-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic How Would One Write a Screenplay, Exactly? in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper Writing a script is one of the funnest things ever. One piece of advice: remember that you have to take everything into account, but DO NOT make it too complicated.
Okay. So, basically, part of it depends on who and what you have to work with. Are the actors seasoned? Are they going to understand what you want from them? How much…[Read more]
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic How Would One Write a Screenplay, Exactly? in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper Writing a script is one of the funnest things ever. One piece of advice: remember that you have to take everything into account, but DO NOT make it too complicated.
Okay. So, basically, part of it depends on who and what you have to work with. Are the actors seasoned? Are they going to understand what you want from them? How much…[Read more]
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic How Would One Write a Screenplay, Exactly? in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper Writing a script is one of the funnest things ever. One piece of advice: remember that you have to take everything into account, but DO NOT make it too complicated.
Okay. So, basically, part of it depends on who and what you have to work with. Are the actors seasoned? Are they going to understand what you want from them? How much…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@winter-rose I might be eating dinner soon, but I’ll join for a few minutes.
-
Snapper started the topic How Would One Write a Screenplay, Exactly? in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
I’m calling anyone who’s tried or has written scripts before. I’d like to try to write one, but I have no foundation. Would someone please give me any advice, tips and maybe an example of a script to get me going?
Thanks!
-Dragon Snapper-
@kate-flournoy @daeus @rolena-hatfield @Julia-r @corissa-maiden-of-praise @anne-of-lothlorien @bluejay @winte…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise CHA-CHING!
So, who else besides me, (this topic has taught me that I’m probably not the only one) reads, writes and thinks of everything as a movie. My books are movies, my writing are movies–which is one reason I have to have the perfect song for each scene–and when I imagine myself doing stuff, it’s a movie. And of…[Read more]
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic British beta-readers?? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
I’m afraid I don’t know anyone in England, but I do have some good friends in Scotland; I’m not sure if that would be close enough or not. If you can’t find anything better and want me to ask them about it, let me know. 🙂
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@emma-flournoy @kate-flournoy @anyoneelsewhowantstoguess
@anne-of-lothlorien told me to give you the following three hints:
1. The spelling does not change whether it’s a boy or girl.
2. The last syllable is close to her alias.
3. Marian was your closest guess.So there you have it! Happy guessing! (If you choose to guess anymore, of course. 😉 )
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
134 posts… wow. I do believe you’ve hit gold with this thread, @dragon-snapper. 😛 😀
@jess Quaker Haven is in Syracuse, IN. It’s really awesome- if anyone on here can ever come when we go, you’d be more than welcome. It’s generally the first or third week of August when we go, I believe. I’m sure I’ll mention it when we get there.…[Read more]
-
Julia R. posted an update 9 years, 11 months ago
Help!
So, like all of society, I’m a busy person. And when I do get free time, I don’t feel like writing, or I forget that writing is an option (gasp!) . Therefore, I have probably five unfinished novels on my computer, because when I look at them again, I forget exactly where I was going with my story, conversation, or characters. What should I…[Read more] -
Julia R. replied to the topic Panel Discussions in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 11 months ago
Boy. I haven’t been on in forever.
@daeus– I would give this a 8. It’s a cool idea! Bimonthly sounds great! Suggestion: maybe do the panel on a Tuesday or Thursday night. Everybody I’ve talked to (for other events) are always bored on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and everybody always has something else going on on Friday and Saturday nights. And a lot…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 11 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien VEGGIETALES!!! I got the reference to Larry the Cucumber. However, which episode is it from?
-
Snapper replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Agreed. No NANOWRIMO I’ll probably be doing one next summer, and hey, maybe we could both do it so we’re not alone?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Panel Discussions in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 11 months ago
@daeus Well, I don’t hate it, but it is not an option for me. I can’t do webinars, and as discussed in the Mind of a Writer, I hardly talk about my books. The Forum that exists is pretty much as far as I can go.
So, we wouldn’t have to do this thing, right? And also, the forum would remain the same? -
Snapper replied to the topic Panel Discussions in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 11 months ago
@daeus Well, I don’t hate it, but it is not an option for me. I can’t do webinars, and as discussed in the Mind of a Writer, I hardly talk about my books. The Forum that exists is pretty much as far as I can go.
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic Panel Discussions in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus at this point in my life… a 6. But once I finally get going on writing every day (hopefully in January) It would probably be a 9 or 10. 😉 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@daeus So glad you agree.
The criticism is probably going to be the worst part of writing for you and me, then. I take pain when people don’t like something. Of course, I could never let anyone know that, because then it would be a weakness to me. Can’t. Show. Them. Anything. -
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus I was pretty sure you were exaggerating, but it was too good an opportunity to tease you to pass up. 😉
And yes, that is really annoying. Or when they keep asking the same question… over… and over… and over. And it’s just like “I’ve already answered that a dozen times already! Do you need me to explain it in a different…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@daeus I hardly share my writing with anyone either. It must be an ENFJ thing. I mean, there are a few people, but I don’t like sharing it. I tend to be very paranoid in that way. You probably won’t hear much about my books on here. Sorry guys.
And I agree with pretty much everything you said about being introvertish. I’m right even if what I’m…[Read more] -
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Actually… I’m not doing NaNo this year. *hides from accusing glares* Sorry guys, it just didn’t work out. It almost never does in November, actually; I may have to do an unofficial NaNo a different month sometime. 😉
But I will be working on my college paper a lot Thanksgiving week; the topic I chose is The Antichrist, so it…[Read more]
- Load More

Well, 1st off, I suggest reading through your work to get the feel of it, then maybe read through any notes you took. That should get you warmed up.
2nd, you should remember how much fun it is to write, why you write. You seem to be lacking inspiration and/or motivation. Give yourself a little reward for writing something, like a little bit of…[Read more]
Hi Julia,
Five novels sounds like a lot. If you’re having trouble writing, you should probably shave it down to just one. Maybe you really really prefer jumping back and forth in-between novels, but, in that case, I would still only do two. Hopefully then you’ll be able to remember where you last where.
Your best motivation (and reminder) will…[Read more]