The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 6,316 through 6,330 (of 6,581 total)
  • Author
    RAE
    @rae
      • Total Posts: 3560

@lightoverdarkness6

Oh my gosh rowing classes? Like canoeing?? That sounds so cool. Iā€™m glad youā€™ve been able to enjoy it now that youā€™re warming up to it!!

Actually, it’s much cooler than that! It’s the type you use for competitive sports. Some colleges do it, but I believe it’s mainly up here in New England. So far I’ve done sweeping, sculling, a single boat, a group of four and a group of eight. Want to try a double with one of the experienced rowers sometime, but haven’t gotten the chance yet.

ā€œGargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

Sara
      @savannah_grace2009
        • Total Posts: 2535

@lightoverdarkness6

Oof yess, Iā€™ve done that before too šŸ˜… But girlie if you ever feel the need to step away for a few weeks or however long you need, donā€™t be afraid to do that! Weā€™re always here for you but we understand that we all have lives outside of KP and sometimes taking a small break can be super beneficial šŸ«¶ And if not, thatā€™s great too!!

Aww thanks girliešŸ’—šŸ’—

I am hahaha, itā€™s okay though, the lack of sleep was worth the spiritual experiences I got to have šŸ˜“ Oh my gosh yes girl, that is so me šŸ˜­ This was like the one time that I didnā€™t get sick after camp

Yess for real! I always am like “well this sucks but it’s worth it” because I always grow SO MUCH CLOSER to God at camp!!

here I think you need this more than I do

You’re so generous XD XD thanks girl hahaha

Awwww girl, Iā€™m so sorryšŸ˜­ That sounds so rough. Several of my extended family members have dealt with mental illness and ADHD so Iā€™m relatively familiar with it. I want you to know that Iā€™m here for you and Iā€™m praying for you!! Youā€™re gonna get through this, girl. Donā€™t be afraid to reach out if you ever need anything! Love you ā¤

Thank you sooo much girl you have no idea how much that means to me!!!! Love you too Light!!!! <333

It helps that I’ve been growing closer to my family over the summer…going to public school kind of ruined my relationship with my family and I was so distant and just tired of people after a 9 hour day away from home! But God is good and now I’m going to counseling to help me deal with all my stress and emotions (scary, but oh well I’ll survive somehow)! And I’ve learned to trust my family again after a season of depression where I self-isolated and wouldn’t let anyone in…so praise God I am where I am today, even if it’s not perfect šŸ˜Ž

I’ve struggled with being lonely a lot since I don’t have that many close friends, but I realized that Jesus wants to and should be my bestie and I’m never alone!!! (now I have a guy best friend for realz…my guy Jesus!!!)

Iā€™m good!! Things are hectic and, like I said to Min, the craziness of being a teenage girl is sometimes overwhelming, but Iā€™m getting through it!! Iā€™m so grateful to have such amazing friends like yā€™all and aĀ  wonderful supportive family, as well as a Father in heaven who loves each of us. šŸ„°

I havenā€™t had time to write much, but hopefully I will soon XD Iā€™ll keep yā€™all updated!!

Aww yes I know…being a teenage girl can be sooooo hard and mentally draining!!! and yes PREACH sister!!! <3

I don’t think I’ve ever read abt your WIP before…so please do tag me if you ever post any of it!!!

Lukas&Livia
        #Lalbert
        Sef&Chase
        #HOTTOLINE
        LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

freedom
        @freed_and_redeemed
          • Total Posts: 658

@lightoverdarkness6 LIGHHTTTTTTTTTTT *TACKLE HUG* šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ’–

GIRL, GIRL, GIRLLLLLLLL!!!! I’VE MISSED YOU SO MUCHHHHHHHšŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ’–šŸ’– I’m SOOOOO happy to hear you’re doing well though!!!!

AND TYYYYYYYYYY. I’M sooooo EXCITED for the release of Freedom’s Fire šŸ¤©šŸ¤©šŸ¤©

It’s been good. Busy, but good!! Had more time with extended family lately which has been a blast. Started an Instagram for all writing things and had a lot of fun with that, been doing a babysitting/first aid course, going to get my learner’s permit come August, getting braces at the end of this month, been beta reading the 2nd book of a fav author of mine, I’ve added about 20k words to Broken Shackles since June (coming to the end of itttttttšŸ¤©šŸ¤©šŸ„³šŸ„³ well, I’ll be adding and taking away once I get to the editing stage, but that’s how it goes XXD). So yeah! Busy busy!!!

and yessssssss, Aragorn is my fav. XXD Followed by Faramir. And it was sooo much fun and so cool that I and @mineralizedwritings ended up doing it at the same timešŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ’– We didn’t plan on that btw, it just happenedšŸ˜‚

And I’m looking forward to the upcoming school year. Doing my first homeschool co-op and planning on doing performing arts which I’m really looking forward to. Kinda looking forward to everything tbh!!! (with the exception of Algebra 2 and American LiteraturešŸ™ƒ)

What is strength?
          Strength, my son, is being who God has called you to be.

MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings
            • Total Posts: 2973

@lightoverdarkness6

Aww tysm!! Hahaha yes, slowly getting therešŸ˜“

Oh my goodness Iā€™m so sorry girl šŸ„ŗ That sounds so scary!! Iā€™m always here if you ever need anything. My grandparents yesterday were actually just talking about when my uncle had Lyme disease when he was a teenager and the doctors gave him an antibiotic that cured him.

Thank you, yeah it actually is really scary.

Keep me updated on how youā€™re doing!!! Do you think you were bitten by a tick?

I will thanks! We have no idea, I’ve been sick since I was a baby. It’s been almost manageable for the past years, but there’s no way I could go to school and be healthy with it. I’ve been to countless doctor’s before (Some believed me and couldn’t help me, others thought I was making it up) but none of them could really help. The doctor I’m working with now is used to dealing with the illnesses traditional healthcare isn’t well trained to recognize, so yeah.

*sending tons of virtual hugs*

Thank you! I need those virtual hugs more than you know < 3

Praying for you, girl ā¤ You will get through this, I promise.

Oh my goodness thatā€™s awesome girl!!! *big hug* You totally deserve it, youā€™re amazing at every kind of art there is!! Digital art is so cool and I know youā€™re gonna do great things with it.

XD thanks girl

Iā€™d love to see some of your artwork whenever you share some!! And yeaaah I completely get that. Timing is so hard to figure out, especially when youā€™re a perfectionist. Thatā€™s one reason I canā€™t ever find time to draw, because I take like 5 hours trying to fix one feature of a face or smh šŸ˜­ I would love to draw and create comics thoughšŸ˜

Yeah I’m pretty sure I’ve posted some in the art forum, I’ll start tagging you again for it! XD yeah, perfectionism is our greatest enemy.

And oh my gosh yess!!! Iā€™ve actually already read LOTR and I agree, itā€™s amazing!!!!! I definitely need to read it again soon. Who was your favorite character? I think I can already tell whoā€™sĀ @freed_and_redeemedĀ was, judging by her pfp šŸ˜‚šŸ¤­

That’s such a hard question!!

Oh also, I must brag here that as soon as I knew Freedom was reading it I knew her fav was going to be Aragorn XD

Well, I love tragic stories, so I really resonate with Boromir. I like both Boromir and Farimir, but I like Borimir because I get this sense that he was just trying so hard in life, but was becoming so lost, and it led to his death. I wish we could have known him a little better before he died. What is your favorite?

Iā€™m doing good!! Trying to figure out all the emotions and craziness of being a teenager, but ultimately, Iā€™m doing well :)) Iā€™ve been able to grow closer to my family lately and Iā€™m so grateful for that, because about a month ago things werenā€™t doing so hot šŸ˜…

XD yeah being a teenager is craaaazy sometimes. That’s super great. Family is really important, and I’m really happy for you with that.

I am still really enjoying summer, and yes even though school starting back is always that ominous deadline around the corner, Iā€™m not dreading it too much! Well, except maybe math šŸ˜ I love fall and the seasons that come with school starting, so thatā€™s probably one reason why. And Iā€™m homeschooled, so school really isnā€™t a chore for me (again, except for math) and I get to spend time with my family and I love that <33

Ok math is just different. I used to like math but Algebra two was just blech. Yes! Fall is so lovely, and is it not like the most aesthetic season there is? Idk why, but I find the whole cycle of the leaves dyeing and falling, then regrowing in spring to be like… somehow poetic? And very beautiful.

I havenā€™t written in who knows how long though, but maybe when school starts back Iā€™ll get some motivationšŸ˜‚

XD well tag me when you do.

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

Ellette Giselle
            @ellette-giselle
              • Total Posts: 1097

@lightoverdarkness6

Howdy Light! I can’t remember if we’ve met, but welcome back!!

