-
Snapper replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Love it! That prompt about the villain just makes me laugh. Ah, if only… 😛
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Just saying, I’ve been reading through all of these and they are all amazing. Good job guys. @emma-flournoy, are you sure you are not a writer? You win at making some of these prompts. They are fantastic.
@kate-flournoy, If I have any to add I know where to come 🙂
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Just saying, I’ve been reading through all of these and they are all amazing. Good job guys. @emma-flournoy, are you sure you are not a writer? You win at making some of these prompts. They are fantastic.
@kate-flournoy, If I have any to add I know where to go.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Sam I am: Doom, Glitter, and Iphones in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 7 months ago
@winter-rose
First off, may I just say that I found this story very amusing!
For one, I agree with @ingridrd that the scene with his mom should be moved to another place. Perhaps after Sam’s tale and he comes home, the mom says “Start from the beginning”, and that would be the ending. -
Ingrid replied to the topic Sam I am: Doom, Glitter, and Iphones in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 7 months ago
@winter-rose
WOW. I noticed a few things about this.
1. The protagonist’s voice is hilarious. Don’t change a thing about Sam’s personality.
2. I think the first scene is really good, but I’m not sure it’s necessary for the story. Everything after Sam starts telling about his day is amazing, just maybe think about putting the scene with his mom in…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith Really? Wow, I didn’t know that! I wonder if he was thinking like Lewis when he came up with the idea of a time-travel book to be like Narnia (of course, Tolkien never intended it to be allegorical) I like the Hobbit better too, but that’s probably because it is my favorite book. 😛
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Rachelle's "Hello" in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@rachelle. Ahhh, a new person I haven’t met yet. Sorry I’m so late *hangs head in shame* I was very busy all weekend long… BUT WELCOME!!! I’m so glad to see you around here. Glad to hear Kingdom Pen’s name is floating around the Young Writer’s Workshop. (I stalk the Facebook group but I need to get involved over there more) Anyway, I’m glad you…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Fears of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith *shudders* I’d melt if my book was hidden beneath others.
@kate-flournoy Indeed. I’ve been trying for months to regain what I had been able to do before, write what I love, but I’ve been so caught up in trying to make it world-worthy that I’ve forgotten what I’m actually doing. I read through my old work, and in comparing it to…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Rachelle's "Hello" in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@rachelle Welcome to the land of the pen! Others may have beat me to it, but I never mind that to much. Ahem, welcome to the Bestistest place on the internets! 😛
Three novels! Woof…I’ve only written one, though I have written a half of another and enough one-page beginnings to make five chapters of beginnings. 😀
Again, welcome! -
Ingrid replied to the topic Critique, anyone? in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith
What are you trying to do? Make me cry my eyes out??? *blows nose and wipes away tears*
This is so simple but beautifully written. I did notice some spelling and punctation errors, but other than that, it’s really good. I see now from your post above what the “Condemned” sign means, but maybe you could make that a little clearer.…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith
Hiya! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internets! I have only one question to ask you…have you read the Lord of the Rings?… Oh, man…don’t even get me started on figuring out what to work next. I am in the midst of that predicament. Too many ideas. -
Snapper replied to the topic The Fears of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Wow…thanks. There seem to be more than I thought. 😛
-
Snapper started the topic The Fears of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Curiosity has overtaken me once again…*flashback to the Mind of a Writer* *gulps and dons protective cloak* Okay, I’m ready.
What, may I ask, A writer’s biggest fears? Any Fears, or what a writer finds courage in? It can be anything, tangible or intangible: writer’s block, failures or success, ladybugs? -
Ingrid replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith
*examining you closely through spectacles* Hmm…homeschooled. C.S. Lewis fan. Has a ton of siblings. *shrugs* I suppose we could put up with you. *gives you worlds biggest hug*
Hi!
I have learned so much from KP and I hope you have as much fun here as I have! Welcome! 🙂 😉 🙂 -
Ingrid posted an update 9 years, 7 months ago
If you feel like you’re drowning in life’s problems, don’t worry. Your life guard walks on water.
-
Ingrid changed their profile picture 9 years, 7 months ago
-
Ingrid changed their profile picture 9 years, 7 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@daeus I’m totally going to do something like that. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl Progress is always better than a step nowhere, right?
*bows* Glad to be of service. -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl I’ve finished my poem, and the editing of it, so I’m going to stop now. How’d you do?
- Load More

Oh that’s great. 🙂 I could stand to better remember it.
Such a great reminder!!!