idea what you just agreed to haha@leon-fleming When Eleven talks to people, he comes off as a bit rude because he generally brings up things that he couldn’t have known about. He never introduces himself, and switches randomly from topic to topic. And I’m afraid he’s more on the average side…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What was the very last scene you wrote? How did it go? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
@leon-fleming Oh hey, you’re back! Nice to see your presence.
Thanks for the tips; I generally stay away from caffeinated things because it does things to my blood, but I’ll keep that in mind. And I recently put Gone With the Wind, The Brothers Karamazov, and The Chosen on hold at my library, so I’m stocked up for the next few weeks or month, th…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Character Question in the forum Characters 6 years ago
@leon-fleming As someone who has at least 300 characters from different stories all over, this is a very hard question. 🙂
I suppose I’ll go by story here. Maybe. Or at least sift through the slightly developed ones.
(Half your tags are missing, which leads me to believe that you are tagging nonexistent people. XD)
There’s my central character…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Poem Needs Feedback in the forum Poetry Critiques 6 years ago
Haha, yes, we did hire him for a reason.XD Oooh, it would be great if you could cook something up! The Kingdom of Pen could always use some fresh poetry.
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Are you and outliner or a pantser? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
Wow, five years you say? Well, LotR took fifteen years to write, so… maybe that’s a good sign? When it comes to outlining there’s never a very clear set end to it all. You could outline a novel in a day, or in a decade. Just depends on what story your trying to tell and what kind of writer you are.
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Poem Needs Feedback in the forum Poetry Critiques 6 years ago
I would love to give suggestions/critiques however, I’m an absolute beginner when it comes to poetry. Though I’m sure @leon-fleming will have some advice to give.
But I can say from a consumer perspective, I really enjoyed it! I love the message it has, both it’s meaning and that it wasn’t too in-your-face. It’s a poem that you can…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What was the very last scene you wrote? How did it go? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
@gracie-j Haha, thanks for the tip. Reading bad writing always helps XD
-
Lin replied to the topic What was the very last scene you wrote? How did it go? in the forum Topic of the Week 6 years ago
@kathleenramm Yep! The next story is going to be kind of a prequel to this one, but it happens in a small seaside town in a summer where a strange cafe appears, along with some extremely strange people. Totally relaxing. Totally not going to have mysterious disappearances 🙂
- Load More
