@aella
Active 8 years, 8 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 160
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writing Music in the forum Music 11 years ago
Isn’t it great? It’s one of my favorite ‘kid’ movies and I’ve watched it a number of times. And the soundtrack is wonderful. 🙂
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic KP Staff in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
YAY! *confetti and balloons* *general party noise*
You guys are definitely awesome! Everything we ever need in a writing site. 🙂 Advice, stories, podcasts, t-shirts…. the list goes on. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Heavy Ending in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 11 years ago
Well… I thought of some really clever answers, but apparently Daeus and Rosey hacked into my brain and stole them before I had time to post. Oh well. It’s that the job was done that matters, not who did it.
*Sigh* I’m so noble.
😛 Good ideas, guys!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic KP Staff in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
This topic fell into oblivion way too quickly.
Come one, guys. We need everyone here. The staff are normal, everyday (well since they’re writers, I actually doubt there’s anything normal about them, and that is as it should be) people with insanely busy lives to live, and college classes to attend, and books to write, and schedules to keep, and…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Zombies and Vampires ~ Yeh or Bleh? in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
There ya go. Lovely, Daniel. Lovely.
-
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Heavy Ending in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 11 years ago
@Hope Yay! So glad I could help. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Zombies and Vampires ~ Yeh or Bleh? in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
By the way, who feels like celebrating? Let’s celebrate for a minute. Why? I have no idea. It just— let’s just celebrate.
You want a reason? Okay— because this is officially the longest topic on the forum.
What does that mean? And why is it cause to celebrate? Because either Christian writers enjoy debating about icky creatures for the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Zombies and Vampires ~ Yeh or Bleh? in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
Okay… I think I get what you’re saying.
Similar conclusions that others came to in this discussion. It is my conviction that I don’t wish to write about vampires and zombies. That’s the conviction God has brought me too and even though I know He has given good reasons for me not to write about them, (not all entirely written out in pre…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Heavy Ending in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 11 years ago
@writefury Bury his father before the fight…that is a really good idea. It would have to be a quick funeral, because the enemy is outside the city, but that would help cut down on the last chapter where there are already a few other events. The ‘mystery man’ is more of an ‘Aha’ moment, than a huge subplot, and if I move the funeral, then I can…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann and
Daeus are now friends 11 years ago -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic The Peleg Chronicles in the forum Book Discussions 11 years ago
Awesome! Someone actually went and read them! 😉 Glad you liked them, Jada. 🙂
Hmm… I’ve heard a lot of people say the geography and all was hard to follow. Maybe I had it a bit easier because mom read them out loud to our whole family, so we were able to kind of get the whole image together in our minds better.
Oded is so sweet and funny. I…[Read more] -
Rosey Mucklestone replied to the topic Heavy Ending in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 11 years ago
Maybe bury the father before the fight? That way it shows the cost first, then the resolution. Think HTTYD 2. Then it ends on a bittersweet note, but you get the bitter before the sweet.
With the mystery man… I don’t think I have enough details to properly recommend a good resolution to that. As far as putting it in place, maybe have everything…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Heavy Ending in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 11 years ago
@Daeus I know, the description is a bit vague, but the chapter isn’t good enough to post the whole thing at this point, though I might post part of it after my current correction is done if I still can’t figure out anything (hopefully I can).
Since the man turns out to be the father of another character, the mystery does need to be…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Zombies and Vampires ~ Yeh or Bleh? in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
Oh— okay. That makes sense. So you’re just condemning your own soul, and not going off and doing something that will affect someone else. Okay. Gotcha. (No, that was not sarcasm).
Oh… dear. Well… I think I gotcha there too. I can totally relate. Sometimes my thoughts get p-r-etty strange when I’m… shall we say… not in the best of moods. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
Sorry I abandoned this topic after starting it, guys… we’ve been very busy getting done with summer and welcoming a new baby into the house, and this topic just slipped my mind.
To address Emma (that’s the name of one of my sisters 🙂 )— I agree that it isn’t realistic to take a modern day character and give him a name that means something…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Heavy Ending in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 11 years ago
I shall divert mine astonishing mental capacities to the sticky issue. Fear not. I have not abandoned thee. But it may take awhile… 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Zombies and Vampires ~ Yeh or Bleh? in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
Ezra, I thought that a very intelligent (intelecjewel 😛 ) post for a tired, nitpicky person. You don’t seem to suffer from the malady that besets me— when I get tired and nitpicky, I can’t articulate my thoughts to save my life. Thankfully, it hasn’t come to that yet. Let’s hope it never will.
Yes. I agree with your post. I had… one point I…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann started the topic Heavy Ending in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 11 years ago
I’m having a problem arranging a few final, wrapping-up events at the end of one of my books, King’s Armor. For a quick summery, it is a fantasy which climaxes in a big battle. The MC’s father dies before the battle (with wounds from a previous fight). Also, there is somewhat of a mystery with one of MC’s friends in connection with a mysterious…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Heart-Stopping Moments in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
I’ve read the Hunger Games and enjoyed them…though they do paint a rather depressing picture of life without God, especially at the end.
Anyway (MORE SPOILERS), Prim’s death was probably the most shocking for me. It took me a little while to comprehend it. How can you just kill Prim? As a slightly random question, have you…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Heart-Stopping Moments in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 years ago
Oh yes, @kate-flournoy …Long white hands and fingers with a grip of steel, a sure sign it’s the Pimpernel. 🙂
- Load More
