-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Homework for Videos 6-8: Developing Character Arcs in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
Characteristic Moment: Protagonist finds herself in a position where the greater safety of a number of people is dependent upon her undertaking a perilous mission, but she doesn’t see the point in sacrificing herself for them because she sees most of humanity as selfish, cruel, or just plain unintelligent.
Mash #1: Her good friend tells her that…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Rolena-Hatfield yesss. A little large, but it worked. :’D
-
Snapper replied to the topic Anouncement in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@daeus *cheers* Hooray! That’s so exciting! Are self-publishing?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Ha! I just watched that! 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus ha! Well in my defense I didn’t come up with that particular prompt; it was provided for me. Still thought, that’s… ha. That’s funny.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus no, never. What’s it about?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy heh… most of those were actually inspired by other prompts, not original. Due to slight miscommunication I was not aware they were supposed to be entirely original… which is what this topic is for.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
As a matter of fact ladies and gents, would you mind adding to your prayers for the church song our oldest sister Elizabeth and I—we’re accompanying Kate with piano and violin, and though the pressure for us isn’t nearly as high as for her I still get extreeeemely nervous on stage. Trembling hands and all that aren’t the best when you’re trying…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
As a matter of fact ladies and gents, would you mind praying also for our oldest sister Elizabeth and I too for the church song—we’re accompanying Kate with piano and violin, and though the pressure for us isn’t nearly as high as for her I still get extreeeemely nervous on stage. Trembling hands and all that aren’t the best when you’re trying to…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
As a matter of fact ladies and gents, would you mind praying also for our oldest sister Elizabeth and I too for the church song—we’re accompanying Kate with piano and violin, and though the pressure for us isn’t nearly as high as for her I still get extreeeemely nervous on stage. Shaking hands and all that aren’t the best when you’re trying to…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Rolena-Hatfield Can I ask just how y’all come up with those prompts? I’ve heard some of the ones Kate’s been doing the graphics for, and they’re incredible! How do you think of them?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@ClaireC Me too. 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@ClaireC Me too.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
I just read Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis, guys (@GabrielleMassman 🙂 )—it’s really good. (I’m probably too late @Daeus but it’s on the shorter side. A little more than 300 pages.)
Its strength is mainly in the theme (and the foil characters for the MC are amazingly done), but there’s pretty good characterization too and it’s overall…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Sci-Fi, Dysopian-ish book. Anybody familiar with writing that? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 7 months ago
@Kayla-Joy hello! Welcome to KP, the bestistest place on the internet. 😉
While I haven’t written either dystopian or scifi (yet— I have a scifi/steampunk in the works 😉 ) I’d be willing to help all I can. Messaging here is just fine with me, that way others can chime in with their ideas and we can all have a huge brainstorming party. 😀
At…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
*flourish of trumpets* Hear ye, hear ye! My brave knights and princesses, gather ye round, for thy realm is in sore peril!
Okay… maybe not. 😉 *ahem* The fact of the matter is, I need your help on behalf of the KP staff. We’re working on a project and we want all you wonderful people to be involved. @Rolena-Hatfield and I are putting together…[Read more] -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Anouncement in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus THIS IS SO EXCITING!!! *explosions of glitter* Hooray for you!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@ClaireC Was It A Morning Like This?’… not sure who wrote it, but it was sung by a singer named Sandi Patti and it’s my grandma’s favorite. 😉
And sure, I’ll pray for you. 🙂
Thanks for praying @Ethryndal and @Sarah-H. I’ll let you know how it goes when we get there. 😉
-
Mark Kamibaya replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
I did an article on Valentine’s Day, modern romance, and true love.
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@bluejay, @sarah-h, @hope, @kate-flournoy, @daeus, @perfect-fifths.
This is a rather long term one, but I’ll have another update in about a month or two.
I’m currently studying for a grade 5 piano exam, coming up in April. I’ve never done a piano exam before, at all, for any grade, so some prayer would be nice. - Load More