I’m excited to see some of your stuff, so tag me if you post anything!

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. ā€œā€¦Iā€™m home.ā€

RAE
              @rae

@keilah-h

I randomly found this somewhere and thought you’d like to see it

XD

RAE
                @rae

I love Anakin, as Darth Vader or not, he’s the best Star Wars character of all time, followed closely by all the clones.

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h
                    • Total Posts: 4732

@rae ppffffft that’s funny

IKR Anakin is awesome.

Who’s your favorite clone? The Bad Batch all jointly hold my top spot lol

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Esther
                    @esther-c
                      • Total Posts: 3428

@lightoverdarkness6

*squeals* So good to seeā€”er, hear?ā€”um, talk? to you again!!! šŸ˜‚

Oh yes, I understand the busyness. Our summer has also been purty busy. šŸ˜¬ But itā€™s been so good. I have a summer job and between the times Iā€™m working I was able to babysit for our old youth pastorā€™s son. šŸ˜Š

Our church also had VBS a few weeks ago and I was the counselor for the kindergarteners! They wereā€¦. kind of dramatic and very energetic, but they were so much fun! It was cool to see how the Bible stories provoked questions from the kiddos and how they loved singing and dancing to the songs since most, if not all, of the kids I was working with were unchurched. <3

Volleyball is pretty much in full swing now, at least practice-wise. Our first game is in less than a month!! šŸ˜± But Iā€™m literally so excited. I made varsity(!!!!!!!) and our team dynamics are looking really good already. Weā€™re working on some technical stuff on the court, but I think weā€™ll be a really strong team this year. šŸ˜Ž

Youth camp sounds like so much fun!! Iā€™ve made some great memories at church camp! šŸ˜Š Glad you had a good time!!

Writing wise I was able to finish the first draft of my summer project this month!! From that project I think Iā€™ve discovered that YA contemporary fiction is my niche genre! After discovering that, my mindā€™s been churning with lots of new ideas. I really want to bring strong fiction thatā€™s full of hope and truth, shining light into the darkness, but is also enjoyable to read. Thereā€™s a lot of junk in the YA and contemporary genre and I really want to give our generation stories that point them to hope and truth without being cheesy or preachy. āœØ

Besides camp, how are you?? How has your summer been? šŸ’•

Write what should not be forgotten. ā€” Isabel Allende

RAE
                      @rae

@keilah-h

Idk…I’ve always been fond of Rex, but my top clone rotates between Heavy, the Bad Batch, Fives, Cody, and Commander Wolff mostly.

Hold on a minute…does Anakin even know what ‘cheese’ is? If someone actually asked him to say cheese would he know what that meant? Or would it be more like *very visible confusion*

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h
                          • Total Posts: 4732

@rae I have no idea. I would assume cheese exists in the Star Wars universe but they don’t use it as an expression

also, great choices lol.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Light
                          @lightoverdarkness6
                            • Total Posts: 1643

@grcr

Awww I’ve missed you too girl!! <33 How’s your art going? šŸ˜

Iā€™ve been ok. Alive and, well, just living lol. Slowly progressing on everything. My sister and I may be auditioning for our first play next week though! Weā€™re really excited for that, even though weā€™re just hoping to be in the ensembleā€¦ nothing too major lol. also, my brain decided to quit on me. šŸ˜‘

I completely understand that girl!. *extra big hug* Oh my goodness, that’s so exciting!! Are you doing it for your school or something else? (can’t remember if you’re homeschooled or not šŸ˜­) I’ll be praying for you and your sister!! Y’all will do great. oh noooo I hate it when my brain quits on me, especially when I need it most hahaha šŸ˜­šŸ˜‚ *big hug*

You too girl!!! šŸ’–šŸ’– Love youu!!

@rae

Actually, itā€™s much cooler than that! Itā€™s the type you use for competitive sports. Some colleges do it, but I believe itā€™s mainly up here in New England. So far Iā€™ve done sweeping, sculling, a single boat, a group of four and a group of eight. Want to try a double with one of the experienced rowers sometime, but havenā€™t gotten the chance yet

Oh my gosh girl!!! That is sooooo cool!!! I literally love that so much. You’ll have to keep me updated on how it goes!!

Btw have you seen The Boys In The Boat? You talking about your competitive rowing reminded me of it. It’s about the story of the University of Washington’s rowing team and their journey to try and make it intoĀ  the 1936 Olympics. It’s amazing, I saw it in the theaters with my family this past December and it’s for free on Prime Video now!

