-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Would all Ohioans please announce their presence? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
The Southern California girl cries silently in the corner, I wish I could go and see all of your beautiful faces. Why do you all have to live so far away???
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
I’m sick. Can people please be praying for my recovery? And praying that I don’t vomit either. Thank you in advance. 🙂 🙂 🙂
@perfectfifths, @kate-flournoy, @emma-flournoy, @daeus, @sarah-h, @spradlin, @overcomer, @winter-rose, @anyone & @everyone
Haha Isn’t it terrible for the doctor to be sick??? 😛 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
I’m sick. Can people please be praying for my recovery? And praying that I don’t vomit either. Thank you in advance. 🙂 🙂 🙂
@perfectfifths, @kate-flournoy, @emma-flournoy, @daeus, @sarah-h, @spradlin, @overcomer, @winter-rose, @anyone & @everyone -
Ingrid posted an update 9 years, 9 months ago
“Faith is not part of the Christian life, it’s the whole thing.”
~James MacDonald -
Christine Eaton posted an update 9 years, 9 months ago
I think one of my favorite times of day are those rare evenings when I am home alone. I can read, write, sing as loud as I want, or just study in silence with Andrew Peterson or the Gray Havens playing in the background. It is moments like these that humble me. I will never cease to be thankful for them.
-
Sounds like a fun evening. (When I’m home alone, that means I can play my violin as long and loud as I want. 😀 )
Definitely something to be thankful for.-
@emma-flournoy.
Last night was my cast party for Les Miserables and they finally announced the next show! Pray for me as I have auditions for Beauty and the Beast on Monday! *runs off to look up new monologues*
Anyway, I’d thought you’d like to know 🙂-
Wheee-haw!!! I’ll be praying, and tell me who you get! So exciting.
Is this some kind of famous play or musical, or is it something this college or whatever put together specifically?-
I’ll keep you updated for sure! I’m so excited. It’s going to be put on with the same group I did Les Miserables with, Alethia Christian Theater, and it consists of high school and college students. It’s not the Disney version or the musical and I think they are going full Hans Christian Anderson Version. The cool thing is the directors for this…[Read more]
-
Wow! That’s all so cool. 😀
-
-
-
-
-
*hyperventilates* So who’d you get? BELLE??
-
-
@emma-flournoy
I’M STILL WAITING FOR THE FREAKING CAST LIST!!!! AHHHHH!!! It’s “supposed” to come out today, (but it never comes the day they say :/ ) I probably won’t get Belle though, there are a lot of girls with way more talent than I who could play her. I did a cold read for a singing, drunk bandit and in all honesty, I would be perfectly…[Read more]-
But I was told I totally killed when I did my audition monologue, and that was really encouraging to hear. Especially since I wrote it and it’s nice to hear when they like both what you wrote and your acting. (my monologue gave me a lot of feelings actually because I wrote it as one of my characters)
I’ll let you know who I get when I find the…[Read more]
-
@emma-flournoy in case you are interested this is what I wrote and performed. One time I was practicing it and got so much into Beck’s head that I actually started shaking. I had to quit because I got so into it. Beck is probably one of my favorite character’s I’ve ever written (she’s based off of myself in a lot of ways) Anyway, here it is.…[Read more]
-
-
Oh my, apologies. 😀 I guess they wouldn’t let you know what you get the same day you auditioned, now would they. 😛
A singing drunk bandit…how LOVELY. 😛 A female bandit?
But yeah…I can see how that’d be fun.
-
-
-
-
@Christi-Eaton That’s awesome!! I can imagine people were impressed.
When you audition then, you do an act of your own choosing, AND you try one of their characters?Whew, I’d have liked to see you do that. 😀
-
@emma-flournoy
Yeah, it was a pretty intense monologue.And yes, we started with a basic audition of a one-minute monologue, and then afterwards we have call back where we are grouped with other actors to just cold read from the script.
-
Cool.
-
-
-
-
Greta replied to the topic Book Spine Poetry in the forum Poetry 9 years, 9 months ago
@spradlin
Oh, that would be so neat! I would totally enter a Book Spine Poetry Contest thingy. 😛 😉 -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yep! I’m exceedingly happy! I will not melt the chairs!
I wrote 732 words!!! YAYAYAYAYAY! I did not feel writer’s blocky.
How’d you do? -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yep! I’m exceedingly happy! I will not melt the chairs!
I wrote 732 words!!! YAYAYAYAYAY! I did not feel writer’s blocky. -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yep, still here. My muse though it might come back for this one. New ideas almost always work.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy @daeus I’ll be writing/planning.
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Catching Trout in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper, I’m no expert when it comes to first sentences, but I know a good one when I see it. It’s a good thing the theme of the month for January is exactly this topic. I have a good feeling my fellow writing team members will have some articles just for this.
My favorite first sentence so far has to be from The Rise and Fall of Mount…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Catching Trout in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@daeus Go to recent forum topics. There are two topics of this.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Catching Trout in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Ahh! How’d I make two of those? @daeus Are you able to delete the other one? 😛 Oops.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Catching Trout in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Ahh! How’d I make two of those? @daeus Are you able to delete the other one. 😛 Oops.
-
Snapper started the topic Catching Trout in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
This has nothing to do with catching trout. No, but it has to do with our hook. The first sentence, page, paragraph, chapter.
I’ve lost he fine art of coming up with a good hook, so, if you all have any tips, that would be most appreciated. In addition, if you have a book that has a great hook/starter sentence, then I would be glad to see those…[Read more] -
Snapper started the topic Catching Trout in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
This has nothing to do with catching trout. No, but it has to do with our hook. The first sentence, page, paragraph, chapter.
I’ve lost he fine art of coming up with a good hook, so, if you all have any tips, that would be most appreciated. In addition, if you have a book that has a great hook/starter sentence, then I would be glad to see those…[Read more] -
Snapper started the topic in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
This has nothing to do with catching trout. No, but it has to do with our hook. The first sentence, page, paragraph, chapter.
I’ve lost he fine art of coming up with a good hook, so, if you all have any tips, that would be most appreciated. In addition, if you have a book that has a great hook/starter sentence, then I would be glad to see those…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@daeus one last suggestion about the final sentence.
he is forced to confront everything he fights for shattered, everything he cherishes put to the test, and a long-hidden truth that will threaten his life.
I think that there should be a ‘being’ between ‘for’ and ‘shattered’. There needs to be some sort of verb there.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@daeus One quick note, where you say’ discovering a historic treasure, Matthew returns…”
You spelled Matthew with one ‘t’. -
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Help? Does this sound like a good idea? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 9 months ago
@howlingwolf I concur with what @kate-flournoy said. I really do think this has potential.
Good luck with it 🙂 - Load More

That’s a good one. 🙂