-
Snapper replied to the topic Coarse language in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
On similes using heaven and hell, I think its ok sparingly. The reason I say sparingly is because you don’t want to trivialize heaven and hell into a byword.
Here I must disagree with you, though I’m glad you agreed with me first off.
God specifically tells us not to swear by heaven or e…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Coarse language in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
On similes using heaven and hell, I think its ok sparingly. The reason I say sparingly is because you don’t want to trivialize heaven and hell into a byword.
Here I must disagree with you, though I’m glad you agreed with me first off.
God specifically tells us not to swear by heaven or earth. VERY S…[Read more] -
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Coarse language in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Also @daeus, there’s an old post floating around that Reagan wrote called Should you include Cussing in your story? I encourage you to go read it. I remember reading it when it first came out and it has stuck with me since.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper @daeus Great. 🙂
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Coarse language in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Great point @dragon-snapper, Though I may alright in reading it to an extent, (It’s why I am learning to be careful with what books I recommend on KP and write book reviews on) I know that some readers are highly sensitive, and causing them to stumble is the last thing we want to do.
Also, we must remember that we need to strive to glorify God…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus @bluejay @winter-rose Here I am!
-
BlueJay posted an update 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus I have come to the conclusion that I need trained sea creatures including a Barracuda, swordfish, sea horse, a mermaid and a merman.
Wow! I have destroying an hair style I had in my hair as I am editing. You’ve picked up on some (lots) of great points. And they’re making me think. Last night I was editing, and I suddenly stood up and acted…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Coarse language in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus Well, I don’t think that cursing or coarse language should be in a book, or in movies, or anywhere. I have a few reason that I’d like to point out (please keep in mind that I haven’t read much of the other points that people have made. )
1. When I read, words stand out to me. Each word has a meaning. So, the word stays in my head for…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Coarse language in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus Well, I don’t think that cursing or coarse language should be in a book, or in movies, or anywhere. I have a few reason that I’d like to point out (please keep in mind that I haven’t read any of the other points that people have made.
1. When I read, words stand out to me. Each word has a meaning. So, the word stays in my head for whatever…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose Great.
@perfectfifths I’m editing now. I don’t know quite when I’m going to stop. Feel free to join us. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose Great.
@perfectfifths I’m editing now. I don’t know quite when I’m going to stop. So feel free to going us. -
BlueJay replied to the topic So, um, "hi" guys in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@nataliemarie Welcome, welcome, welcome and er…welcome. 🙂
Oooo poetry. I’m just getting in to that. I’d love to read some *puppy dog eyes* please???????
Anyway, as Daeus said, this is the bestestist place on the interent, so enjoy your time here. 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic So, um, "hi" guys in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@natliemarie Welcome, welcome, welcome and er…welcome. 🙂
Oooo poetry. I’m just getting in to that. I’d love to read some *puppy dog eyes* please???????
Anyway, as Daeus said, this is the bestestist place on the interent, so enjoy your time here. 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@jess @overcomer @winter-rose @daeus @kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper @perfectfifths (I thought I’d introduce you to the bestestist forum on KP) @anyone I’ve forgotten.
I’m editing right now, is there anyone who wishes to join me?
@perfectfifths So how this works is you find someone who wishes to write with you and you set a time, i.e an hour. You…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@jess @overcomer @winter-rose @daeus @kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper @perfectfifths (I thought I’d introduce you to the bestestist forum on KP) @anyone I’ve forgotten.
I’m editing right now, is there anyone who wishes to join me?
@perfectfifths So how this works is you find someone who wishes to write with you and you set a time, i.e an hour. You…[Read more] -
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Coarse language in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
For me personally, I am not someone who is sensitive to language within a novel. It only bothers me if it is used too often and without a true purpose other than to shock a reader. In your case, as a reader of your book, I would not have a problem with it because you use it sparingly and only when you feel that you have a good reason. There have…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Is your unreleased quote from Rogue 1?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya That’s fine. I understand that it was an insanely long post. 😛
-
Julia R. replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths: sorry I’m a little late but welcome! Another music person! Perfect fifths are great. Unfortunately, I don’t have the privilege of living in Australia. I’m stuck in the good ol’ USA. Hearing about other countries always fascinates me. What is it like over there? Is it as pretty as everyone says?
-
Julia R. replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
“It’s okay to have dreams, as long as you don’t believe in them too much.”
Quote that!
That might be too easy. - Load More

Ha! That’s great, Tessa. Editing will never be boring, huh?
Absolutely. @daeus Do you want it back when I’ve finished or are you sick of it?
No, I’m not sick of it, but I’m fairly busy for a while, so I don’t think I could fit in a second run.
@daeus No worries. 🙂