@alia
Active 6 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1253
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
For some reason it didn’t show up in my email when you guys tagged me. And now I have that terrible I-am-late-and-missed-stuff feeling. 😀
I must say the battle cries around here change! From “Hi, Imma kapeefer!” to “Until we’re old and gray!” And where did knitting needles come from? I can hold my own against any knitter if I have my pen…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Alrighty, then! Enjoy your trip 🙂 And thank you for your prayers. <3
@rochellaine @alia @ariel-ashira
I actually probably won’t be on much at all starting Saturday til the following Thursday, cuz I’ll be out of town.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @jenwriter17 @ariel-ashira @alia
You guys seem to be the only ones on here regularly, so I’ll just tag you. I’m going away for the weekend on a Youth Camp, so I probably won’t be around to chat/write until (your) Monday (my)/Tuesday. Hope you guys have a good time (and I’ll be praying for your piano thing, Jen!)
Fare thee well 😀 *salutes*
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Oh, and Alia! That’s awesome, awesome news!
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 @alia @seekjustice @rochellaine Anyone on? I might have to leave anytime if my sister needs on.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 Well, I was gone anyway, on my conference call. 🙂 But I’m back now.
Okay, I didn’t have any great desire to see them, so with such a recommendation as that, I guess I don’t need to worry about it. 😛
Sadly, yes. KP is being abandoned. Remember when it used to say “Members active in the last 24 hours: 46” or something like tha…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Are you still on?
@alia That is terrific news! Truly awesome! 😀
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia @seekjustice @rochellaine @skredder @kaya-young @ariel-ashira Anyone on? I think I can be on a little, but I might have to leave any minute.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia That is terrific news! 😀 I welcome her into the Christian family. That is truly awesome! 😉
I’ll be on in about 15
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Okay, goodbye.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia That’s amazing! Praise God!
Are you writing now?
-
Rochellaine started the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Hello People!! We’re in need of a new Writers’ Corner again, so here it is! Writers’ Corner #17! 🙂
@jenwriter17 @alia @seekjustice @ariel-ashira @skredder (Is there anyone else who wanders around the deserted regions of the Kingdom of Pen anymore? 🙁 )
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia I actually have to go practice piano now, but I’ll be back in about 30-40 minutes 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia @rochellaine are you two still on?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Whoops! Was she locked in, or did she just decide she preferred being inside?
Last night it rained buckets and there was a flash flood. We had to rescue the rabbits from drowning, literally, since a river is now where their cage used to be, on the low ground in our backyard. They spent the night in our basement in an extra dog cage.
Do y…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia The Meet Me in St. Louis Celeste Holm was in is the 1966 tv remake. Is that really the one your mom likes? Most people only know the 1944 version with Judy Garland. (I have never heard of the ’66 version until now. The only versions I’d heard of were the ’44 version and the ’59 version with Jane Powell.
Oh, I haven’t seen Tom Saw…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Ginger Rogers is most famous for her work as Fred Astaire’s leading lady, but she is also known as an amazing comedienne and dramatic actress in her own right. Walter Pidgeon is one of the greatest male actors from the 40s and has been in lots of stuff. His most frequent partner was Greer Garson in a lot of drama films, but he’s also w…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Don’t worry about the Lesley Ann Warren version. I just recommended it because it’s another version and because the singing is pretty good, but I don’t really like the acting. I’ve just been watching clips and remembered that. If you want to see what it was like you can fine a lot of short clips of it on YouTube, but the Julie Andrews ve…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Oh, that is the one by Rodgers and Hammerstein. I just looked it up and it says for the 2013 adaption on Broadway they wrote a whole new book and added a few songs R&H had written separately to the score. So, it’s got a lot of the same songs, but it’s not quite the same musical.
I’m listening to it now, though, and you should listen t…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Hm, maybe we’re talking about two different ones. I don’t remember that song from the musical. The song when she gets transformed is “It’s Possible”. And that one’s actually very famous. Even my mom knows it, and she doesn’t know many Broadway songs. 😛
But you should definitely look the R&H Julie Andrews version up. There have been…[Read more]
- Load More
