-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
When it comes to logic, I always think I’m right and it is impossible to offend me because you’re wrong and I should be concerned about you, not myself
Oh dear. This can be… dangerous. Remember, pride goeth before a fall… 😉
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus Maybe that’s just something that varies from person to person, with no regard to personality. I would imagine personal experience has a lot to do with it more than anything. @kate-flournoy, what do you think? You’re the Personality Professor around here. 😉 😀
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien So you’re good without a life-jacket now. Perfect! 😀 And the water’s generally deeper than five feet. It was over my head a little at the deepest spot within the docks, so it’s probably more like six feet.
And your poor neighbor boy. Or maybe poor you. He may be watching you with disgustingly…[Read more]
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy @winter-rose That probably is an introvert thing; see, as an extrovert, the way I see it is if I share my idea with someone and they don’t like it, that’s their problem. 😛 I mean, obviously I’m open to critique and if there’s actually something theologically or simply logically wrong with my idea, then I’ll give it up or change it.…[Read more]
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Hey, what happened? Did everyone get smart and go to bed? 😀
Well, I’m about to do that to, but before I go I thought of one more strange writer thing I do. When I’m studying for a big test, I put on my long black cape, step out into the back-yard after dark, turn on the bright, eerie back yard lights, and pace, pace, pace. Sometimes I even wear…[Read more]
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
As long as they aren’t in some way connected to the see, since there’s this shark that’s getting used to freshwater and swimming up the Mississippi… there was actually a shark attack in Lake Michigan once.
I meant sea. 😛 😉
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy Oh, c’mon. Have you ever read the Mandie books??? If not… you should. And you should also learn how to swim. *goes off to do some research about lakes around Hocking Hills*
@hope YES! You must come. We are going to have a blast… this year we actually took time to go to the gym and relate the scary dreams we’d recently had… it…[Read more]
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy Oh, c’mon. Have you ever read the Mandie books??? If not… you should. And you should also learn how to swim. *goes off to do some research about lakes around Hocking Hills*
@hope YES! You must come. We are going to have a blast… this year we actually took time to go to the gym and relate the scary dreams we’d recently had… it…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise @sleepwalkingMK TEST DRIVE! Yes, I love that song. All HTTYD songs get to me.
@daeus Well, that’s good. I’m glad its not too complex.
@kate-flournoy My brains not keeping up with all this, so I’m just going to insert myself here and hope for the best.Okay, so I have a talking-to-my-stuff example for you all. I was…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise @sleepwalkingMK TEST DRIVE! Yes, I love that song. All HTTYD songs get to me.
@deaus Well, that’s good. I’m glad its not too complex.
@kate-flournoy My brains not keeping up with all this, so I’m just going to insert myself here and hope for the best.Okay, so I have a talking-to-my-stuff example for you all. I was…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise @sleepwalkingMK TEST DRIVE! Yes, I love that song. All HTTYD songs get to me.
@deaus Well, that’s good. I’m glad its not too complex.
@kate-flournoy My brains not keeping up with all this, so I’m just going to insert myself here and hope for the best.Okay, so I have a talking-to-my-stuff example for you all. I was…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise @jess @daeus @kate-flournoy @sleepwalkingMK @hope
Seriously guys? I go away for a few hours and come back to 40 something emails? Give me a few hours and I’ll catch up, don’t worry. *coughs* Go on without me. *dies* -
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy Argh. Well… any good lakes by you? Maybe we can just kidnap you for the day sometime. 😀 (As long as they aren’t in some way connected to the see, since there’s this shark that’s getting used to freshwater and swimming up the Mississippi… there was actually a shark attack in Lake Michigan once. I’m not kidding. 😛 )
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@hope YES!! I love sinking to the bottom. At Quaker Haven, @anne-of-lothlorien and I would sink to the bottom and lay there very dramatically like that one character in literature somewhere whose name is currently eluding me… 😉 It’s also really cool to see how distorted the sun becomes. And then you’re just sitting there and a fish swims by……[Read more]
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy This we must fix.
@hope Next year for Quaker Haven I need you to go kidnap Kate and bring her to camp so we can help her overcome her fear of water, even if she doesn’t learn how to swim. That’s what life jackets are for. @anne-of-lothlorien can’t technically swim, but she’s great in the water with a life-jacket (and she’s getting…[Read more]
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@hope Oh yes! We can buy a secret camera, and then (since she doesn’t know what I look like) I can pay a visit to her cabins and install it! *goes off in insane laughter*
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy Oh yes, we’s loves dying preciousss. 😀
Have you ever stood on the edge of a dock, or a pool, and pretended you were shot or stabbed or hit by an arrow in the back and then fell in “dead”? It’s great fun! 😀
And yeah, you’ve got awesome opportunities for being crazy! I have to use the basement and generally keep my voice waaaaay…[Read more]
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@hope Did she ever doubt it? 😀
Wait, does this mean I’m banned from your car if we go to the writing conference next year?! *gasps*
Although mom said she might want to take me and then go shopping with your mom while we’re at the conference, so it might not be too much of a problem anyway… 😀
And I desperately want to try getting out of a…[Read more]
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@hope Did she ever doubt it? 😀
Wait, does this mean I’m banned from your car if we go to the writing conference next year?! *gasps*
Although mom said she might want to take me and then go shopping with your mom while we’re at the conference, so it might not be too much of a problem anyway… 😀
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy HA! 😀 😀 😀
I’ve never been to a chiropractor, but my mom was sledding once, and another boy thought it would be funny to try and run into her sled with his own… until he accidently hit her in the neck with his shoulder. I guess it really messed her back up, and when she went to the chiropractor and told her story, the cause for…[Read more]
- Load More
