@alia
Active 6 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1253
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia I might be on later, but I’m not sure. Will you be on tonight?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Okay, so the basic rundown is this:
1. Prologue to You’ll Never Be Alone: Lucie comes to meet her father who has been imprisoned for her whole life and takes him home to live with her.
2. The Way It Ought to Be (London) to The Trial: introduces the character of Carton and Charles is framed for treason by Mr Barsad.
3. Reflection to…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Have a good time at Newsies!!! *tries not to be toooo jealous*
That’s great news! Do you mean the musical or the book? I can attempt to explain it either way.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia And I had to take a break as well, because…housework. 🙂 I got to start reorganizing our library; fun stuff. 😛
But now, it’s my day to go see Newsies! So I have about half an hour and then I’ve got to get ready to go.
Are you still here? How’s it going now?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia My characters usually have a little bit of me in them, and a little bit of my brother, my sister, or my friend, or a random person I meet on the street. 🙂 But this particular character she was talking about actually has several very similar character traits to me, which are pretty obvious to my siblings when they read the story. I us…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Aaand, I’m back. 😛
Oh, that’s wonderful. 🙂 It’s amazing to realize that I have the power to save the lives of fictional people in a fictional world which exists at present only in the mind of a girl who lives quite far away from me, and whom I’ve never met.
*sits back and contemplates my impact on society* – that is – fictional…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@valtmy My problem isn’t infodumps as much as it is “bridge” sections. I don’t know if there’s an actual name for them, but they’re the parts where you go down in between the exciting passages and have to get the characters from one place to another. There are things that have to happen in between, so I can’t just skip the bridge and go on to t…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira Goodbye! 🙁
@valtmy Oh, okay. SeekJustice is in Australia, about sixteen hours ahead of me. Usually I stay up really late and talk with her at about 11:00-2:00 a.m. while it’s only lunch time for her. 😛 What are you working on right now?
@alia Hello! How’s it going? (I’m on and off right now too, since I’m watching my litt…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice @jenwriter17 @ariel-ashira @skredder @valtmy @alia I’m back! Is anyone else writing?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 @seekjustice @ariel-ashira @alia @valtmy Anyone on?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine @ariel-ashira @alia Anyone on? I’m writing/beta reading for a bit.
@ariel-ashira It kinda feels like KP is being abandoned, doesn’t it? 🙁
-
Jenna Terese started the topic Self-publishing in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 5 months ago
As some of you may know, I plan on self-publishing a novella this summer. If any of you have any advice about self-publishing, I’d greatly appreciate you sharing! Do self-published authors have to store books in their home and send them out when people order online? What site is best to publish on (I was looking at Lulu and I…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia I went ahead and did Mitch as well…hope you like him!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia I drew Joy for ya. She’s a cutie. 🙂 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira @alia @skredder @jenwriter17 @catwing Hi, I’m writing! Will anyone join me?
-
Jenna Terese posted a new activity comment 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Awesomeness! We have to celebrate all our accomplishments 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Trying to make me feel better? haha. 😛 Oh well, if I could actually think of things to write I could write the posts pretty easily. It’s coming up with topics that’s hard. I guess I’ll learn once I get more used to it.
Okay, happy writing! I’ve got to get going and go get myself gone. 😛 It’s late. (It must be late, if I’m feeli…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia Unfortunately, no. I am not having an easier time. 🙁 My novel and short stories have not progressed more than a few inches down the page over the past few days. I have great plans for them, however… 😛
By the way, how is it even possible to write two blog posts and start three more in a day?! I feel happy if I figure out how to wri…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia The barn raising scene is amazing, of course! It’s really funny, especially the expressions on the brothers’ faces, but the acrobatics are so cool! For lyrical songs I actually like the more upbeat ones, because they’re funnier. 😉 Sobbin’ Women, Bless Yore Beautiful Hide, and Goin’ Courtin are probably my favorites, but I do like Wo…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17 Well, apparently she likes Edelweiss, but nothing else. She says they’re boring. The reason, I believe, is that she likes songs from which she can tell the plot as they’re singing. Songs like in opera, where the people sing, “We must go and kill the king,” instead of, “isn’t it fun to always sing.” 😛
I like songs that you can si…[Read more]
- Load More