#HugRikerSquad

Light
                            @lightoverdarkness6
                              • Total Posts: 1643

@savannah_grace2009

Ofc šŸ’—šŸ’—

Yess for real! I always am like ā€œwell this sucks but itā€™s worth itā€ because I always grow SO MUCH CLOSER to God at camp!!

YESS!!! Samee here.

Youā€™re so generous XD XD thanks girl hahaha

XDXD you’re so welcome girl

Thank you sooo much girl you have no idea how much that means to me!!!! Love you too Light!!!! <333

Oh girl of course!!!! šŸ«¶šŸ«¶šŸ«¶

It helps that Iā€™ve been growing closer to my family over the summerā€¦going to public school kind of ruined my relationship with my family and I was so distant and just tired of people after a 9 hour day away from home! But God is good and now Iā€™m going to counseling to help me deal with all my stress and emotions (scary, but oh well Iā€™ll survive somehow)! And Iā€™ve learned to trust my family again after a season of depression where I self-isolated and wouldnā€™t let anyone inā€¦so praise God I am where I am today, even if itā€™s not perfect šŸ˜Ž

Aww girl I am so sorry, I can’t even imagine how hard that must be!!! You’re so strong for going through that and I promise, everything will turn out the way it’s meant to!! Our Heavenly Father has a wonderful plan of happiness for us, and the trials and challenges we face now will seem like nothing when we return to Him and have eternal joy and peace and love. It’ll all be okay ā¤ Love you girl!!

Iā€™ve struggled with being lonely a lot since I donā€™t have that many close friends, but I realized that Jesus wants to and should be my bestie and Iā€™m never alone!!! (now I have a guy best friend for realzā€¦my guy Jesus!!!)

I understand thatšŸ„ŗ I wish I could meet you in person, I feel like we would be instant besties!!!! šŸ„°šŸ„° I’ve struggled with feeling that way too, but YES!!! Exactlyyy, Jesus is the bestiest bestie we could ask forā¤ā¤

Aww yes I knowā€¦being a teenage girl can be sooooo hard and mentally draining!!! and yes PREACH sister!!! <3

It really can be!!! But I know it’s gonna be so worth it!! Awww hahaha <33

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever read abt your WIP beforeā€¦so please do tag me if you ever post any of it!!!

Oh I sure will girl!! I haven’t really posted anything about my WIP lately because it’s undergoing serious renovation (XD) but when I get it figured out I will definitely tag you!!! <333

#HugRikerSquad

Ellette Giselle
                              @ellette-giselle
                                • Total Posts: 1097

@lightoverdarkness6 @rae

Btw have you seen The Boys In The Boat

I was literally just about to ask that! lol.

That movie was so good!

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. ā€œā€¦Iā€™m home.ā€

Sara
                                @savannah_grace2009
                                  • Total Posts: 2535

@lightoverdarkness6

Aww girl I am so sorry, I canā€™t even imagine how hard that must be!!! Youā€™re so strong for going through that and I promise, everything will turn out the way itā€™s meant to!! Our Heavenly Father has a wonderful plan of happiness for us, and the trials and challenges we face now will seem like nothing when we return to Him and have eternal joy and peace and love. Itā€™ll all be okay ā¤ Love you girl!!

Aww thank you!!!! Yes, His plan always seems to work out better than I could ever imagine! (yet somehow I still think my plans work better sometimes…I’m a slow learneršŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø) Love you too!!! <333

I understand thatšŸ„ŗ I wish I could meet you in person, I feel like we would be instant besties!!!! šŸ„°šŸ„° Iā€™ve struggled with feeling that way too, but YES!!! Exactlyyy, Jesus is the bestiest bestie we could ask forā¤ā¤

Aww girl you’re so sweet, I feel the same way!

Oh I sure will girl!! I havenā€™t really posted anything about my WIP lately because itā€™s undergoing serious renovation (XD) but when I get it figured out I will definitely tag you!!! <333

I feel that…I am doing serious renovations too!!! would you like to be tagged for mine as well? (I’m leaving KP temporarily until Christmas but you can still follow my WIP and look at it if you want!)

Lukas&Livia
                                  #Lalbert
                                  Sef&Chase
                                  #HOTTOLINE
                                  LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Viewing 15 posts - 6,316 through 6,330 (of 6,581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >