@alia
Active 6 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1253
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Bye! I love Jonas so much! I’m currently rewriting the scene with Chessy and Jonas at the speedway and my love has been renewed 😀 I also love Jean. And names that start with J.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia I agree with Rochellaine, I think it could be hidden in a hill, or a riverbank or something like that. I’ve always wanted a house like the one that the Ingalls lived in, in I think, On the Banks of Plum Creek?
@rochellaine Well, I’m glad you think I did a good job. I do love a good redemption arc (my favourite thing to write ever!)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia I would picture it sort of like the sod shanties or dugouts from Little House on the Prairie. Those are like cottages, but they are a bit disguised.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Yes, like the Bible says, evil is thought good, and good is thought evil. 🙁 It’s quite possible for guys to be “cool” without being bad, but a lot of people don’t realize that. 😛
@seekjustice Quillon is really sweet. Forgive me, but even with his strength in protecting Sapphire I think he’s not quite as strong as Justice or Zac (…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
*pops head in* It might look like a tree, be covered in branches.
Or if there are big trees, inside of a tree with a staircase down. (Like in the Princess Bride. But maybe not a button. Instead it could have a branch you pull to open the door.)
Or it could be built in the side of a mountain with the entrance behind a bush. @alia
Good night!…[Read more] -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia But hopefully you’ll like him by the end 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Well, if the reactions of the other readers are to go on, you’ll probably hate him from the first 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira Yes, I think the term can be used as a sort of endearment, but I don’t think I was too harsh in my assessment. SeekJustice rather was. 😛 Since “bad” has been getting worse in modern society, what’s considered just a normal, cute and rule-bending guy, by non-Christians I would consider to be a pretty awful person, probably. Li…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Hi!
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Guys, I have my Dads tablet! @alia We are going to be driving through Denver, so if we are able to arrange it and you would like to, maybe we can meet for a few minutes. My email is imexinart@gmail.com if you want to talk there. I would love to meet you in person if it works with you!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice @rochellaine @catwing @alia @skredder @kaya-young @daughteroftheking Anyone on?
@seekjustice I meant to answer you last night, sorry. I don’t have an exact date for the release of my novella. I want to finish rewriting it this summer, but I want to research to see if there’s an ideal time of year to publish this genre.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 @catwing @seekjustice Hi guys! There were more delays, and now we are planning to leave in the morning, so I have some time tonight. And by the way, I am not taking a hiatus. Its more like a forced hiatus while I am on a trip and I will still use all my powers to find a tablet or something if I can. 😀
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@catwing @seekjustice @rochellaine @daughteroftheking @kaya-young @skredder @alia @ariel-ashira (just in case you can come 😉 )
I think I can be on for a bit, but I might have to leave any minute.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira @seekjustice @alia @dekreel @jenwriter17 @rochellaine @valtmy
The EXTREMELY loyal dragon is here to write, if anyone else wants to join. 😉
Or finish interrogating me. Idk which.
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice @alia @rochellaine @jenwriter17 @dekreel @kaya-young Is anyone on?
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice I hope you get to feeling better. I thought about you all day yesterday. BTW, do I get to read your book, or do you already have enough people or something?
@gh24682468999 Hi! I have not seen you for a while. Glad you popped in, even if I missed it.
@jenwriter17 BTW, the reason I have not finished reading your book is bec…[Read more]
-
valtmy started the topic Betas Wanted: QOD in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 4 months ago
Hey!
So I have finally completed the first three chapters of my WIP, Queen of Drama, which has turned into this strange political satire/romance novel parody thing, and I’m looking for beta readers.
Apart from suggestions to improve my writing, since this is a comedy, I will need my betas to let me know what specific lines and things they found…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Basically yes. Goodnight!
@gh24682468999 *double checks the tag is right*
My personal opinion is that they are spam followers, since they don’t usually come up on the lists of your followers, as you noticed. Basically, I think they’re robots and i usually just ignore them. 🙂
I haven’t seen you in a while. How’s things?
@rochellaine goodnight 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kdetvZPqqTzfuapzrNpwnHcoPkUuFVLkPaVl_BM6K-w/edit?usp=drivesdk
Hopefully that will work. You’ll probably have to request access.
I would say the difference is that an alpha reader reads a book as its being written or just after its been written, ie when its a first draft. I’m editing now, and when I’ve…[Read more]
- Load More
