@alia
Active 6 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1253
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Me too. Bye, everyone! 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia 😛
Oh, of course! But did you know it was originally a TV movie with Julie Andrews in the 50s? I love her version of it! Of course, as my brother and I said a couple of days ago, Julie could make anything sound beautiful. 😉 But Rodgers and Hammerstein were a wonderful team.
What’s your favorite song?
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia I usually don’t, but after I bombed on my last short story I wanted to do this one right.
@rochellaine Thanks! I quite like it, except for one little plot element.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia A short story. I actually planned it out completely this time. Character arcs, plot points, acts, the works!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia I have no idea what I just wrote. *covers face* *giggles*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I like writing about creepy forests, but I’m not sure if that’s helpful.
I think the forest depends on the mood of the story/characters. Are they frightened? Happy? Is it a forest like Mirkwood, or like Lothlorien? I could probably help a bit more with keeping it interesting if I knew that.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice You’re not savages? What a revelation!
Haha. 😛 I’m glad you are able to know the joys of roasted marshmallows.
@alia “In the deep shadows loomed an unnecessarily large bear. He loomed there because the best thing for bears to do is loom. Otherwise they would not be frightening. And it’s important for bears to be frig…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia @seekjustice @rochellaine *pops back in* *grabs the last of the roasted marshmallows* *vanishes into the night*
I might be on more later, I don’t know yet.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 @ariel-ashira Goodbye!
@seekjustice Interesting. That does sound similar, though I was thinking that she was chosen specifically, and not as a volunteer.
Haha, definitely. Your books contain many sobplots.
@alia Okay, go for it! 😀
I want roasted marshmallows. Give me roasted marshmallows. Now. 😛 SeekJustice do you have roas…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @seekjustice @alia Well, I’m gonna have to go now too. Usually I can divide my attention well, but the writers’ corner is distracting me right now. 😉 I have to go work on my SE contest entry. Bye! And don’t stay up too late 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Cool! Another subplot? Like…oh, I’m not going to guess. Just let me read it again once you finish the edits. 😉
@jenwriter17 Thank you!
@alia Well, I offered it to Ariel, but if she doesn’t want it, I’d love for you to write it! 🙂
@ariel-ashira How should I know?! I just made the prompt. It’s your job to come up with the…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia How beautiful and powerful!!! What is your middle name?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Oh, that meaning is even better!
@jenwriter17 Ariel is Hebrew for “lion of God” and Ashira is the Hebrew word for “I will sing”. My real name, Esther, is Persian and means “bright and shining star”. It specificaly refers to the morning star.
@seekjustice If I ever come to Australia I will sing “I Am Australian” for you, and you can l…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Well, Rochellaine is a mixture of the names Jeanne Crain and Rochelle Hudson, so I guess it just means that I like those two actresses. 😛 Anisa means Joy.
@ariel-ashira Here’s the prompt I made:

So, does it interest you at all? (I won’t be hurt if it doesn’t. 🙂 It’s all about inspiration.)
@alia Cool! I used to make a lot…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia @ariel-ashira @rochellaine @jenwriter17
Whew! I’m back, finally. How’s things going?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Welcome back! that’s really cool about the name meaning @rochellaine @ariel-ashira What do all your names mean? (either real or pen names, it doesn’t matter 😉 ) Mine in Welsh means ‘white phantom’ (O.O) and in Arabic ‘little bird.’
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 You guys and pinterest… 😀
@alia Do you know what Alia means in kazakh? It means “beauty, chosen one” and was the name of a couple famous kazakh female warriors. 🙂 Dont you love history… Oh, and Aslan means lion in kazakh.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @jenwriter17 @alia @seekjustice I am on for a little bit, researching ancient Kazakhstan. Anyone still on?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine I did find quite a few good ones (not retro/vintage though) I would link some for you to see, but they’re specifically for short hair and I know yours is long. Lucky 😉
Yeah there are some really good ones. Maybe once I get passed these writing deadlines, I’ll make some shorts stories for a lot of the others just for fun (including…[Read more]
- Load More
