-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Perfectfifths (notice I got the f in there 🙂 ) Alas, I haven’t any suggestions, though I may yet so don’t write me off as completely unhelpful. 😉
Though here is something kind of abstract: Light as more of a physical thing than just sun derived. Light as something you can touch and hold, kind of like the memories in Inside Out. Something you…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal changed their profile picture 9 years, 7 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus um… not sure. I’ll have to check.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus it’s an MBTI thing. Eh dear… how to explain it. I’m still working on it myself, but as far as I’ve been able to tell so far it’s the functions resulting from the combination of the other functions— the four dominant functions reacting against each other together create shadow functions. I’ll get back to you when I understand it better. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@winter-rose @daeus @kate-flournoy @ethryndal @aella I’m writing for the usual amount of time, for anyone who wants to join.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Graciegirl *flings cape out with a dramatic swoosh* Never say never. I’m determined to master them if it’s the last thing I do. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Graciegirl I’m still working on the shadow functions, but I definitely agree. MBTI is amazingly thorough.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
By the way, I took the Enneagram test and am indeed Type 4, the Individualist.
Oh, and it also said my mental health was ‘above average’ which was frankly a bit of a surprise and a relief all at once. :’D
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
By the way, I took the Enneagram test and am indeed Type 4, the Individualist.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus yes it does. It explains the very core of you if you study it correctly, and the combinations of your different functions explain how you act when you’re stressed and why. It’s just something you have to deduce by yourself. 😉
Which, personally, I think is a plus… XD -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Aratrea well, I maintain the superior coolness of MBTI (it’s not a system, it’s a concept) *haughty sniff* but I have to admit that is pretty cool. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Aratrea COOL!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Graciegirl that’s actually fascinating and don’t worry AT ALL about writing long posts because we all do it. 😀
I haven’t looked into Enneagram yet… maybe I should. Because thisThrees with a strong four wing tend to be creative, introspective, private, subdued, intellectually oriented, and can sometimes be moody, arrogant and pretentious.
is…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper not usually, but I seem to be in a slump right now and I think it’s just because I’m so busy my brain is dead. I’ve been doing a ton of planning but by the time I get around to my writing time my brain is positively numb. *commiserates with you because she has no solution*
Actually maybe I do have a solution. I have noticed that…[Read more] -
Ethryndal replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper Ha! My problem is exactly the opposite. I plan WAY too much, if that’s even possible, and then my stories never end up getting buckled down because I keep changing things. Which is hilarious, because when I first started writing (2 years ago, to be exact) I literally knew NOTHING about writing, period, and didn’t plan at all.…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper Ha! My problem is exactly the opposite. I plan WAY too much, if that’s even possible, and then my stories never end up getting buckled down because I keep changing things. Which is hilarious, because when I first started writing (2 years ago, to be exact) I literally knew NOTHING about writing, period, and didn’t plan at all.…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@perfectfifths Phooey, I missed the f in your tag up there, and I didn’t even catch it. XD Do you know what your story’s going to be about yet? Besides light, I mean.
And I hope you don’t mind that I’m being nosy. I always like learning about other peoples writing endeavors. 😉
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@GracieGirl That’s funny, because I just started water-color too. I’ll always be more a pencil person myself, but I agree, the vagueness is great, though my love of it may stem from a less than worthy motivation: When you mess up, NO ONE KNOWS EXCEPT YOU. They say, “What’s this weird blob over here?” And you say, with a nonchalant shrug of your…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Heh, emojis! I used four! 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Well this topic died. 🙁 3 months…
@graciegirl If you and @kate-flournoy want to talk about your MBTI, that’s what most of this topic ended up being about. I know nothing about it, so I’ll just let you…yeah. 😀
So, to fire this old thing up again, does anyone ever NOT want to plan…or write…or do anything, and you just procrastinate…[Read more] - Load More
