The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 5,941 through 5,955 (of 5,980 total)
  • Author
    Ellette Giselle
    @ellette-giselle
      • Total Posts: 145

@rae

Hello, someone tagged me yesterday and it went to this chatline, but now I can’t find out who tagged me. lol. I’ve been reading this last page and this looks interesting! Ya mind if I join y’all? If y’all want me, what goes on over here on this chatline?

RAE
      @rae
        • Total Posts: 3246

@ellette-Giselle

So there’s this unwritten rule on KP about joining new topics, and it basically goes like this, “Pop in wherever you want”. If you want to join the conversation, you just do. If you feel bad about it, don’t, because everyone does it too.

I understand the feeling, like you’re barging into a stranger’s house when you’re new here, but the truth is, it’s more like coming into a friend’s house you’ve never been in before. You’ll get used to it.

If you don’t understand what the topic is about, read the first post/page. This one is for whatever stuff we want to talk about. Scenes, life, really whatever.

#Chef
        #Silfair
        #Callyn
        #Almerald
        #HugRikerandHanssquad
        #HugLeontoo

Ellette Giselle
        @ellette-giselle

@rae

I understand the feeling, like you’re barging into a stranger’s house when you’re new here,

YES!!!! Or also when you step into a room of people and see a group who are obvoiusly all friends and all know each other, and they are talking and having a good time, and you like, “i would really like to join them, but I also don’t know them and I’m the new person and they all know each other….”

it’s more like coming into a friend’s house you’ve never been in before. You’ll get used to it.

aw, that’s super sweet of you to say that!

This one is for whatever stuff we want to talk about. Scenes, life, really whatever.

oooo, sounds great!!!

freedom
          @freed_and_redeemed
            • Total Posts: 482

@estelle-giselle Yes, exactly what Rae said!!🥰 Plus, we’re all chill here. we barge into each other’s conversations all the time; it’s alright😂 I’ve been on KP for 2 years (technically; I deleted my account a few months back and created a new one after taking a very short break (and apparently breaking everyone, whooopsssssss))

and the person tagging you was probably me and the Riker scene I posted on the previous page of this forum topic, haha XD

author_katelyn_douglas on Instagram
            Freedom's Fire set to release Summer 2024

freedom
            @freed_and_redeemed

I can never get your tag right apparently 🤦🏻‍♀️

@ellette-giselle

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

freedom
              @freed_and_redeemed

@savannah_grace2009

WHYYY

Heh

Heh

Hehhhhhhh

@rae

*offers several boxes of tissues*

Sara
                @savannah_grace2009
                  • Total Posts: 2238

@freed_and_redeemed

I mean like I’m one to talk… XD

I’m surprised no one’s called the Character Exploitation Hotline on me yet…

Lukas&Livia
                  #Lalbert
                  Sef&Chase
                  #HOTTOLINE
                  LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

freedom
                  @freed_and_redeemed

@savannah_grace2009 @rae @mineralizedwritings @koshka @keilah-h @highscribeofaetherium @grcr @anyone-else-idk-lol-XD

Since I showed y’all where Riker is, here’s the most recent Leon scene👀

‘And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.’

Tears burned Leon’s eyes behind his eyelids.

Aadelheide’s favorite verse, one she said almost daily for as long as he could remember, certainly as long as the war had lasted.

Ezekiel lifted his Bible from where he stood behind the pulpit and said, his voice slightly choked by tears, “Because our God can bring beauty even out of the ashes…light out of the darkness…purpose out of the loss. No matter what.”

Beauty out of ashes.

Light out of darkness.

Purpose out of loss.

Love out of pain.

Hope out of hopelessness.

Redemption out of brokenness.

Leon adjusted Elias’ sleeping position in his lap and smiled even through his tears. He glanced over at Isabel, seated beside Louisa, smiling and listening intently to Ezekiel’s words, a breathing miracle.

Weeks since she’d been healed…weeks since God had stepped in and rescued Leon’s daughter…weeks since God had shown that he was still the God who healed, still the God who saw, still the God who heard, still the God who never abandoned those he loved.

Did Leon trust him entirely? Had the anger completely faded? Did he no longer blame God for what he had lost?

He didn’t know if he fully trusted God yet. He didn’t know if he could  give God his full belief yet. He didn’t know if all of his anger had faded.

He didn’t know why God had been with him but still allowed Aadelheide to die, and he was doubtful that he ever would.

Maybe Isaiah was right in saying that some answers could only be found on the other side of eternity.

Maybe he would never know. Maybe he would never get the answer to the question he asked most. Would he be able to live without an answer? Would he be able to shoulder on even if God never told him why he hadn’t saved Aadelheide?

Leon glanced at Louisa, at each of his kids. He glanced at Isaiah, at Isaiah’s family. Even with what he’d lost…what had been taken from him, stolen from his hands, still so much remained.

He would mourn what he lost. Maybe he would grieve over Aadelheide the rest of his life. Maybe he would never fully heal.

But wasn’t God strong enough to carry even his brokenness?

