@acancello
Active 1 year, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 842
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
WHYYY
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 3 months ago
Thank you for everything Whaley!! This means a lot <3
Both ways work well!! Whatever makes more sense to you; I’m just throwing random ideas to help you brainstorm
Ohhhh gotcha! Thanks XD
I think what Jonas was mentioning (please correct me if I’m wrong!) is before, there was some moral grayness and room for human variation, esp…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic How dark is too dark? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
lol i’m sorry for diverting the topic that was too random
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed lol poor guy
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic How dark is too dark? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
@theshadow lol yeah I don’t know who that is
but I do the same thing. Whenever my dad tells me about the latest sci-fi book he’s been reading, I decide I want to write a science-fiction AU of whatever my current work is.
Right now, that happens to be that TF2 fanfic I told you about, and all nine classes (ten if you count my fanmade one,…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
@keilah-h He’s needed counseling since he was a teenager🫠
and I’M SORRY. At least Leon is at the start of his redemption.
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
@acancello Hiiiii girlie!!! *hugs* 💖💖
Totally understand; you do what God has called you to do <3 And Happy Birthday!!!! And yessss, ughhhhhh, the humidity down here in the South is horrid🥵🔥
and I’m doing well! ‘Broken Shackles’, the sequel to ‘Freedom’s Fire’, is almost at 55k words, and mostly going smoothly!! Riker is breaking my heart, but…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic How dark is too dark? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
@theshadow that is a dark concept….
but honestly, I just agree with everyone else that as long as you’re not presenting a dark concept as positive or good, you can write it, as long as it doesn’t take too much of a toll on your mental health.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
but why does it have to be so sadddddddd whyyyyyyyyy
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed Riker, mister, this has gone beyond hugs. You now need serious counseling. I’m also about to call the character exploitation hotline on your author.
(JK I would never do that lol)
-
freedom replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 3 months ago
@rae that looks amazing!!!
and yes, I would love to hear it 💖
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @rae @mineralizedwritings @keilah-h @koshka @ellette_giselle @anyone-else
Anyone want a Riker scene? 👀
Fair warning…Riker is about to plunge into another dark place, and is about to separate himself from everyone that has ever loved him, until he literally comes to the end of himself, and thus this scene may cause some…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic How dark is too dark? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
If you want to show a sacrifice, I don’t think that’s inherently melodramatic 😊 It only becomes melodrama if you become blinded to story mechanics and the reader’s perspective in everything. Drama is fine as long as you can see everything from a bird’s eye view, and you seem to be a pretty practical person so far XD
-
whaley replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 3 months ago
I have to say, you are definitely improving your skills 👌
-
whaley replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 3 months ago
Really?!?!
Yep!! XD
Ooh, that’s a good point!!! My thought process was just that Kaden and Sevryn didn’t realize how the oath would affect them.
Both ways work well!! Whatever makes more sense to you; I’m just throwing random ideas to help you brainstorm 😉
Question…why is this a problem?
I think what Jonas was mention…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Hehe. They might find themselves dancing generically when they wake up too.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
I knooow it’s been vague, I’m sorry 😆 Teleportation just didn’t fit for him anymore. You guys deserve an explanation if I’m going to do this any longer.
Every person has a form called a lovedream, which is an exaggerated, fantastical version of their perceived identity. Or who they want to be. For example, Hugo’s lovedream looks lik…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic How dark is too dark? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Well…look at my novel!
It has several dark elements, like child abuse, child neglect/abandonment, murder, evil guys running the world, hatred, prison camps, etc.
But the reason these elements are in my story is because my story is an allegory about Light and Darkness, good and evil!
I think your story is fine (unless you’re…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 3 months ago
The greatest enjoyment I got from the prologue was the twist from ‘we’re doing this to save the baby’ to ‘what’s this baby doing here?’ That was great.
Really?!?! That’s awesome…I guess I’m keeping it now XD XD
You should think about how strong of an allegory you want. Once you say Jesus, all readers will know this is a Christian a…
- Load More
