@annika-c
Active 5 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Lin replied to the topic Today I read… in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@kathleenramm Great idea! Though be warned; my list will probably mostly consist of manga, with a classic book once in a while. Hopefully this might spark up my love for reading again, haha…
@gracie-j Ah, yes. I feel you. I may live up North, but being a second-gen immigrant, I’ve never really felt that strongly about the civil war. However, I…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic The Journal (a poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 5 years, 9 months ago
I got you, thanks so much!! 😉
-
Kathleen started the topic Today I read… in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
So as you’ve probably heard a million times by authors, is the importance of reading as a writer. But I’ve actually have learned way more about writing by talking about books I’ve read than actually reading the book. And besides, talking about books is probably one of a writer’s favorite things to do, even without all the benefits of improving…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Lin replied to the topic The Journal (a poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 5 years, 9 months ago
@nova21 I really out of touch with poetry right now, so I can’t really say much, but I liked it a lot!
-
ella replied to the topic The Journal (a poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 5 years, 9 months ago
Thank you so much! Typos… 😒 And punctuation has never been my friend. Thank you for the advice!
-
ella started the topic The Journal (a poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 5 years, 9 months ago
Hey everyone! Here’s a poem I wrote. I wrote it really quickly, so it’s kinda rough here and there. I’d love y’all’s feedback/critiques though! (It’s kinda long, sry)
The Journal
One hundred Septembers ago,
he gave a small book to his dear.
“As you grow, it will too,
But only if you write every year.”
Ninety Septembers ago,
She found…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic What was the most difficult scene for you to write and why? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, I know what you mean. That’s an interesting thought–I’ve never really paid attention to authors’ favoritism. I’ll have to think about it. I feel like I’ve read that kinda thing before though, and I’ve definitely written it!! 😂
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What was the most difficult scene for you to write and why? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 9 months ago
Oof, yes. XD I know those characters far too well. Have you ever read a book with a character that you had a sneaking suspicion was the author’s favorite character? I feel like the try-hard comic relief characters are often those characters, but since the author likes the character so much they’re oblivious to it. XD Not sure if you’ve c…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@gracie-j I thought it was super sad ahh. Every time I flipped the page it just got worse and worse…but it was written really well and I enjoyed it a lot.
Merry Christmas to you as well!
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 9 months ago
@gracie-j I just wanted to let you know I finally finished Gone With the Wind.
I-I can’t think right now. I’ll sort my thoughts out tomorrow ahhh.
-
ella changed their profile picture 5 years, 9 months ago
-
ella replied to the topic What was the most difficult scene for you to write and why? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 9 months ago
Definitely. On a slightly different note, I hate it when people write comic relief characters who are so try-hard!! 😄 I almost put the book down (e.g. Uriah in the Divergent series–I liked him in the first book, but in the last two, he was super cringy) Anyways, it’s interesting to see how so many writers (most of the time) s…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What was the most difficult scene for you to write and why? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 9 months ago
I think what you mentioned right there is the epitome of writing. Most likely all writers at one point or another write about situations we have no experience ever doing but write about it as if we did it just that morning. XD And it’s totally prevalent when writing banter between two characters wholly different from you. Their…[Read more]
-
Lin posted an update 5 years, 9 months ago
Hey, uh, I won a short story contest a few months ago if you want to read it…. https://www.writervana.com/post/october-2020-contest-winner
-
ella changed their profile picture 5 years, 9 months ago
-
ella's profile was updated 5 years, 9 months ago
-
ella replied to the topic What was the most difficult scene for you to write and why? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 9 months ago
I struggle with everything everyone else has mentioned, but I always have the hardest time trying to make friendly banter between two characters. Since I write in a different setting than real life, I can’t use the banter between me and my friends as inspiration. (It’s also mostly cheesy stuff anyways. 🙂 ) So yeah, I’ll be w…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What was the most difficult scene for you to write and why? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 9 months ago
Is it bad that I’ve never written romance in any form before? I love creating deep, meaningful, and complicated relationships, but never romance. Probably because I don’t read romance often, and I’m only seventeen so romance isn’t something I think about, like, ever. XD
But I can see how writing romance would be difficult.…[Read more]
-
ella replied to the topic Prologue Critique! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, I get it. Characters like that are hard, but I love to read and write them!!
- Load More
