-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Sorcerer guy in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus he was pretty much essential to the theme though, so I wouldn’t cut him without serious thought and a really good backup plan.
Which my brain tells me you already knew; of course, duh, but I figured I’d put it out there anyway. -
Snapper replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl Oh, yeah. I’m ENFJ, a protagonist, but I don’t really know anything more than that. 😛 I’m with @daeus , but they didn’t say anything about my wings. That, or they did and I didn’t even read it. 😛
Ooh, drawing! I like to draw too. Do you sketch, or do you do other things, like paints, or colored pencil? I prefer sketching, but I’m…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Sorcerer guy in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Well, at first I didn’t say anything because I thought that this was fantasy, but since it’s historical fiction, I’m having second thoughts.
Personally, I don’t prefer mysticism in stories, regardless of whether it is of a badguy or not. What @winter-rose said is true, that there are spiritual powers in the world, but I don’t necessarily…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Sorcerer guy in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus *chokes* True. True.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Graciegirl HEYYYYY! SOMEONE ELSE OBSESSED WITH MBTI! (On a scale of one to ten, how obsessed would you rate yourself? Unfortunately I think I’m a twelve. XD) And a fellow INFP to boot! And someone else who has spent three years building one fantasy world! And someone else who loves both Tolkien and Elizabeth Gaskell! (Have you read North &…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl Rats. They beat me to it. Ah, well.
Ahem. Welcome to the bestiestiestiestistest place ever!
I have just one question for you. Did you say John Flanagan. (that’s dangerous. Lots of people here like his books…including someone who’s name rhymes with Dragon Clapper) -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Perfectfiths So when is it being judged/winners announced/whatever that thing is called? 😉 Keep us posted–I want to know if you win. 😀
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
Hey, Gracie! So glad you could find this little haven of fellow lunatics! Sounds like you’ll fit right in here. (I mean that as a compliment 🙂 )
So what do you like to draw/paint? Water color or acrylic or something I’ve never heard of? And good thing you’re a Tolkien fan. We can get pretty engrossed sometimes. Just don’t bring up the subject of…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
Hey, Gracie! So glad you could find this little haven of fellow lunatics! Sounds like you’ll fit right in here. (I mean that as a compliment 🙂 )
So what do you like to draw/paint? Water color or acrylic or something I’ve never heard of? And good thing you’re a Tolkien fan. We can get pretty engrossed sometimes. Just don’t bring up the subject of…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Sorcerer guy in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Sorcerer guy in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus ooohhhh, this guy. Quite honestly he really didn’t bother me. He didn’t seem out of place in the historical fiction, which I think he would have if it had been a sorcerer in the common definition of the word. I just saw him as this really creepy guy who knows (or half guesses) things that are gonna happen (and really, did it take a genius…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@GabrielleMassman Thanks. 🙂
Do you mean the 2012 movie of the musical, with Russell Crowe as Javert (ugh)? I don’t know who Wolverine is; though I think somebody named Hugh Jackman did Jean Valjean in the 2012 one, so maybe it’s not the same one. I just thought the 2012 one is the only movie made of the musical.
I haven’t seen it. But I know the…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@daeus How could you be hungry with all that food I just gave you? 😀
Three chapters! That’s a lot!
Working on it, sorta. I was just trying to plan out my next attempt at a WIP, but it’s going terribly. Maybe I’ll work on the other for a bit. (of which I might switch a few things around) *smeagol voice* Nasty little muses. -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@GabrielleMassman Aaaand I looked up and read some more about Till We Have Faces and decided it couldn’t wait very long. I called and had it ordered to our local library today. 😀 So I’ll be reading it soon.
Which two movies do you like best? I know there are about a dozen…in a few weeks I’ll be watching the Liam Neeson/Geoffery Rush one with…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
😛 Thanks @daeus
@kate-flournoy @winter-rose @aella
I might as well get something productive done, so if anyone wants to write…you know the rest. 😛 -
Snapper changed their profile picture 9 years, 7 months ago
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@ClaireC How’d your pianoing go?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Sorcerer guy in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus Is this the cryptic vision guy from your book back?
If he’s not portrayed as good (or maybe even portrayed as not good?) I don’t see why it’d be a problem…I’m personally a little uncomfortable reading or watching anything having to do with the occult even if it is portrayed as bad, but that doesn’t mean it’s wrong to write someone who…[Read more]
-
Greta posted an update 9 years, 7 months ago
@christi-eaton
I forgot to mention before…Congratulations on being a superhero! You really deserved the recognition. 😀-
AWWWW! Thank you Greta! <3 You are super sweet. Sarah really made my day with that email. 🙂 (although she's the one who really should be winning the superhero title every month) 🙂
-
@christi-eaton
Sarah’s awesome, but you deserved it, too. 😀-
🙂
-
-
-
-
Mark Kamibaya changed their profile picture 9 years, 7 months ago
- Load More
