-
Greta replied to the topic Merry Christmas! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper
I haven’t been on here lately, but thank you all the same. Merry Christmas to you, as well! -
Greta replied to the topic British beta-readers?? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
Alrighty @hannah-krynicki. I am SO sorry about the long wait again. I sincerely hope I didn’t hold up your writing process. Why don’t you send me all your questions, I’ll answer the ones I can, and send the rest to my British friends? That is, assuming you still need the questions answered. 😀 Again, I’m SO sorry about the wait.
-
Greta replied to the topic Would all Ohioans please announce their presence? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Actually, wait…I just looked at the email you sent again @his-instrument. For some reason, I was thinking the Writer’s Gathering was on January 7. However, if it’s on the 21st, I might (just might) be able to make it. It’s about 1 hour and 30 minutes from where I live. Let me ask my mom and I’ll let you know. 😀
-
Greta replied to the topic Would all Ohioans please announce their presence? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
I’m SO sorry I haven’t responded to this until now @his-instrument! Ahh, I feel so bad. This past semester has been so crazy school-wise…It’s been insane. But that’s no excuse for not responding! I’m really sorry! Anyway, about the writing gathering…unfortunately, I don’t think I can make it. So sorry, and thanks so much for trying to…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@daeus, aww, so sad I missed the critiquing party. And may I just say A+ Rhett and Link on that Perspective video. 🙂 🙂 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
Oh yeah…heh. 😛 @daeus
Well, I kinda like the black and white idea, but I would be warned to make it readable. I don’t know what your thinking of, but what I have in my head is hard to read. And are you planning on keeping the guy in addition to the noose and the girl?? or would you loose one of them. All three of those would look cluttered. I…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@daeus If he is struggling with something, he could be pouring over a book on a desk, his head in his hands.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@daeus Just a thing about that guy (who I’m assuming is Edwin Brooke)…at first glance it looks as if he is holding an axe, not a cane. (or is it even a cane) And I also am not sure about all the faded letters in his face.
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
Also @daeus, a deep red might look cool in your name and title.
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@daeus I like it, I don’t have much to add outside of everyone else’s comments, I’d say just experiment with what they pointed out then bring it back for us to look at. 😉
-
Snapper replied to the topic Merry Christmas! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@rolena-hatfield I really enjoy getting together with family and spending time with them.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
Otherwise, @daeus I think it’s great!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@daeus Very good!
I have a few suggestions, though.
In the second sentence, you use the word ‘his’ quite a bit. Overly so.His dedication to his wronged family is powerful enough to bring him through any trial, but his youth and inexperience hold him back.
Maybe you could write it as: “Dedication to his wronged family can bring him…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Writing as a Christian in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin I’m hoping you’ll stick around. Maybe I’ll see some of your work published here (I’m hoping at least 🙂 ) We have tons of good stuff planned for the future, isn’t that right @daeus, I see you just barely managed to keep quiet earlier 😉
And you are right @brandon-miller, I should have remembered that, but look! you managed to…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Writing as a Christian in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy, You basically said everything I didn’t have time to write down 🙂
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Writing as a Christian in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin I suppose I’ll jump on this real quick. First of all, the main reason why you see articles around the same subject coming out at one time is because every year monthly themes are crafted and articles published in that month are written with the correlating topic, and I believe December’s theme is Religion and Spirituality. :)…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Writing as a Christian in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin I suppose I’ll jump on this real quick. First of all, the main reason why you see articles around the same subject coming out at one time is because every year monthly themes are crafted and articles published in that month are written with the correlating topic, and I believe December’s theme is Religion and Spirituality. :)…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy I agree 100% with you there 🙂
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy, I didn’t cry over it either, I can never seem to cry at books or movies (though there are times I wish I could) but I just kept thinking about it all day and analyzing it. Everything was perfect. Disney did a fantastic job on this one. @daeus, just drop everything you have planned today and go see it, then come back and let’s chat. 😉
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy I loved Rouge One so much! I was warned before seeing it that it was an emotional field day, and that was correct. The characters were fantastic and it blended so nicely between the other movies. — I want to go see it again.
- Load More
