@alia
Active 6 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1253
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Oh my! I will keep her and your family in my prayers.
-
Kaya Young started the topic Poetry in general in the forum Poetry 8 years, 4 months ago
I’ve been reading more poetry lately, and wondered what you all thought.
So…
What are your favorite poems?
What is your best advice for writing poetry?
Has anyone tried blackout poetry?
Feel free to share any poetry you have written!
@ingridrd @alia @rochellaine @ariella-newheart @jenwriter17 @ariel-ashira @daughteroftheking
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @jenwriter17 @seekjustice @alia Anybody on? I am researching.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira well, we can pick a genre and read a book of our choice from that genre (it doesn’t have to be the same one) and share fave quotes and writing tips we learned from the author.
Awesome, and I’d love to follow you too 😉My name is Jenna Terese on Pinterest, but if you can’t find me (I have the same profile pic there) then I can post a…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @catwing @ariel-ashira @alia @daughteroftheking @seekjustice @kaya-young @skredder
so, since I’m a spy on SE (😜), thought I’d share an idea that came to me: our guild master there wanted to set up a book club, but I told her I couldn’t do it because I didn’t think I’d be able to keep up. But what if we started one here? And we could…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia declare war? Well I’m on the forums there (barely really, I just went because friends from here were there and I wanted to talk to them; I haven’t brought myself to visit their Scribblers Station instead of Writers corner, and I probably won’t)
And you can definitely be old and grey with us without knowing how to knit or crochet…[Read more]
-
Leumeister replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Have you needed fortune cookie fortunes before? 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@skredder I doubt you’re still here, but if you are, I am. 🙂
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jess-penrose you said you were going to send me some things in passive voice?
@alia Yay for your friend!
@daughteroftheking AND OUR KEYBOARDS ARE DUSTY AND COVERED IN SPILLED DRINKS BECAUSE WE CAN BARELY SEE AND HAVE TO LEAN TOWARD THE SCREEN TO SEE WHAT WE ARE WRITING!!! AND WE HAVE GONE CRAZY OVER MISSSPELLED WORDS AND HOW THEY CHANGED THE…[Read more] -
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@kaya-young @rochellaine @ariel-ashira @alia @skredder @seekjustice @daughteroftheking
*bursts in on sugar rush* I HAVE NOT ABANDONED THIS KINGDOM! I HAVE READ MOST OF THE POSTS WHILE I WAS AWAY! I’M NOT ON SE YET!
*Stops to take a breathe* Hi IMMA KAPEEFER, Til I’m old and gray! We should combine them!
Sorry I’ve been hiding for editing. *cough*…[Read more] -
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia I’m hoping so.
-
Skredder replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia I’m not writing, but I am drawing one of my characters.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Just go to your local craft store and buy the sharpest pair of knitting needles you can find. You need not know how to knit with them as long as you are prepared to use them as weapons. Then put them in a safe place so that when you are old and grey and frail, with the rest of us, you can use the only weapons you are still strong enough t…[Read more]
-
Leumeister replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Worthless then. 😛 But a good name source.
Are you a writer when you use a chatbot’s built-in fortune cookie library as reference material, if not actually using the fortunes? 😛
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@skredder yeah crocheting works 😉
by the way, is it okay if I finish reading Seekjustice’s last part of her book and then read the rest of yours? It’s been taking me a really long time to finish Seekjustice’s, and I thought I’d finished her shorter part then get to your longer one.
Sorry I can’t be on right now 🙁
-
Grace H. replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Oh no!! xD Finding names is the worst for me, and is an excuse for why I don’t like creating a large cast of characters. Did the book end up being useful, though?
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 @rochellaine @ariel-ashira @alia @daughteroftheking
Well, I may have been a bit dramatic… 😉
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia @daughteroftheking Yes! YESSS! 😀
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 TIL WE’RE OLD AND GRAY AND MISSING TEETH AND OUR DRIVER’S LICENCES GET REVOKED BECAUSE WE CAN’T SEE OVER THE DASHBOARD ANYMORE!!!! BUT WE’LL STILL BE WRITING BECAUSE WE’RE KAPEEFERS!!!
@Alia You still here? -
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Guys…I can’t believe I actually did this 😛
@seekjustice @rochellaine @ariel-ashira @alia @kaya-young @ingridrd @skredder @daughteroftheking @everyone
If you agree with…[Read more]
- Load More
