@alia
Active 6 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1253
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Tell your sister that I understand the problem, but from everything I’ve read with advice on writing that’s considered a very bad reason to kill a character. If you need to kill them off, have a good reason to do so. Don’t just do it because you can’t think of anything else to do. 😀
random marquis that Marguerite accidently d…
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Kay is offering death escape classes for the fictional. (Not really, I’m not talented enough o write that.) XP
@alia I am lucky.
@seekjustice Would they like classes. XD -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Thank you! Bless you! I will survive.
And think of the many great authors who didn’t kill characters in every novel. Even C.S. Lewis didn’t. He only killed characters in some of his books. Jane Austen, of course, but you don’t like her, so that’s not really a good argument.
Can’t you all think of any more?
@alia Thank you f…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Nevada is very far away from me. 🙂 I’m on the East Coast, and it’s nearly on the West Coast. However, I go out there in July or August every year to Lake Tahoe for a conference my law school holds there. *sits back and waits until I can breathe again* You seriously have a map of the US for us on KP? What do you do, put pins in it…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Well, I think writers like @rochellaine are an endangered species and should be protected at all costs. after all, what sort of writer does not like killing characters? We should make an effort to preserve those who don’t break our hearts with every book.
Oh cool! We have those in Australia too, but we don’t call them K-9.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia @seekjustice thanks!
@rochellaine Nope, I went back to Finding Secrets because Firebird was being difficult. I need to edit FS and start on the sequel anyway. 🙂 -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Yes, they would be. What I was saying is that the majority of her characters seem to get themselves killed, so rather than waiting till the book is done and just fading out of her charge like most writers’ characters do, they get suddenly cut off in the middle of the book.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Well, as @rochellaine said, they usually get out of my charge when they die. And I still have another book of pain and agony for (some) of them to live through…so I don’t know how they feel about reaching the end of this book.
Rochellaine, what’s a K-9 officer? *squints at map of USA which she has put on the wall since joining KP*…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia No! SeekJustice’s characters get “out of her charge” when she kills them!!!!
That would possibly be relieving for some, if they were Christians, I guess. Except characters aren’t real, so when they die, they just die. They can’t actually go to heaven.
@seekjustice Go ahead and defend yourself if you like. I’m just stating facts. 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
My novel. I’m getting very close to the end and getting a bit teary.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine @jenwriter17 @alia
Anyone around? I’m writing!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Clean Christian Music in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Cool. 🙂 what genres are those?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@catwing @ariel-ashira @alia are any of you on still?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine @alia @ariel-ashira @seekjustice @catwing
I popped over to inform you all that a little chibi girl was found at my doorstep and has decided to leave with me indefinitely. She is a friend much like Rochellaines Bobert and Sams Stan 😉Her name is Evie ( I think, for now anyway) and she’s a very shy little darling. She loves books,…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
No worries! I might see you later 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Hello? Anyone around? I’m writing! @alia @Rochellaine @jenwriter17 @ariel-ashira
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine @alia @ariel-ashira Anyone on writing? I think I can be on for about 45 minutes.
Rochellaine you were up pretty late last night, huh? 😉
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine @alia @ariel-ashira @seekjustice Anyone on? I’m at a fast-food place, so the internet or whatever is kinda slow, but I think I can chat for a while 🙂
- Load More
