@alia
Active 6 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1253
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@alia That’s terrible. Hopefully she’ll recover. 🙂 *gives you a hug a comfort.* ** wishes I could do it in person**
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@alia That’s no good. What’s wrong with her? *will pray*
-
Sarah Spradlin replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@alia You’ve got it, girl! I am so sorry. 🙁 Pets are like family members.
-
Anne Swiftblade replied to the topic God Keeps in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
That is pretty @Alia 😉 I think the simplicity gives it a soft feeling 😛
If God keeps His eyes on the fallen of the world,
What right does the world have to say “No consequence”In this bit I think you should take out the “If” at the beginning and maybe add a “they are” between “say” and “NO”.
Other than that it looks great 😉
-
Jess replied to the topic God Keeps in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
That’s pretty @alia! 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Comics in the forum Art 10 years, 1 month ago
Hi, @Alia! I like comics, but have never written one. That’s cool that you do, though! I’m not sure I could do caricatures either, @kate-flournoy! I don’t know if I’ve actually ever attempted it. Something to try. 😉
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Comics in the forum Art 10 years, 1 month ago
Hi, @Alia! I have never written a comic strip in my life. That’s cool that you do, though! I’m not sure I could do caricatures either, @kate-flournoy! I don’t know if I’ve actually ever attempted it. Something to try. 😉
-
Sarah Hoven replied to the topic Comics in the forum Art 10 years, 1 month ago
@Alia I got into drawing comics a few years ago- and got out of it just as quickly ’cause I’m really bad at it. I’d love to see some of yours, if you want to post them. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Comics in the forum Art 10 years, 1 month ago
Comics as in how, @Alia? You mean caricatures/drawings/strips that tell stories? I have absolutely no problem with comics. I love them, if done right. But though I’m an artist, I have zero knack for caricatures. 😛 More’s the pity. I love making people laugh.
-
Snapper started the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hey, everyone!
I was just thinking about writing (granted, I’m always thinking about writing, but that’s beside the point). Why do we do it? Why do we want to put a bunch of words onto a page; make remixes of the Dictionary? What motivates us?
Writer’s Block, in my opinion, is just lack of motivation, so, I was thinking that each of us writers…[Read more] -
Snapper started the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hey, everyone!
I was just thinking about writing (granted, I’m always thinking about writing, but that’s beside the point). Why do we do it? Why do we want to put a bunch of words onto a page; make remixes of the Dictionary? What motivates us?
Writer’s Block, in my opinion, is just lack of motivation, so, I was thinking that each of us writers…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Need a Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Need a Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Need a Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@alia What about The Kidnapping? Or Stranded? Or…..*squeezes eyes shut* just go with the dragon. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Need a Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@alia What’s the central message of the story? What’s the major conflict? That should help me come up with ideas.
-
Anne Swiftblade replied to the topic Need a Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@alia, that sounds like a fascinating story line! I love the mix of history and future.
I also liked @dragon-snapper‘s title idea. It may not fit exactly but something along those lines would flow well with the second title.
Also keep the flow in mind when you get to naming the third book 😉
Oh yeah! My name’s Anne. Anne Swiftblade. Nice to…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Need a Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@alia
Maybe because the second book is called ‘The Choice’ (I’m guessing that in the book somebody has to choose something?) that the first book should be called ‘The Hunt’ (because they are hunting for the other organization.
Hope this helps!
-Dragon Snapper -
Ingrid replied to the topic Need a Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
Hello, @Alia! I don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure of meeting you yet. I’m Ingrid. 🙂 🙂 🙂
Oooo. I love the name. And I think that’s a great trilogy title.
So, you need a name for the individual books in the trilogy. I think I need just a bit more information before I begin giving you ideas (and mark my words, they may not be good ones. 😉 ) -
Ingrid replied to the topic Need a Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
Hello, @Alia! I don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure of meeting you yet. I’m Ingrid. 🙂
Oooo. I love the name. And I think that’s a great trilogy title.
So, you need a name for the individual books in the trilogy. I think I need just a bit more information before I begin giving you ideas (and mark my words, they may not be good ones. :)) - Load More