Leon bowed his head as Ezekiel began a short prayer. So quiet it was almost silent, Leon lifted a prayer of his own. “Help me to trust you…help me to believe you.”

A chorus of ‘Amen’ echoed through the small church, and Leon carefully lifted to his feet, gently adjusting Elias’ position. Elias’ eyes opened, and a soft whine slipped out of his lips. “Dada…”

Leon smiled and pressed a kiss to Elias’ forehead; Isabel rushed up and gripped his free hand with a giggle. He turned to face Isaiah and Isaiah’s family, Yosef carrying Albert on his shoulders.

He slowly released Isabel’s hand and stepped forward, embracing Isaiah with a single-arm hug. “Thank you, Isaiah…for everything. Recently, for keeping me accountable and helping me…and for always being there for me. Thank you for never giving up on me.”

Isaiah smiled and gave Leon a tight hug before pulling away, gently squeezing Leon’s right shoulder. “I never will, and God most certainly won’t,” Isaiah paused, glanced at everyone around, and met Leon’s gaze once more, “and there’s something else I wanted to talk to you about.”

Louisa stepped forward with a smile, holding out her arms to take Elias. “We can go speak with some others or step outside for a moment. I can take Elias, dear.”

Leon gently handed Elias over; Isabel gripped Louisa’s free hand.

Once they all departed, Leon slightly leaned against the wooden pew and glanced at Isaiah. “What’s going on?”

“Leon, I’m happy for you. I’m very happy for you. These past few weeks, I’ve seen you grow. I’ve watched as you’ve begun surrendering yourself to God. I know you’re struggling to trust him, but I can see how much you’re trying. You’ve stayed away from alcohol, and I am so excited to see where God takes you. But Leon, you will never be able to truly start healing if you don’t do one thing.”

Leon raised a single eyebrow. What was Isaiah getting at?

“You will never be able to truly start healing unless you forgive Riker first.”

“No.”

Isaiah frowned. “Leon—”

“No, Isaiah, no. I can’t forgive him. I won’t,” Leon shook his head, “that’s too much to ask. That’s too much to ask when he killed my wife.”

“Forgiveness has to come before healing, Leon. I know it won’t be easy, trust me, I know, but you have to forgive Riker. Maybe not for his sake, but for yours. You need to heal, you need to be set free, but that can only come after you forgive Riker.”

Leon’s fists clenched. “No, Isaiah…I can’t. I just can’t. I’m sorry, but I can’t do it.”

“You need to.”

“I can’t, Isaiah. I can’t forgive Riker for what he did.”

Isaiah sighed but slowly nodded. “Alright. But it needs to be done.”

Leon nodded and turned away. Forgiving Riker? It wasn’t—no, he couldn’t do it…he just couldn’t.

Not for killing Aadelheide.

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h
                      • Total Posts: 4084

@freed_and_redeemed awwww yay! Leon’s taking steps in the right direction at least.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

-GRCR-
                      @grcr
                        • Total Posts: 1022

@freed_and_redeemed

Awh. Don’t crush my hopes like that! I was so happy for Leon before I got to the end. 😠

Im kidding, but seriously. He was so close… 😭😭

...processing my next response...may take a few hours...

#CassianIsTheBestXD

RAE
                        @rae
                          • Total Posts: 3246

@freed_and_redeemed

I was expecting to not be able to type cuz the keyboard would be fuzzy, but I was pleasantly surprised!

Good for Leon!

And I totally get not wanting to forgive someone. I still can’t bring myself to forgive someone for insulting the memory of my Grandmother not even six months after her passing, let alone someone who killed a family member! I mean, I could say I forgive them, but my heart wouldn’t be in it, ya know?

#Chef
                          #Silfair
                          #Callyn
                          #Almerald
                          #HugRikerandHanssquad
                          #HugLeontoo

freedom
                          @freed_and_redeemed

@keilah-h I know; it’s been a long time coming 🥰😂

@grcr
                            don’t worry….he’ll get there soon 👀

@rae
                            I do understand. Forgiveness is a lot harder than people realize, and though I tend to forgive others fairly easily and instead withhold forgiveness more from myself, I do understand how hard it can be💖

But don’t worry, Leon will get there😉

Ellette Giselle
                            @ellette-giselle

@freed_and_redeemed

I bet people have said this before, but you should get that published! Honestly, I would read it!

Hmm….. Maybe I should start braking hearts around here. I have a few good stories in my collection. You and I could compete to see who can brake the most hearts on Kingdom Pen!! *evil laughter* (totally…. maybe…. kinda joking. :D)

what-d-ya say, friend Freedom? lol.

Sara
                              @savannah_grace2009
                                • Total Posts: 2238

@ellette-giselle

I’d join too…except I don’t write enough to have a competition XDD

Lukas&Livia
                                #Lalbert
                                Sef&Chase
                                #HOTTOLINE
                                LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Ellette Giselle
                                @ellette-giselle

@savannah_grace2009

lol

OH, so this might be a real thing! *rubs hands together* KPers, watch out and grab a box of tissue.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,941 through 5,955 (of 5,980 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >