@alia
Active 6 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1253
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Betas wanted! Apply here! I beg of you! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia Cool. Do you study Latin?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yes, I saw your website! Sorry I forgot to let you know. It looks great!
@alia Haha, yes. Getting distracted is very easy! Much easier than staying focused, actually. 😛
I guess I can ask you the question I usually ask SeekJustice: Have you been listening to anything interesting lately? 😉
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@rochellaine @alia so sorry I can’t join you right now…happy writing!
(I’m actually watching a World Cup game right now 😛 )
did you guys see my website?! (sorry I can’t remember who saw it and who didn’t) https://jennaterese.com/
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia Writing, and studying. Each is declaring it is more important, 😛 so I have to switch back and forth.
And searching for vinyl records of hymns by Jim Reeves… 😉
How about you?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia I guess so. 🙂 I may be on and off for a bit.
A few others who would be awake around this time would be @dekreel @catwing and @jenwriter17
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Betas wanted! Apply here! I beg of you! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia Yeah, that makes sense. Precium is a cool name. 🙂
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Betas wanted! Apply here! I beg of you! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia I will try to read it, but I will be busy so no promises! 😉
I read your first chapter and it’s really intriguing! I can’t wait to find out what happens next. I liked your poem thing at the top.
How do you pronounce Cium?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice Ah…no, I meant that I found the conversation hilarious. But then, I find almost every conversation we have here hilarious, so that’s nothing new. 😉
@alia I wouldn’t say they’re a full romance series. The first two books have absolutely no romance in them at all, since the series starts when she’s 14 and the series ends s…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
You find our flirting attempts hilarious???
Oh, I remember that 😀 It was the reason I added the second window scene 😛
True…still, I think it works. Maybe.
Yep, me too. And those memories tend to torment me forever. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice @alia Oh, this is hilarious. 😛
By the way, my go-to for flirting examples is always the Patty Fairfield series by Carolyn Wells. Wells writes flirtation so well!! Should I post an example for you? (by the way, I’ve never written flirting, so my plans for writing it are all theoretical. 😉 )
I just got distracted reading all our o…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
My predicament exactly. Except that I don’t have a lot of guy friends, so the guys I talk to tend to be casual acquaintances from youth group or friends of friends, which makes it even more awkward. when I talk to people I tend to tease them a lot, which is fine for girl friends, but as soon as its a guy then apparently you’re flirting with…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Betas wanted! Apply here! I beg of you! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia I’d love to read this part of your book (are you wanting us to leave comments?), but sadly due to busy life and other beta jobs, I won’t be able to read the whole thing. 🙁
tagging some more people for you @kaya-young @skredder @dekreel @dragon-snapper @ariel-ashira @catwing @daughteroftheking @kate-flournoy
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
I know right? on the rare occasions I do talk to a young man of a similar age to myself, I’ll say something and then internally go “Oh wait, was that flirting?? If so, I should probably stop because I’m terrible at it and this is super awkward…”
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia During the first book I got pretty annoyed with Chessy for falling for an unbeliever. That situation was resolved in the second book, and because I began to feel more sorry for Justice, (and because of the window scenes,) I didn’t mind them getting together. I really thought she was going to go for Zac more, though. I would have… 😛 We…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Fair enough. And yes, Enjolras is very much a noble character with a noble revolution, whereas Justice most definitely is not.
And yes, it would have been very interesting. I’m sure @rochellaine wishes I’d done it. 😀
haha… 😀 Can you imagine Justice saving rich people from the guillotine? 😛 Its not him.
@alia Okey dokey…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia Well, window scenes don’t mean as much to you as they do to me. 😉 I tell my sister, “If some guy ever asks you how to make me like him, tell him to talk to me through a window.” 😛 I don’t know, there’s just something really romantic about window scenes, to me. Mostly from the Patty Fairfield series.
@seekjustice I don’t know the ba…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia Let me repeat! I wasn’t trying to get anyone to ship anyone through the window scene. Also I’m still confused by Justice’s attempts to flirt with Chessy because all attempts for anyone to flirt with him in the first book met with zero success.
The amount of things that confuse me about my own book confuses me.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice I don’t think he needs to be a copy of another character. Like we discussed once, your characters are mix and matches of all the different characters from the original. So if the “glory of Enjolras” as you call it, doesn’t get fully portrayed in Justice, maybe some of it shows up in the other characters.
The characters that are e…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice @rochellaine @alia
Hey guys. I’m here now.
Ooh a discussion on SFI which I can actually participate in now…
- Load More
