@alia
Active 6 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1253
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia ‘Ello!
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel @alia @sam-kowal @dragon-snapper @catwing
Shalt thou join me in my heroic quest to write, yon Kapeefers? *swishes sword around*
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia I am back! You still around?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@sam-kowal Hi again! 😀
@alia Bye! (Queen of the house, eh?)
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia 😀 He’s so pleased! He even blew a flame that was longer than a candle flame!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia *nods* Writing as a teen usually involves getting distracted, doesn’t it? 😉
@dekreel Ten chapters? Ah…that’s a good question. Call it super-excitedness for the climax. Call it four years of writing? I almost never write short stories–those are what’s hard for me. Happy shopping! 😀
@sam-kowal XD Well…I doubt I’ll be able to post a…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper @dekreel 🙂 Usually I’m the complete opposite. The first page is easy for me, but the ending… AGGH
@dragon-snapper You are going to post the Kiwi story on here once its done, right? Cause I’m super hyped for it. And so is Stan, he wants a Kiwi still.
@alia Stan is my pet dragon.
*ahem*
He doesn’t like it when I call him a pet-…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia Hi hi and doubly hi! 😀 Whatcha working on?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hi, @alia! I’m still here 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily @sam-kowal @dragon-snapper @that_writer_girl_99 @alia @aislinn-mollisong
Well, I take pen in hand and am, once again, trying to tackle the KPA. I had to rewrite the entire first chapter! (Or at least what I had so far) Care to join me?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia @dragon-snapper @dekreel
It feels like a long time since I’ve been to the Corner
😀 Finally back tonight to work on this neverending story…
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong @dekreel @jane-maree @ethryndal (to hijack more threads? *facepalm* @alia @catwing @anyone else
I’m plotting. *hehehe* -
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Childhood Book in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia *gasp* The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin!!! I love that boooook!
@dekreel You know, surprisingly for the writer I am, I read so little. I really only read the Magic Tree House, but I love them. All of them!! They were great! And are, may I add. But yeah, I’ve always had a problem of not reading much. I’l admit I didn’t read the Chronicles…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Christmas Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia Sorry I didn’t reply sooner!
The line “Must tell the Jolly old elf” in particular should be longer. Maybe “I must report now to the Jolly old elf.”
In general, the more similar the poem lines in a poem are in terms of syllables, the more beautiful the poem as a whole will be. So maybe you could lengthen/shorten all your lines to the same…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Christmas Poem in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia This is cute! I like the story! I think you could tweak some of the lines, so they don’t sound too short and choppy, but other than that, it’s awesome 🙂
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Geekiest Xmas Song in the Universe in the forum Music 8 years, 10 months ago
@cindygreen I second that.
@alia Yeah, we’re trying at least.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia It’s going okay. It’s hard not to overuse verbs of being though! My teacher found billions! Personally I don’t find much wrong with verbs of being, but…. *shrug* 🙂
I love it when characters do that! It’s a good change! 😀
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic The Geekiest Xmas Song in the Universe in the forum Music 8 years, 10 months ago
@supermonkey42 Oh they are called droids , aren’t they? They are! I forgot and thought they were called “drones!” Alright, I’ll do that! Thanks!
@alia Thank you! What! You don’t like Harry Potter??
- Load More
